- Seeking a Program Manager opportunity in a High Tech Environment where I can utilize my Program Management and Engineering skills to make immediate contribution to the success of the organization. Have strong attributes as: exceptional ability to build relationships; clear, consistent communication; strong analytical, data - driven and results-oriented; enthusiastic and motivated.
- Hands-on experience in Program Management, Product Development, NPI, Test Development, Contract Manufacturing, and high volume Manufacturing.
- Expertise in managing programs of Computer Storage Area (HDDs), EP-IR Analyzers, Semiconductor Equipment’s, Homeland Security Systems & Services, and Contract Manufacturing.
- Demonstrated success in leading and mentoring cross-functional teams in multi-facility environment in order to maximize level of productivity.
- Experience in interfacing with key business units including Sales Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, Sustaining, Manufacturing, and Engineering in multi-cultural global arena.
- Excellent communicator, with emphasis on building strong client relationships, presented professional presentations in board and customer meetings.
- Fast learner that rapidly adapts to emerging technologies.
- Windows 98/2000/ME/XP/Vista
- MS Project
- Agile & Oracle. Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills including strong written and verbal communication skills.
Confidential, San Jose, CA
- Manage all aspects of a new startup company including: products, sales/marketing, finance, and operations.
- Manage and establish project goals and deliverables by setting deadlines.
- Communicate overall company goals to ensure team is aware of key milestone dates.
Confidential, San Jose, CA
Product Qualification Project Manager (H/W, S/W, F/W Development)
- Conducted Concept Reviews and Design Reviews on new HDD products with OEM customers.
- Removed roadblocks and supported program updates on product technical status, and schedule changes.
- Managed risks, resolved customer concerns such as Qual test failures, FA on return drives, performance errata, white papers, sample requests, and program/technical questions for current and future products.
Confidential, Pleasanton, CA
Manufacturing Engineering Manager/Director (H/W, S/W Development)
- Managed all aspects of new programs from conception to mass production for EPIR analyzers by maintaining program schedules, planning, budget targets, and tracking resource utilization.
- Demonstrated success in building team and setting Mfg Operations from scratch in a start up environment. Coordinated and resolved product related issues with cross-functional teams by obtaining commitments, and establishing deliverables that resulted quality products to customers, on time, and within tight schedules.
- Interfaced with suppliers, CMs for new part qualifications, and readiness for volume production.
- Managed the setting and execution of ERP based on forecast, setup mfg build plans, and product shipment plans to customers.
- Resolved business and product related technical issues with customers and suppliers.
- Responsible for BOM reviews and implementation of ECOs during product development and mfg.
- Responsible for documentation of OMS, inspection, assembly checklists, crates, and shipping.
- Managed the qualification of new products and factory with compliance agencies for certifications.
Confidential, Fremont, CA/Sanmina-SCI, CA
Program Manager (H/W, S/W, F/W Development)
- Lead a cross-functional team in all aspects of new programs in Semiconductor Equipment’s (AMAT), and Homeland Security Systems (GE/INVN) from conception to mass production.
- Developed checklists, tracked issues and corrective actions during development that resulted in lower cost, higher yields, higher quality and reliability, and shortest cycle time.
- Hand’s on experience in manufacturing assembly technologies.
- Executed Supply Chain planning based on forecast and build schedules of customer product shipments.
- Managed BOM reviews and implementation of deviations and ECOs during product manufacturing.
- Responsible for coordinating NPI release activities and implementing logistics with manufacturing sites.
Confidential, Milpitas, CA
Staff Design Engineer (H/W, S/W, F/W Development) Consumer Electronics Business (CEB)
- Developed 3-Disk HDD for CEB applications by working with cross-functional development teams of Sales, Marketing, Read/Write, Head/Media, Firmware, Servo, Test Process, and Electrical Engineering.
- Analyzed failures from internal evaluations and failures from product qualifications with Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) of set top boxes. Provided detailed FA reports for root cause and follow up with corrective actions.
Senior Design Engineer, Test Process Development
- Developed, evaluated, and implemented new Test Processes for NPI Engineering/Production (EVT/PVT) builds from Conception to Mass Production.
- Tested and qualified test software, test systems, test racks, test chambers, tools, and test fixtures for manufacturing operations that guaranteed time-to-market production of HDD.
- Developed a detailed test plan by eliminating redundant tests. Measured and reduced cycle time by 30% resulting in $2 million saving in manufacturing equipment cost.
- Documented and communicated daily test status & summary: yield, issues, failures, and test progress.
- Provided technical data from test process to make decisive decision for head/media qualifications.
- Developed Test Limits document based on SPC that became a de facto standard for other programs too.
- Prepared and participated in product design reviews. Documented test process for design guide.
- Presented lessons learned from E/P builds in drive test forums, and test process methodology to customers.
Confidential, San Jose, CA
DVT Engineering Manager
- Designed and automated tests for Design Maturity and Engineering Verification Tests (DMT/EVT) to streamline the process and eliminate human errors that reduced process time by 40%.
- Worked with failure analysis group resolving HDD design issues, and drove each failure to closure for customer presentation.
- Drove Firmware issues with FVT and compatibility groups for code qualification.
- Developed QA test plans for performance, product specifications, reliability testing, MTBF predictions, and qualified new products with OEM customers.
Senior Test Process Development Engineer
- Responsible for development, evaluation, and implementation of New Test Processes for new products.
- Defined software procedures, performed process analysis techniques, implemented yield evaluation, and wrote process instructions for manufacturing operations.
- Performed Process Maturity Tests to gauge the mfg. process, and factory readiness for production.
- Successfully launched three products for volume production in Madras (India).
Confidential, Scotts Valley, CA
Process Analysis Engineer
- Developed and evaluated new test methods and made recommendations to Process Engineering Group for improvement of product yields.
- Defined and analyzed different phases of the test process for yield improvement and accuracy.
- Drove and implemented corrective actions from Process Verification Test (PVT) results.
Failure Analysis Engineer
- Worked with cross- functional teams to resolve design and development issues.
- Analyzed and documented the root cause of failures of PCBA to component level, and followed with corrective actions.