- MBA Finance graduate with more than 15 years of Information Technology experience in the Financial Services and Credit Card industry.
- My success as a Technical Project Manager is built on my experience in applying my advanced business education and experience in Project Planning, Business System Analysis, Designing Business Processes and Workflows.
- With high level analytical skills coupled with excellent leadership, written and verbal communications skills, I am able to effectively communicate to all levels of an organization and unify project teams around delivery goals.
- Infrastructure and Network projects
- Relational database project delivery
- Programming languages
- Rally - Agile Project Mgmt System
- Agile & Waterfall Project delivery
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO)
- Microsoft Project, Office, Visio
- Jira, Confluence, Sharepoint
- Cross functional Agile team delivery
Confidential, Wilmington, DE
Technical Project Manager
- Promoted to project manager role to plan, schedule and execute all stages of proof of concept of a tool (Imperva) that monitors and alerts security team in case of user extracting data from critical databases that breaches the bank policy.
- Project Manager for Protective Technology initiatives that focus on Information Risk Management (IRM) and Cyber Security projects such as Captcha, ModSecurity and IBM Tealeaf implementations.
- Currently managing 2MM infrastructure initiatives to support data loss prevention (DLP) of sensitive customer data from databases (Imperva), email and web (Symantec DLP).
- Product owner for implementing new internal user web access infrastructure (proxy) that will enable bank to monitor and inspect all users’ web traffic, as well as control or prohibit sensitive customer information from leaving the bank.
- Effectively managed and closed projects within budget and resource constraints meeting aggressive delivery deadlines.
- Successfully develop and deliver creative technical solutions by leveraging existing systems and infrastructure in conjunction with building strong relationships with technical teams and resources.
- Plan, budget, oversee and document all aspects of the various major projects. Managed project using Leadership, Time Management, Budgeting and Analytical skills.
- Provided project sponsors with assessed business implications for each project phase and monitored progress to meet deadlines and cost targets.
- Excelled in articulating project goals and scope, translated business needs to technical teams, and prepared detailed work breakdown structure (WBS) and project plans that helped to instilled shared accountability for achieving project targets.
- Worked with various vendors and professional services teams to elaborate the business requirements for implementation and configuration of off-the-self applications.
- Day-to-day interaction with various infrastructure teams for technical walk through of various components being implemented and related technical issues to understand the workflow and possible impacts to the project timeline.
- Excel at liaising between business and technical areas to achieve project completion on time, budget and per the specifications.
- Satisfied business units, key stakeholders and executive sponsors by delivering solutions that provide process improvements and meet business objectives while remediating risks and gaps.
- Met project deliverables considering customer and user needs with business requirements and working under constraints like budgetary and resource restrictions.
- Resolved numerous project issues like resource shortages, tactical matters, scope creep and divergent business needs.
Confidential, Wilmington, DE
Senior Business Analyst
- Gather and document requirements for medium to large projects impacting one or cross functional areas of business. Conduct Business User Meetings, Interviews and JAD sessions
- Work as a liaison among project stakeholders to elicit, analyze, communicate and validate requirements for new functionality being created by Solution Delivery
- Own the creation of requirement documents that are clear and straightforward using diagrams, tables and pictures where possible
- Assist in developing the business requirements, including identification of opportunities for Improvement and Optimization of Business Processes involving Solution Delivery
- Conduct Impact Analysis and Managed Changing User Requirements
- Develop, document and review Requirement Documents and assist to create functional specification documents and detailed Feature Requirements
- Map user requirements and perform GAP analysis by identifying existing processes and technologies, and document the enhancements needed to meet the user requirements
- Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans
- SME for business and functional domain knowledge in the Legal and Compliance Solution Delivery verticals
- Adhere to all Barclays, Barclaycard, BCUS and BTG standards, policies and governance practices
- Demonstrate Business System Analyst abilities, innovative while striving for solutions oriented approaches, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, hands-on Business System Analyst with the desire to work extensively with team members
- Credit Card Regulatory, Legal and Compliance experience. Experience defining/redefining infrastructure technology support models
- Financial Services experience and solid Business Analyst experience on projects requiring technical software development
Confidential, Wilmington, DE
Business System Analyst
- Review business processes and workflow to understand business requirements. Gather and research data based on collected information, and design process/data models
- Graphically captured as-is scenario of the processes by creating Process Flows Diagrams
- Map user requirements and performed GAP analysis, Break-Even analysis by identifying existing processes and technologies, and document the enhancements needed to meet the user requirements
