- 13 years combined operations management (P&L) and program/project management responsibilities over multi - disciplined and cross-functional technical and operational teams in healthcare (HIT, Financial and Clinical), international business operations and logistics
- At Confidential, as Director of Operations manages day to day operations and program managers with planning, issue escalation and resolution, UAT & regression testing plans, authoring white papers, mentoring, internal affairs and client relationship management. Additionally managed 5 multi-year DoD research programs as Program Manager, including next generation prototypes and prototype integrations with legacy systems (DEERS, CHCS, AHLTA, etc.) $40M in FFP programs 4 years.
- At Confidential (HIT Business Consulting), as Deputy Project Manager managed the implementation of ACA and Federal Exchange for Confidential. Also standardized the agile project management processes and reporting; implemented multiple business process improvement projects
- At Confidential (leading healthcare data exchange provider), as vertical director/deputy project manager in professional services, streamlined processes, implemented agile framework (two active scrum teams) and turned cost center into a profit center for the professional services division (customizing to move WellPoint to web platform over 2.5 years, 5010 and CMS compliance, golden path product, etc.). Program with $650k budget; First year annual margin over $500,000.
- At Confidential managed Laboratory IT Program related projects (FDA compliance, south lab build-out, new lab IT system), leading to $1,500,000 in cash flows over 5 years. Converted laboratory business PMO from waterfall to agile project management.
- At Confidential (A billion dollar Healthcare IT provider), while setting up office space and ensuring regulatory compliance in Malaysia, Singapore and France, managed a team of six while decreasing global mobility program’s annual budget by 6% or $380,000. P&L budget of $850k.
- At Confidential (a global containerized shipping and logistics company) as business process improvement (BPI) project manager, managed a variety of BPI projects including three acquisitions. The rate of exchange process improvement project yielded annual savings of $2.5M.
- Proven Leadership and Management Skills; experienced in management of multi-disciplined and diverse project teams (domestic and international), excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Innovates while managing
- Proven program and project manager, in both Agile (scrum master certified 2011) and Waterfall applications, particularly in cross-functional scenarios where multiple entities require coordination for successful project/product delivery
- Particularly effective in high-ambiguity, multi-faceted client facing scenarios from concept through implementation, managing the needs of the customer, the team and the program
- Masters’ degrees in Business Administration and Public Administration, PhD candidate in Public Health, with a research focus in healthcare IT
Confidential, Daytona Beach, FL
Director Operations & Program ManagerResponsibilities:.
- Theater Gap Analysis - Creative architecture design to work well in unique DoD austere environments to support healthcare admin and the critical hour (AHLTA, CHCS, etc.) ($5M)
- Innovation Ecosystem - Ecosystem to streamline development process via automating VM creation, resource mgmt., access to system images, automating initiation activities, etc. ($3M)
- Demo & Validation - resolving DHA point to point interfaces via SOA to create efficiency, data availability and recoupment of sustainment costs (Cerner GENISIS, DEERS, CHCS, etc.) ($3M) iBO - Business Optimization- A framework & processes required to develop services based integration capabilities enabling real-time integration between legacy HIT systems ($12M)
- Optimal Vision Care Prototype - a web-based Electronic Health Record (EHR) application focusing on vision care for the Vision Center of Excellence and MHS. ($8M)
- Patient Identifier Exposure - Risk/exposure to patient data reduced through Transitory Soft Token or Temporary Identifier ($2M)
- Medical Information Fusion and Decision Support - research and develop a working prototype that fuses information from disparate sources (labs, pharmacy, EMR) and provides a means of querying the data to support Medical Readiness planning and decision making across the enterprise ($6M)
- USUHS Cloud Strategy and BPA Program - Streamline and enhance cloud services and strategy for the University ($5M)
- Successfully managed DHA research programs through base/option POPs ($40M over 4 years)
- Authored multiple white papers, supporting the PJITC, promoting research program success and program extension/follow-on work, author on bids/proposals
- As Director of Operations managed PMO activities, office moves, GFE inventory, P&L, corporate reporting, performance issues, enterprise infrastructure, Qbase acquisition and fostered healthy ongoing working relationships with clients
- Standardized processes for agile project management methodologies across the enterprise
Confidential,New Smyrna beach, fl
- Successfully implemented enterprise wide telephony upgrade under budget, while maintaining business and clinical operations, meeting operational goal of zero downtime during cut over
- ACA program was one of very few across the country successfully implemented by deadline
Implementations and Program ManagerResponsibilities:.
- Molded, mapped and executed innovation pipeline program; constructed project/scrum teams, and lead cutting edge projects from ideation to market
- Successfully implemented new healthcare virtual card program, allowing Payers to pay providers on a new, innovative platform and increased product margin by 8%
- Successfully re - introduced agile/scrum methodologies and more efficient process flows into the PMO
Professional Services Director/program ManagerResponsibilities:.
- Took over expert services division in June 2011, implementing new processes, policies and creating new reporting standards for resourcing and forecasting
- Successfully managed the implementation and associated value add projects of blue cross BSMN
- Project for 835 era load implemented ahead of schedule and under budget through realignment of resources, leverage of existing architecture, Corporate priorities and client expectations negotiated, allowing for $1.2M in profits in 2011
Sr. Project ManagerResponsibilities:.
- Managed the successful implementation of integrated lab functionality, creating operational efficiency and eliminating need for additional lab resources due to efficiency gains
- Managed project team and related projects to become FDA compliant, assisting in business development of $1,500,000 in cash flows over 5 years
- Drove laboratory IT to a metric - based organization via capacity planning tools, KPI reporting, business process analysis and validation efforts