Executive Summary of Qualifications
Dynamic, solution-focused executive – understand complex business challenges, transform business processes and systems, lead multifaceted technical initiatives, and build cohesion and project engagement across diverse groups of staff, C-Suite executives, and international clients to execute organizational transformations.
Progressive 12-year project management career – valuable depth and breadth of experience providing strategic and operational expertise to increase profitability, productivity and efficiency in global markets; natural leader accomplished in managing cross-functional teams in the design and implementation of IT solutions.
Exceptional organizational leadership capabilities – repeatedly successful driving complex initiatives through all phases of the project lifecycle for Fortune 100 companies as well as small businesses, managing multimillion-dollar projects with while serving as the subject matter expert to more than 150 resources. Core skills include:
- Project Strategy / Direction
- Risk & Quality Management
- Systems Implementation
- Coaching / Mentoring
- Resource & Cost Analysis
- Regulatory Compliance
- Support Documentation
- Change Management
- Business Process Analyses
- Vendor / Agency Relations
- Process Development
- Client Relationships
Confidential, Harrisburg PA 2010 – Present
Recruited to architect, design, and provide implementation guidance and support documents for Digital Asset Management and Content Management System tools at Target Corporation. Define and implement solutions by capturing information from development and providing that information to the Support Team.
Later re-assigned to PA Department of Correction Order-Management development.
- Created support documentation for Media Bin and Digital Asset Management Tools (Application Support Overview, Emergency Recovery, Planned Outage and Recovery Procedures, and others).
- Project Manager on PA DOC order management application development
Confidential, Midland, MI 2000 – 2010
Project Manager – Digital Marketing Public Affairs Department (2007-2010)
Directed development, implementation, and ongoing support of Interwoven TeamSite / OpenDeploy and SiteScore applications to support a high-available environment in a Fortune 40 company with 50,000 web pages. Provided technical and analytical guidance to the project team, collaborating with all areas affected by the project, including 8 system engineer (direct reports), 14 design agencies, and external vendor services.
- Led development of technology changes to drive SEO improvements, which resulted in multiple organic search improvements, including moving all site to Google Page 1 for specific targeted phrases.
- Cut development release time by 50% by establishing repeatable processes, operating discipline, work processes, standards and best practices for 35+ global and regional websites.
- Defined the methodology and led the implementation of standardized taxonomy for translations and localization of digital content; completed 25 + non-English country / language combinations.
- Cut development release time by 50% by creating and implementing repeatable processes, operating discipline, work processes, standards and best practices for 35+ global and regional intranet websites.
- Identified and bridged gap between I/S and Marketing to reduce I/S architecture response time by 90%.
Content Technician – Environment, Health, and Safety Department (2001-2007)
Drove overall technical management of the EH&S web sites (~20,000 web pages) and identifying and resolving emerging and current issues and end user needs. Served as the content support and technical development lead for 120 EH&S content contributors in all global regions. Managed three direct reports to develop and implement processes and procedures for effective use of information assets globally and locally.
- Collaborated with Licensing and Legal for global distribution of Dow and EH&S information, including export licensing requirements; created an approval process to ensure information was properly released.
- Led two large migrations of content into standardized formats using automated technology instead of manpower that effectively reduced transition time by 75%.
- Identified and created a methodology to remotely distribute secured information to non-networked remote locations using Six Sigma to reduce creation cycle time.
Earlier Career Experience:
IT End User Development System Analyst / Consultant – Confidential, Midland, MI (2000-2001)
IT Network, Server and Security Administrator / IS Training Coach – Confidential, MI (1988-2000)
Owned and operated a small locally focused IT consulting business.
Education and Certifications
Post-Graduate Certificate in Business Administration
Continuing to a Masters of Business Administration
Coursework included: Organisational Behaviour (UK spelling)
- Project Management
- Six Sigma Green Belt
- Interwoven System Administrator Training
- Passed the FAA Certification Exam
Served as a long-time volunteer, Chairman, and Co-Chairman of a major recreational aviation convention. Directed paper-to-computer and system integration initiatives, setting up and integrating on-site registration and payment systems for one division. Elected to chair multiple departments to provide operational support and leadership to ensure the one-week annual event ran smoothly and efficiently.
Served on Corporate Knowledge Management Team, News Editorial Board, and School District’s Business Education Program Advisory Committee (Career and Technology Program)
Microsoft Applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, FrontPage, Project
Other Applications: MySQL, Clarity, Result Space, and proprieta`1ry project and resource tracking tools
Analytic Tools: Web Trends 7.0 Log Analytic, 8.0 On Demand, and Google Analytic
Content Management Systems: Team Site 6.5.1, 6.5.2 to 6.7.2 and Live Site 3.0; SiteScope