Senior information system\'s professional, manager, leader, and coach with exceptional skills in a variety of information technology disciplines. Expertise as both a business manager and a technology manager implementing state of the art applications technology. Innovative problem solver with sound managerial and communication skills. Proactive abilities to network and partner with all levels of management to resolve issues and produce desired results through team leadership and teamwork. Managed and coordinated efforts utilizing off-shore development center and System Integrators.
- Resource Deployment: PD’S & Consultants
- Client Project Quotes/Contract Negotiation
- Talent Recruiting, Training, Mentoring
- Project Team Management
- Forecasting to Maximize Consultant Resources
- Information Technology Corporate Management
- Client Presentations: Project Mgmt. Methodologies
- Project Portfolio Management
MS, Information Systems Management
Confidential,Redwood Shores, CA 2007 to 2009
Capabilities Management Director (Resource Director)
- Determined the deployment of appropriate Project Directors and Consultant resources for project implementations to ensure project skills address requirements for our implementation services from 125 available resources.
- Completed CIS staff employee performance reviews, professional talent development, and recruitment, training, and mentoring of 50+ consultants.
- Managed talent acquisition of Project Directors and implementation Consultants covering expansion and replacement of 55% of current staff.
- Delivered accurate forecasting of resources, and the maximization of Consultant utilization to minimize bench strength to less than 5% and attain billable utilization greater than 75%.
- Provided the implementation cost estimates to Account Executives and sales team for proposals and pre-sales activities to secure Implementation Services contracts.
- Supported East Regional Director for project portfolio management and presentations to client management for Oracle’s implementation and project management methodologies for Implementation Services.
Project Director, Confidential,Chicago, Illinois 2000 to 2006
- Prepared and presented project plans, project cost estimates, Statements of Work, and conducted contract negotiations with prospective clients.
- Directed the production support efforts for the converted legacy CIS systems and coordinated project team and client efforts for future planned enhancements.
- Managed the project team for the system upgrade efforts for custom code, interfaces and modifications through the product development team to meet client business processes and system requirements.
- Directed project team for the interface efforts, data conversion, core product modifications, and porting of custom development between product platforms that included business process re-engineering.
- Presented executive status updates of projects, monitored construction progress, and met the client\'s project implementation schedule.
Confidential,Naperville, Illinois 1998 to 2000
Director, Project 2000
- Led the corporate-wide Y2K project that was on time and under budget by $2 million with no interruption in gas service to customers, and no disruptions in normal business operations or services provided by information technology.
- Directed the efforts of 100+ employees and consultants to assure compliance by conducting the assessment, remediation, testing, and implementation for noncompliant systems.
- Managed project and resource plans for the mainframe and client-server environments, embedded systems, telecommunications, contingency plans, year-end operating plan, and the year-end rollover schedule for personnel.
- Managed the cooperative Y2K compliance efforts with major pipelines, other local distribution companies, financial institutions, major customers, and suppliers.
Confidential,Lombard, Illinois 1986 to 1998
Systems Manager, Corporate Information Systems: 1997 to 1998
- Responsible for the management of a staff of eight (8) people with $800,000 budget, for the development, implementation, and maintenance of the Company\'s Procurement, Materials Management, Project Tracking, Pipeline Tariff & Rates Systems, and Engineering Business systems.
- Managed the replacement of the mainframe purchasing, requisitioning, receiving, and inventory costing system utilizing PowerBuilder software and Sybase database.
- Re-engineered business processes for two major initiatives, 1) Order management capabilities, and 2) Procurement, engineering, and gas transmission.
Project Manager, Systems Development: 1986 to 1997
- Directed the building of a Gas Volume Measurement Editor and the construction of an Electronic Measurement Data Warehouse of hourly/daily/real-time gas measurements and gas qualities for 3000-meter sites.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of an online Inventory System for a $25 million inventory at 50 field offices.
- Managed the development and implementation of a new month-end Inventory Costing and Subsidiary Ledger System with interfaces to the General Ledger.
PMP Certification (in-process)
ITIL v3 Foundations Certified
Multiple Project Management & Implementation Methodologies
Leadership Series Courses and Supervisor Training
Project Management, AMA & Managing Personal Growth
Targeted Selection for Interviewing and Hiring
PMI Project Management Institute (current member)
West Aurora School Board, 4 years.
West Aurora Sports Booster Board, President 2 years, Vice-President 9 years.
Jaycees, 8 years offices held, Treasurer and Internal Vice President.