- Senior Project Manager, Technical Delivery Manager, Program Manager or other opportunity that would benefit from a blended skill set in program/project management, continuous process improvement (CPI), quality management, system engineering and organizational change management.
- 15+ years in leadership and management roles on programs, projects, and initiatives incorporating both strategic planning and tactical operations.
- Management experience spans dedicated project teams and shared, matrixed, cross - functional, international teams. Hands-on technical experience as a developer, DBA and systems integrator. Certifications in project management, Six Sigma and systems engineering.
Confidential, Baltimore, Maryland
Program Manager/IT Project Manager
- Implemented a capacity-based pricing model for a corporate IT project portfolio ($200MM, 130+ projects) that generates an annual quantifiable, seven-figure cost savings return.
- Defined program strategy and managed IT partner teams supporting the Affordable Care Act (ACA) on three ACA exchanges (Maryland, Virginia, and the District of Columbia).
- Worked extensively with the CareFirst ePMO in redefining and formalizing process changes impacting implementation and testing across all corporate portfolio projects.
- Improved large group service center first call resolution through project delivery of an IT application interfacing with fourteen enterprise applications and services.
- Supported enterprise managers, their projects and their on-site/off-shore resources for all areas of a healthcare payer IT organization, including member service, provider networks, broker operations, claim adjudication, and pharmacy benefit management.
- Completed numerous enterprise project activities (planning, integration, procurement, sunset) spanning varied HW/SW applications.
- Concurrently as a vendor contract manager for IT operations:
- Provided and reviewed contract inputs, including key performance indicators and service level agreements, on two, multi-year, eight-figure statements of work with our principal IT partners.
- Established reporting standards and managed compliance to the executed SOW.
- Concurrently as a change manager:
- Defined and formalized process changes to mitigate audit risks and compliance issues.
- Implemented process changes directed at improving accuracy of the annual IT project budget.
- Changed project management behavior through education and persistent communication.
Confidential, East Norriton, PA
Senior IT Project Manager/PMPResponsibilities:
- Completed assessment and project initiation activities on data warehousing, medical economics and end-to-end testing projects for a Medicaid/Medicare Managed Care Organization (MCO)
- Authored a test requirement set, test plan, test data plan, and release strategy to mitigate risk in complying with CMS ICD-10 Level I and Level II testing requirements.
- Developed and shared operational knowledge and functional system flow of client Medicaid operations to support ICD-10 program integration and requirement analysis.
Confidential, West Trenton, NJ
- Accomplished project management lead and support activities on concurrent USA/HHS/CMS initiatives and mandates executed for a 500,000+ Medicaid member MCO including healthcare economics, medical loss ratio, HIPAA 5010, EDI/ETL, and ICD-10.
- Championed cost-savings initiative utilizing pharmacy claims to help identify members where earlier medical intervention would result in reduced medical treatment costs.
Confidential, Wilkes-Barre, PA
Manager - Quality and TestingResponsibilities:
- Defined and managed the AHG Quality Program with successful implementations that included process improvements, support of NCQA/HEDIS reaccreditation and systems upgrade. (MS Project)
- Achieved quality savings exceeding $250k annually through completion of two lean Six Sigma Black Belt projects that improved information and data quality while decreasing monthly level of effort.
Confidential, Teaneck, NJ
- Performed project management duties as part of the five member PMO team tasked with developing and deploying an ERP system. Project spanned three calendar years and 100+ FTEs.
- Implemented process improvement process where system anomalies were identified, analyzed, and resolved resulting in improved order accuracy exceeding 99.3%. (Oracle, Six Sigma, TQM)
- Completed PM/BA assignments on multiple, concurrent projects related to database upgrades, application releases, infrastructure procurements, and performance initiatives.
Confidential, Houston, TX
Advanced from Programmer/AnalystResponsibilities:
- SQA Team Lead for FACC components of the on-board shuttle software and ground processing software for the NASA Space Transportation System (STS).
- Designed, implemented and managed operations and staff of a rapid application development facility including formal system verification for classified operations. Recognized with FACC Corporate Team of the Month for the multi-disciplinary 30+ member group.