- Worked one-on-one with Subject Matter Experts (SME) to understand current work flow of the Marketing Operations
- Gathered Functional Requirements for different back-end application in conjunction with Business users and Subject Matter Experts (SME)
- Coordinated closely with Technology leads in creation of Functional and Technical Specification documents
- Ensured consensus and accurate communication of requirements between Business and Information Technology teams
- Designed and developed Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, and Sequence Diagrams
- Ensure efficient functioning of business application from both IT & End-user perspectives by reviewing, analyzing, evaluating of business systems/user needs for new program and complex modification to existing programs
- Coordinate and support the project team in developing Test Plans and Test Scripts/Test Cases
- Led work with Application Development team, Business Engineers as well as groups of SME’s to carve out Business Rules for the Ultimate Rewards Platform from Business and Functional Requirements
- Co-lead current state analysis of Testing Procedures and defined the Target State Testing Methodology for the new Rewards Platform. Created E2E process flow and procedures for the entire Pre-Testing, Testing and Post-Testing phases of the methodology
- Created different Levels of Business Process Flows & Procedures that were required for the Content Management of the Ultimate Rewards Site for Initial Launch and also for Run-The-Engine post-launch changes. Also prepared documentation of Ultimate Reward Public Site
- Debit/Retail Integration of the Content Management Business Process with existing processes, for Initial Launch as well as Business-As-Usual post-launch changes
- Responsible for the entire SDLC of both the Tools for all the phases of the life cycle from Requirement, Functional, Built, Testing through Implementation phase. Was key player in providing Logical Construction of the tool using Visual Basic Script
- Analyzed current scoping process and re-engineered entire process with the help of creating a graphical Scoping Toolkit and Site Map in Microsoft Visio software. Also documented each functional feature that may need an upgrade, enhancement or redevelopment
- Extensive work in defining Rewards Program Set-up Process, was responsible to create Business Architect, E2E Processes and Procedures that are required by each Chase vendor to set-up, for them to be accessed through www.Chase.com rewards site
- Also created number of Use Cases, Service Level Agreements (SLA), Timelines and Gantt Charts for Program Set-up process
- Being the assigned System Analyst of the committee was responsible to understand and capture the flow of data between different systems using Sequence Diagram and to find faults in system communication for failures of rewards account enrollment
- Defined the Run-The-Engine Processes for Business Users for Rewards Vendor Fulfillment SLA Exceptions process, High Value Rewards Check Validation Process, Apply-by-Phone Validation/Audit process & Pre-Launch Validation process
Confidential, Boston, MA
- Documented and validated the business process flow for Fixed Income Trading System
- Interacted with SMEs in Fixed Income, Bonds and Bond Trading Cycle, Bond Pricing, and Asset Management
- Analyzed and investigated business user issues and worked with SME’s and Managers to identify related “defects” and required “enhancements” in the application and captures business requirements
- Functioned as the primary liaison between the line of business, project management, and the technical areas throughout the project cycle
- Facilitated and managed meeting sessions with SMEs from various business areas to capture requirements for enhancements in the application. Involved with following financial products and terms: Fixed Income, Derivatives, and Equities Trade Cycle
- Analyzed & prioritized key reports for day to day resolution of user & application issues
- Extracted, discussed and created business requirements document with the business users
- Re-evaluated business processes by partnering with process owner using appropriate methods and tools
- Coordinated closely with Tech leads to create functional specification documents
- Implemented processes and tools for requirements gathering, analyzing, planning, tracking and delivery
- Ensured consensus and accurate communication of requirements and between Business and IT teams
- Designed and developed Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, and Sequence Diagrams
- Developed test plans, test conditions and test cases to be used in testing based on business requirements
- Collaborated with the QA team to ensure adequate testing of software both before and after completion, maintained quality procedures, and ensured that appropriate documentation is in place
- Conducted UAT (User Acceptance Testing)
- Reported and analyzed all application defects, user issues and resolution status to the higher manager
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
- Extensive experience in fixed income trading such as bonds, Notes, and Bills with estimation of coupon rate, current yield, YTC, and YTM
- Effectively worked with SMEs to formalize trading tools and functions, including market order, limit order and daily trading volumes and analyzing efficient frontier, risk factors, alternative returns & CAPM and P/E asset valuation method
- Assisted client in development of business requirements, including identification of opportunities for improvement and optimization of business processes
- Assisted PM in developing project plan and tracking project process, scheduling and organizing group meeting, as well as developed risk management plan
- Built a close working relationship with teammates, developers, testers and management staff by conducting regular one-on-one sessions and group meetings
