I am an astute, achievement-oriented professional and I enjoy exceeding targets. To every team I bring vision, creativity and support, primarily because I am committed to delivering excellent results and effecting positive change. I possess excellent problem solving and analytical skills in addition to written and verbal communication skills.
I will be coming to the USA in the near future to marry my fiancé. I require sponsorship to work in the USA. I currently have a US tourist visa.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Health, Safety and Environment Certificate 2012 (HSE – Level 1&2)
Cisco Certification and Training 2011
CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate)
MSc Data Telecommunications and Networks 2009Confidential, Manchester, UK
Modules studied include:
Computer Networks, Programming for Network Systems C++
Wireless and Mobile Communications, Network Security, Network Architectures and Design
Network Quality of Service, Research Methods, Project Management
B.Eng (Hons) Electrical Engineering 1999
TECHNICAL SKILLS and COMPETENCES
- Strong Telecommunication & Project Management background
- Experience in Telecoms/ IP environment projects.
- Experience in Telecommunication systems to meet different design specifications
- Experience at interfacing with Vendors/ supplies both local and international
- Experience in CCTV, PAGA (public address and general alarm) system, Fence Intrusion Detection system, Microwave system, Telephone system, structured cabling, LAN/WAN Systems and Telecommunication un- interruptible power supply (TUPS).
Position: Lead Engineer-Telecommunications Systems Design
- Part of project team and accountable to the Project Manager for the project execution work.
- Understands the safety, legal and technical specification requirements relevant to specific project.
- Ensure that the Engineering designs are in compliance with project specific requirement, and in-line with the Company’s Engineering Standard Practice, Company’s ISO procedures, national and international engineering norms, codes, and safety requirements, or as directed and advised by Project Manager.
- Generate cost efficient engineering design deliverables, such as block diagrams, bill of materials, functional design specifications, design calculation, wiring drawings, and all other documents and drawings as required by project and necessary to ensure equipment can be procured, integrated, tested, installed and handed over to the customer on schedule.
- Ensure equipment supplied for a specific project is technically compliant with relevant specification requirements, technical forum standards, correctly configured and completed.
- Ensures equipment specified can be successfully integrated with other equipment with which it has to interface.
- Produces acceptance test documentation appropriate to project integration.
- Conduct Factory Acceptance Testing and obtain customer acceptance.
- Provides technical support to system assembly and integration.
- Perform other duties related to the project execution work, including site survey and site related activities.
- Experience in wireless communication system in the area of Line-Of-Sight (Microwave) and/or TETRA radio systems
- Familiar with Aviat Network microwave radio system and TETRA radio system
- Capable of performing frequency interference analysis and radio coverage analysis and link budget calculation in the microwave and UHF bands
- Field experience in the deployment, provisioning and commissioning of wireless radio systems. i.e. ODU 300 and ODU600
- Field experience in the communication tower, antennae and communication shelters installation
- CCNA certification
- Experience in voice and data network implementation and deployment
- Familiar with Cisco Call Manager and Cisco LAN technology
- PABX IP Gateway to provide; legacy connectivity, connection to public network, connection of digital telephones and attendant operator consoles, connection to analogue devices such as fax machine, IP connectivity, voice compression channels, media service, voice guide, conferencing and tone generation
Security Systems (CCTV and Access Control)
- Experience in supervision role in electronic, alarm, security industries
- Ability to read blue prints and schematic drawings
- Relevant experience with IP CCTV system and Access Control System
- Familiar with Pelco, Bosch, Synetic CCTV system and/or GE, LENEL, Bosch access control system
- Ensure the complete Detailed Design of CCTV Equipment; Multimode Fibre optic cable video receiver for all PTZ cameras, TCP/IP interface to RAID DVR storage, interface to Monitors and remote control keyboard (Remote Access workstation), Alarm inputs for other security system interface, Alarm output-dry contact
- Ensure the complete Detailed Design of Access Control System to meet the following specification; Installation of system components (main equipment; local system server, access control software, Door card readers, card format, access controller, interfaces and cabling), configuration and commissioning of system.
Public Address and General Alarm (PAGA) System
- Ensure the complete Detailed Design of PAGA system Equipment; Loudspeakers, audio amplifier patch panel, PA Main Distribution/Marching frame to facilitate bottom-fed field cables, Fibre optic interface with system control equipment, fault monitoring of Amplifiers, Local data interface for loop, visual indication of all alarms, line and system, on modules and/or alarm panel, internet protocol interface to enable remote access.
Fence Intrusion Detection (FID) System
- Ensure the complete detailed design of Fence Intrusion Detection System, ( FID) to provide monitoring and controlling of FID system from a central location, simple, intuitive menu driven alarm response function, logging of all alarm information and operator actions and response to both an electronic file and/or an output printer, isolation or disabling of individual sections of the sensor cable, display of all sensor alarm conditions and the location in real time, and display of customised site map showing the status of each alarm zone.
Position: Project Manager, Telecoms/IT
- Ensure the projects are managed in accordance with the client’s methodologies. In addition undertake all aspects of project management including project reporting, dependencies, change control, risk mitigation and issue resolution.
- Project Management of introduction of new technology capability.
- Coordination with the client’s development, technical and sales departments.
- Preparation of Request for Quote material and framework for product evaluation.
- Project management of improvement initiatives.
- Scheduling and resource management of the development and technical team to meet the requirements of several applications.
- Demonstrating good IT Project Management practice to business sponsors and key stakeholders.
- Participation in service review meeting with clients as part of maintenance contract.
- Ensuring the follow up of each market for the client has responsibility, through to client invoicing.
Position: IT Systems Engineer and Network Administrator
- Designed computer networks and architecture to fulfill a user requirement and to appreciate the business impact of such network with a broad view of the practical issues associated with the design, operation, performance and management of a selection of network architecture.
- Implemented LANs, WANs, Internet Gateways, Data Centre Networks, Networks Security, and Cabling (copper and fibre) in order to ensure provision of critical services and support for both subscribers and internal users.
- Managed and administrated all mobile communication (mobile phones, data modems, VHF radio, remote access to local network)
- Performed daily/nightly network, system, application and server monitoring.
- Managed and administrated home internet connections based on mobile modems or home cable connection.
- Strong IT understanding of network protocols, the OSI model and the interdependencies of server applications and network operations.
- Adept knowledge of Microsoft Windows 2000, XP desktops & Windows server2000 / 2003, knowledge of IT concepts such as OSI model TCP/IP, ATM, LAN/WAN networking.
- Controlled and supervised the IT security level by managing the main Firewall & Proxy Servers.
- Created and kept up to date inventories in the area of activity (network equipments - switches, routers, modems, radio antennas, optical fibre and radio structures).
- Provided risk management and quality assurance in the area of activity.
- Worked as a Clearing Officer; leading the clearing team to clearing house on daily basis.
- Ensure the smooth running of outward and inward clearing process.
- Ensure the constant supervision on the use of ECPIX server for transmission of data to Nigeria Inter-Bank Settlement System (NIBSS).
- Successful liaison with the Central Bank and other regulatory authorities ensuring prompt and accurate regulatory reporting as well as rendition of appropriate returns.