- Visionary leader with demonstrated success delivering exceptional operational results through strategic target setting and focusing on execution.
- Builds and empowers high - performance teams and creates a strong collaboration with stakeholders at all management levels.
- Thinks cross-functionally applying expertise gained from large to small-sized companies in electronics, consumer, and fabrication environments. Passionately takes on new challenges and drives a culture of continuous improvement in to organizations.
- Financial Planning | Change Management | Demand Planning | Process Re-Engineering
- P&L Management | Performance Management | Leadership Development
- Business Process & Strategy Development | New Product Introduction | Continuous Improvement
Confidential, Lexington, North Carolina
- Growth: Increased plant output from 3,000 doors per day to over 8,000 in 14 months. Employee count doubled in the same time frame. Cost per door dropped over 40% utilizing new equipment installations. Cost advantaged allowed the plant to in-source 80% of third party supplier material.
- Customer Focus: Quality department had a 24 hr response rule to complaints. Internal systems were established to track defects and feed information to systems and employees. Resulted in a 44% reduction in external customer complaints.
- Zero Injury Culture: New equipment and poor LOTO training resulted in seven recordables in the first 6 months. Focus on new equipment evaluation, revised LOTO program, and a new case management approach reduced injuries to zero.
- Implemented new pay structure allow pay to increase rapidly turning the average pay from $12.00 to $13.50. This $1M investment reduced turnover from 90% to 40%.
- Created new organizational structure (without adding head count) to facilitate executing new strategic objectives. Resulted in higher inventory cycle counts, increased quality, and execution of projects.
Confidential, Cleveland, Ohio
ASSISTANT PLANT MANAGER, PRIVATE LABEL
- P & L Management: Increased plant efficiency from 74% to 92% in the first 12 months of employment. Resulted in net profit increase from -0.1% to 12%.
- Demand Planning: Evaluated product demand by product line by month. Created work new resource work centers and routings to accommodate fluctuations. Resulted in efficient schedule resulting in reduced changeovers and 99% material on-hand at 99%.
- Employee Engagement: Created a daily communication tool summarizing shift performance to goal supported by bi-weekly staff meetings. Meetings resulted in new training programs, process standardization, policy creation, and shared best practices.
- Developed 5 training programs for new employees focusing on techniques to increase machine effectiveness. Resulted in a 2% scrap reduction and $500K annual savings.
- Eliminated machine lock-outs due to part shortages by creating an A/B/C parts management cycle counting program combined with min/max re-ordering system.
Confidential, Twinsburg, Ohio
LEAN & CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT MANAGER
- Implemented new defect tracking software and escalation process. Initial software findings showed 90% of defects were caused by one component type. Project resulted in supporting plant metric to reduce RTYL by x%.
- Developed and implemented Operations Execution plan for surface mount lines. Methodology focused on start of shift activities, external changeovers, and identifying waste activities. Project resulted in a 10% gain in efficiency.
- Created a production line simulation model to test staffing levels, break times, and work methods. Project resulted in $150K savings in increased absorption. Overall equipment effectiveness increased 8% due to reduced downtime increasing production line efficiency by 11%.
- Facilitated 5 training sessions certifying 24 white belts and 16 Yellow Belts using the Rockwell Production System methodology.
Confidential, Streetsboro, Ohio
- Designed and implemented layout of 80,000 sq. ft. facility addition using value stream maps. Coordinated transfer of all production lines while maintaining 100% on-time delivery.
- Developed and executed a scheduling system to level-loaded customer orders, displayed build attainment and linked production between key departments resulting in increased inventory turns and reduced raw material on hand by $550K. Increased on-time delivery from 76% to 99.6%.
- Created operator seven training courses based on industry standards with assessments for competency. Internal quality failures dropped from 8% to 4% and scrap rate dropped from 9% to 4%.
- Developed and lead implementation of Shop Floor Management System that updated production rates, routings, optimized staffing. Within one year, 5 production lines were reconstructed from batch to one-piece flow resulting in an efficiency increase from 44% to 84% (savings of $50,000 per month).