- Highly motivated and proactive Certified Purchasing Manager, recipient of Purchasing Magazine’s Medal of Professional Excellence, and Speaker/Presenter at ISM’s Global Procurement Conference with a 20 - year successful track record for reducing costs, improving cash-flow, and increasing process efficiencies is seeking a challenging, long-term career with a company that utilizes Strategic Sourcing to improve their bottom-line.
Confidential- Atlanta, GA
Strategic Sourcing Commodity Manager
- Develop category spend management strategies for IT Hardware, Software, and Professional Service spend and build consensus with client business stakeholders.
- Build comprehensive negotiation plans to support strategic sourcing initiatives.
- Obtain savings opportunities and effectively manage vendors to maintain the highest standards of service and quality.
- Facilitate communication between clients, business units, internal stakeholders and suppliers for enhanced productivity.
- Provide leadership, mentoring, and support to onsite and cross-functional teams to ensure they understand their roles and interdependence in the negotiation process.
- Build and effectively maintain relationships within all organizational levels to ensure expectations and service objectives are being exceeded.
Confidential - Alpharetta, GA.
Enterprise Strategic Sourcing Manager
- Responsible for an annual spend of $200M+.
- Analyze relevant market conditions, best-in-class technology trends, cost drivers, and economic indicators.
- Work with internal clients to understand their requirements and help educate them on best in class options available.
- Lead Sourcing projects from engagement to contract implementation via the 7-Step Sourcing Process.
- Rationalize supply base to leverage spend with fewer suppliers to receive better contract terms and prices.
- Perform contract reviews for applicable areas of responsibility.
- Influencing Skills: The ability to work in close alignment with other functions internally and suppliers externally to influence others so that the desired results are achieved.
Confidential - Atlanta, GA
- Develop and lead the sourcing category strategies for Infrastructure HW, SW, Image & Workflow, Web Applications (including those for Social Media), Hosted Solutions, ASPs and various other SW commodities while ensuring that best practices are utilized throughout the sourcing lifecycle.
- Assess internal requirements and operating environments, develop sourcing strategies, establish selection criteria, evaluate suppliers, lead contract negotiations, and drive project implementations.
- Ensure effective process and communication channels are in place to maximize the delivery of sourcing projects while keeping Executive stakeholders continuously up to date.
- Build strong value based relationships with LOBs and BU’s to proactively manage requirements and demand.
- Establish and create detailed spend baselines and analytics within responsible categories.
- Accountability/Results Driven: Personal willingness to be responsible for the outcome of your actions and the determination and know-how to ensure that results are achieved.
- Project Management: The ability to manage multiple projects to deliver the desired outcome.
- Establish performance scorecards and SLAs.
- Develop and implement Sourcing standards, procedures, and disciplines.
- Implement multi-year strategic alliances with suppliers to leverage company-wide volumes for lower prices and more efficient processes.
Confidential - Atlanta, GA. & Jacksonville, FL.
Senior Sourcing Manager
- Utilize Cloud Storage to reduce internal storage costs.
- Develops and implements purchasing strategies that incorporates contracts, purchasing tools and supplier management techniques.
- Drive end-to-end strategic sourcing processes designed to reduce costs while improving service levels for multiple IT spend categories including Software, Maintenance, and Training.
- Profile spend categories, develop sourcing strategies, evaluate current and potential suppliers, develop negotiation strategies, draft and negotiate contractual terms & conditions.
- Inform management of emerging technologies, progress of new initiatives, supplier and/or product performance, and areas where additional value can be realized.
Confidential - Atlanta, GA.
Global Procurement Manager
- Recruited to assist in developing an Indirect Sourcing department to strategically source Corporate Services and Indirect Products for North America, UK, Continental Europe and Asia Pac including but not limited to: Computer Hardware & Software, Telecom, Travel, Corporate Cards, Temporary Labor & Contracting Services, Market Data, and Contract Management.
- Analyze company-wide spend and develop analytics designed to identify and prioritize savings opportunities.
- Assess stakeholder requirements and current operating environments, assist in developing standard contracts, develop sourcing strategies, evaluate suppliers, negotiate contracts, implement project plans, evaluate market Best in Class pricing, evaluate supplier performance against developed contractual service levels, and track savings.
- Develop and implement strategic procurement processes and policies designed to standardize global operating procedures.
Confidential - Augusta, GA.
Global Procurement Director
- Develop and implement Best-in-Class Supply Chain and Procurement strategies for IT (Computer Hardware/Software) Corporate Services, MRO, Telecom, Print, Temporary Labor, Office Supplies and Corrugated Packaging.
- Fully leverage all applicable volumes/spend globally to reduce the Total Cost of Ownership and increase process efficiencies.
- Develop RFI/RFPs, negotiate contracts, establish Service Level Agreements (SLAs), and develop performance metrics for respective suppliers.
- Exceeded savings goals in 2003 and 2004
Confidential - Atlanta GA.
Director for Indirect Sourcing
- Recruited to develop a Sourcing Department for Indirect including Information Technology (IT), Corporate/Facility Services, Indirect Materials, and E-Commerce including the following: Temporary Labor, Consulting, Professional Recruiting, Human Resource Benefits, Tax Audits, Travel & Entertainment, Fleet Services & Leases, Capital Equipment, Telecommunications, Software Licensing, Facility Maintenance, MRO, Advertising Products/Services, Energy, Office Supplies/Equip., Material Handling Equipment, E- Auctions, Real Estate, and Government Incentives for 60 global manufacturing plants and 4 support facilities.
- Responsible for assessing cost reduction opportunities, analyzing demand and supply trends, forecasting, developing negotiation strategies, establishing selection criteria, developing and evaluating RFI/RFPs, establishing KPIs, and implementing Continuous Improvement Programs.
- Lead contract negotiations, reduce corporate risk, and achieve desired total cost savings goals.
Confidential- Ft. Worth, TX
Sr. Commodity Mgr.
- Strategically source Computer Hardware and Software, IS, Peripherals, Printers, IT Maintenance Services, Help Desk Support (50 Help Desk Employees), Equipment Installations / Removals, Product Certifications, and Product Distribution for Confidential, and Sabre Reservation System customers.
- Managed 8-member team responsible for implementing IT procurement strategies, identifying potential supply sources, developing and evaluating RFQ/RFPs, negotiating contracts, monitoring supplier performance and instituting supplier corrective action programs.