- Results-oriented and hands-on professional with a successful and progressive record in diversified areas of engineering and management.
- Outstanding proficiency at planning, scheduling and implementing major capital projects, maintenance projects, property rehabilitation/renovations and assigned special projects.
- Extremely experienced with Project Management responsibilities & standards, Project Controls, GMP requirements and OSHA and EHS training.
- Develops work scope, solicits vendor bids, reviews construction drawings, supervises contractors and team members in completion of project. Manages capital expenditures and project budget.
- Exceptional communication, organizational and leadership skills.
- Solid computer skills including MS Office & Primavera.
Engineering: Designed a new component that slashed manufacturing overhead by $400,000 and
increased Profit Margins by 30%.
Installation: Creating, recruiting and directing a unique Facilities related installation team,
which decreased completion time by 35% while cutting costs by 25%.
Operational Start-Up: Developing and organizing an In-House Surveying Department, which reduced
operational costs by $150,000 per annum.
Safety: Conceived, put-in-place and instructed a Safety Training Course (based on OSHA
Practices) to educate all on-site personnel & visitors of the In-House Safety Rules
Sr. Project Manager , 2007 Confidential, Phillipsburg, NJ
- Achieved 100 % project deliverable completions on simultaneous construction projects by successfully managing, planning and organizing highly complex, key capital diversified engineering and construction projects while ensuring a quality, profitable, and timely completion.
- Successful track record through coordinating and motivating union and non-union trades, developing partnerships and building positive rapport with project teams, government & local agencies, architects, engineers, vendors & clients while maintaining costs and schedules.
- Accountable for managing all aspects of key capital engineering and construction projects including; contract negotiations, project estimating, impeding design issues, document preparation, building code regulations, safety, and project management through certificate of occupancy scope.
- Responsibilities included; planning, coordinating and monitoring all project activities, preparation and maintenance of all schedules and budgets, documentation, submittals, review and approval of change orders, invoicing, subcontracting and purchasing, cost estimating, safety reviews, design, subcontracting, construction, commissioning, start-up and client hand-off.
Construction Manager Confidential,
2004 2007 Institutional Facilities Union Township, NJ
- Manager of school facilities projects which included a simultaneous multi-million dollar seven-school construction project.
- Directed & managed a Project Team consisting of Architects, Engineers, Local Agencies, Board of Education and all-trades contractors to an early and successful completion.
- Project Close-Outs including documentation and construction punch lists were completed effectively & efficiently.
- Projects were all-trades construction, which included; abatement of HAZMAT materials, demolition of existing and installation of new building systems including piping, HVAC, architectural, mechanical & fire prevention system.
1999 2004 Confidential, NJ
- Responsible for the design and costing of engineering projects prior to approval of Capital Investment.
- Successfully designed & managed all aspects of new and modified simultaneous projects (from conception, commissioning and close-out) and led the Project Team (In-House departments, subcontractors and outside agencies) to accomplish projects ahead of schedule and under budget.
- Hands-on day-to-day experience includes; SOP’s specifications & standards upkeep, technical & safety training, liaison, problem solving, factory inspections, subcontracting, change order approval, contract negotiation, requisition & procurement, bid proposal preparation & submittal, cost engineering, create & maintain of budgets & schedules.
- Duties include; prepare PIP documentation, assure policy requirements are actively supported, i.e. the site health, safety and environmental, in addition to the site standards for PPE and GMP.
Sr. Engineer, Systems & Facilities Engineering Foster Wheeler (Wyeth-Ayerst)
1997 1999 Confidential,Pearl River, NY
- Directed all Project Operations including HAZMAT abatement, new, renovation, retrofit, demolition/removal, equipment relocation, installation and site improvement within process, laboratories, offices, manufacturing and warehouse areas in the pharmaceutical arena.
- Responsible for; project documentation, sub-contracting, scheduling, client liaison and all on-site activities.
- Accomplished workplace safety and compliance training by conceiving, developing, putting-in-place and instructing a Safety Training Course, based on OSHA Practices, to all on-site personnel & visitors, of the In-House Safety Rules and Regulations.
Sr. Engineer, Systems & Facilities Engineering Foster Wheeler (NJ Air National Guard)
1995 1997 Confidential,Fort Dix, NJ
- Successfully supervised all on-site activities and directed the Project Team, (owner, engineers, architects and contractors) to complete this new construction project which included; a three (3) story Squad Operation Building, two (2) Fuel Dock Hangars and Runways.
- Client Liaison responsibilities included; Headed the Project Progress & Daily Owner Status Meetings.
- Responsibilities included; Drawing Control, Change Orders, Budget Schedule and Log Maintenance.