PRODUCT MANAGER ~ SCIENTIFIC PRODUCTS
Accomplished, results-driven product manager with 12 years of progressive experience in developing and marketing scientific products in highly regulated environments. Leverages extensive background in clinical manufacturing environments with strong business, sales, and marketing skills to develop and execute high-performance strategies for bringing profitable new products to market. Expert at analyzing target markets needs, identifying new products and applications, managing the product lifecycle, and implementing processes and procedures to accelerate sales and ensure that the products compete effectively in the key markets. Highly adept at fostering teamwork and building strong collaborative relationships with multiple stakeholders across all organizational levels.
Core Leadership Qualifications
- Product Development & Launch
- New Business Development
- Market Segmentation Analysis
- Life Cycle Management
- Strategic Sales & Marketing
- Project Management
- Product Line Gap Analysis
- Sales Representative Training
- Standard Operating Procedures
- Distributor Marketing Plans
- Research & Development
- Procedures & Methodologies
Confidential, Pequannock, NJ 2007 to Present
A leading US manufacturer of laboratory products, including test tube racks, magnetic stirring bars, sampling devices, and safety products for the environmental, educational, pharmaceutical, chemical, industrial, and mining industries.
Reporting directly to Director of Sales and Marketing, oversee all aspects of product planning and life cycle management including the identification of current product line gaps based on analysis of customer needs, market data, and competitive trends. Collaborate with key internal and external stakeholders in creating and implementing focused marketing and product strategies to drive new product development and targeted product enhancements. Develop promotions, advertising campaigns, and marketing collateral for new products. Present all new product ideas, concepts, sales updates, and trends to senior management.
- Developed and launched multiple key products with two major distributors, such as Plum® Eyewash, Sterileware® sterile sampling tools , Spinbar® Magnetic Stirring Bars and patent line of test racks which are expected to be the largest revenue generators for 2010.
- Prepared comprehensive product management plans and forecasts, based on detailed financial and market trend analyses, that support yearly price increases and ensure 5% to 8% annual revenue growth.
- Trained internal and distributor sales representatives on company product line and sales techniques.
- Served as primary contact for end-users regarding all product-related issues, including technical support, ensuring that customer satisfaction continually meets or exceeds expectations.
Confidential., Ft. Lauderdale, FL 2007
A regulatory, compliance, and technical consulting firm serving the pharmaceutical, medical device and diagnostic, and over-the-counter drug industries.
Managed day-to-day operational aspects of projects, including quality systems testing and compliance audits, for pharmaceutical and cosmetic clients. Identified and allocated resources and personnel to guarantee that the workflow and progress of each project met customer expectations and satisfaction. Prepared detailed project documents and management plans to ensure that projects were completed within established timelines and budgets.
- Established relationships with 8 new clients over a 10-month period, which collectively generated revenue of approximately $200,000.
- Developed and maintained resource and task allocation schedules for extended client projects, which accurately tracked additional billable hours generating additional revenue more than $500,000 in 2007.
- Improved quality of business practice by enhancing the level of communication with upper management and collaborating on new approaches.
Confidential, Cedar Knolls, NJ 2001 to 2006
A leading manufacturer of drug therapies for cancer and inflammatory disorders with international operations.
Stem Cell Manufacturing Supervisor(2003-2006)
Developed, trained, and managed a high-performance multi-functional team of 15 technicians charged with manufacturing bio-therapeutic products such as amniotic tissue and placental stem cells. Managed daily team performance, assigned daily work schedules, and conducted periodic performance reviews. Created SOPs for multiple laboratory and manufacturing processes and detailed financial reports for each manufactured product. Oversaw extensive and ongoing improvements for laboratory techniques, yields, manufacturing times, and processing equipment. Trained newly hired on-site and off-site technicians.
- Wrote the first SOP on isolating and cryo-preserving placental stem cells, which was instrumental in the company receiving ISO certification in 2005.
- Implemented extensive improvements in laboratory techniques, yields, manufacturing times, and processing equipment that significantly reduced testing costs as well as the rate of bacterial contamination of units.
- Served as a key member of design team in developing a proprietary software application that significantly expedited processing times, enabled the company to file an NDA, and positioned the laboratory as the “gold standard” in the industry.
- Received Outstanding Performance Award for five consecutive years, including in each prior position.
Laboratory Technician I(2001-2002)
Recruited by the CEO/ Owner of Anthrogenesis, a start-up company that was acquired by Celgene Corporation in 2002, and rapidly promoted to a key research position. Managed, reported, and presented clinical trial data to upper management on a weekly basis, which facilitated the development of new FDA-approved products.
- Played proactive role in the development of procedures and methodologies utilized in stem cell identification and processing.
- Designed custom equipment used in the processing of placental stem cells. Saved company approximately $100,000 by hiring an outside engineer to design a highly efficient injection-molded product for processing.
- Created new manufacturing process for isolating placental stem cells incorporating company patents.
EducationMASTERS OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION BACHELOR OF SCIENCE
Major: Biotechnology / Minor: Biochemistry