- Gathered and documented business requirements to contribute to the risk/return Analysis, and portfolio optimization and diversification
- Designed and developed use cases, activity diagrams, sequence diagrams, OOAD using UML and business process modeling
- Conducted discussions to document high level system design
- Involved in preparing a simple and detailed user manual and assisted training session of the Business Users for the new and improved system
Confidential, Riverwoods, IL
- Mapping Business Line and IT processes with the help of process owners using appropriate methods
- Responsible for producing process flow diagrams for To-Be & As-Is process flows using MS Visio
- Responsible for re-evaluating & validating with Current state process and analyze To-Be process
- Facilitated requirement gathering sessions for different business areas reporting needs
- Conducted business user meetings, interviews and JAD sessions
- Performed Gap Analysis and Data Analysis for integration processes
- Developed, documented and reviewed requirement documents and assisted to create functional specification documents
- Conducted impact analysis and managed changing user requirements
- Responsible for assuring integrity of rewards system by developing and executing test specifications and test plans by working with testing team to improve quality processes
- Conducted user review meetings. Maintained all review documents and approvals
- Acted as a nodal point between the business line, operations, and the technical areas
- Developed use cases, test scenarios and implemented test plan
- Coordinated UAT and user training
Confidential, Cleveland, OH
- Conducted user interviews, gathered requirements, analyzed, and documented business requirements based on the analysis of loan processing workflow model
- Analyzed various steps in the loan lifecycle and designed the system to identify & monitor the riskier loans
- Analyzed and prioritized key reports for day to day servicing needs for loan monitoring processing and Inspection
- Addressed all aspects of the loan lifecycle, starting from identifying a deal right up to loan closure
- Used standard Business Analysis methodology centered on RUP
- Designed and developed use cases, activity diagrams, sequence diagrams using MS Visio
- Provided functional specification to development team to build enterprise reporting systems
- Clarified QA team issues and reviewed test plans and test scripts developed by QA team to make sure that all requirements will be covered in scripts and tested properly
- Participated in the bug review meetings, Updated requirement document as per business user feedback
- Assisted client in developing content and training materials; recommended enhancements and identified new business requirements
- Assisted with product evaluation, product customization and system integration
- Facilitated and managed meeting sessions with committee of SMEs from various business areas including mortgage servicing, loan monitoring and asset management
Confidential, New York, NY
- Responsible for conducting competitive financial analysis projects including ROI, budgeting, profit analysis, capital versus expenses and resource allocation
- Led weekly update meeting with Accounting/Finance team in regards to invoicing, billing issues, With Sales Team for outstanding invoices, samples, With Production team for late shipments or quality issues
- Process payments in regards to invoices, credit memos, discounts, etc. Research any discrepancies with prices and chargeback amount and take steps to rectify them
- Substantiate and record all Consignment transactions required i.e. by verifying transaction accuracy and authorization, monitoring automated batches and recording transactions. And reconciling Consignments
- Maintained contractual agreements and other information on Customers
- Responsible for providing financial reports to CPA for Audit and Tax purposes
- Prepared budget forecasting for a variety of departments based on business opportunities
- Analyzed and reported on historical and future trends in performance
- Coordinated and maintained company databases applying knowledge of database management system
- Directly interacted with customers and vendors regarding accounting queries and reconciliation
- Recognized accomplishment for creating efficient vendor purchasing system to deal with overseas vendors, which resulted into reduction of work by 40%. This system also decreased complexity and improved accuracy
- Dealt on daily bases with overseas Vendors in Hong Kong, Thailand and India
- Inventory management for all imported goods
- Responsible for managing company participation in leading Trade Shows around the country
- In charge for coordination between clients, Artwork and printing agencies for the production of Seasonal Flyer
- Developed an integrated repository of current and historical data, encompassing all operational and research areas
- Contributed to the building of a state-of-the-art decision support infrastructure with On-Line Analytical Processing (OLAP) capabilities, which includes providing a multi-dimensional and subject oriented view of the database
- Built a user group specific data mart, based on the central repository
- Worked closely with Senior Management to create Work-Breakdown Structure, Resource-Breakdown Structure using MS Project 98 and managed project and resources to accomplish company’s goal
- Provided extensive metadata for a clear organization of the data
- Assisted with user testing of systems (UAT), developed and maintained quality procedures, and ensured that appropriate documentation is in place
- Conducted user interviews at both in-house and client locations, gathered and analyzed requirements using Waterfall Methodology
- Designed and developed Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, using UML
- Identified, Researched, Realized, Investigated, Analyzed, Defined and Documented business processes and use case scenarios
- Implemented a web-based access to the Warehouse