- Forward thinking Senior Capacity Planning Manager qualified as a Certified Project Management Professional (PMP), Certified Scrum Master (CSM) and Certified Product Owner (CSPO) with over 15 years of professional experience serving in key leadership & consulting roles within Global PMOs.
- Led key initiatives to create PMOs, implement/enhance Project Management software systems and serve as a forerunner to change management for challenging process changes such as Resource Management/Capacity Planning and Project / Portfolio pipeline management.
- Creative thinker with proven analytical and reporting skills from management to senior executive levels.
Enterprise project planning tools: CA Clarity PPM, MS Project Server, Open Workbench, Tenrox, Jira, Confluence, VersionOne, HP quality center (ALM), Sharepoint and Eclipse
Reporting applications: Crystal Reports, Actuate, MS Excel, MS Access, MS Office, and MS VisioMentored project coordinators and software functional analysts
Database experience: SQL Server, MS Access, Oracle
Excellent technical communicator: effective and influential leader, analytical thinker, listening and facilitating skills
Capacity Planning & Demand Management Senior Manager
- Provides leadership and guidance to individual project business sponsors and Business Regional Manager community to ensure their understanding and adherence to the GIS demand management process standards and procedures.
- Understands fully the GIS PMO technology portfolio from a resource, scope and delivery timeline that aligns with GIS commitments to the business.
- Identifies and pre - empts potential risks that may impact the optimal utilization of resources across the portfolio.
- Monitors, controls and reports the overall performance of the portfolio in support of the GIS PMO teams.
- Personal insight into personnel needs, readily identify bottlenecks, and runs scenarios on-demand to adapt to change
- Blends top-down (uses rough-order-of-magnitude sizing with very little detail to estimate resource needs) with bottoms-up (uses project planning techniques to create task-based estimates) approaches to capacity planning and resource management
- Utilizes automated tools (Tenrox / MS Excel) to optimize resource assignments
Capacity Planning & Pipeline Senior Manager
- Cross functional pro-active capacity planning and pipeline management for both human and systems/environment resources
- Review and validate capacity metrics and project schedules from all business units for all projects by portfolio within the Product & Infrastructure Engineering Roadmaps
- Manage and enforce all of the guidelines of the approved PLC (Product leadership committee) and regularly provide feedback on the accuracy of project notional schedules versus actual delivery schedules to the Portfolio Management Office
- Perform analysis to ensure there is adequate resources allocated to support the Product Roadmap by portfolio
- Review and distribute capacity reporting and status dashboards on a consistent basis used by the executive team to aid in the ability to prioritize
- Coordinate efforts with QA in reference to planning and scheduling all UAT & Beta Test Cycles
- Work with functional managers to resolve resource contention and appropriately escalate risks
Sr. Business Consultant Clarity PPM Functional Consultant/Architect
- Developed and deployed the Global Resource Management process rollout to over 10 different countries and over 20,000 RM/BM/PMO/PM users
- Developed Project Management functionality in the system to align to the Global Project Management Methodology
- Managed monthly releases that included enhancement, maintenance and defect requests for a large instance of Clarity (over 38,000 active users)
- Managed the prioritization and approval process for system change requests/enhancements
- Managed year end processes for Clarity time reporting, billing and financials
- Chaired several global workstreams including operations/system integration, timesheet governance, CMM metrics, Project Budgeting, MI Reporting and Resource Management
- Provided consulting expertise to the business on the use of Clarity, PPM best practices
Clarity PPM Functional Consultant
- Deployed Executive Level Reports for Finance and the Global Program Office
- Co-Managed the Clarity Upgrades (7.5) and Integration projects (LDAP and Finance)
- Managed the Clarity program; holding status meetings with key stakeholders and monitoring/reporting on progress of projects within the program with regards budgets, schedule and resources
- New Reports included: Program and Portfolio status reporting, dashboards and metrics, Timesheet Compliance, financial reporting, issue and risk management, change management, scorecards, estimates vs. actuals, etc.
- Served as Quality Manager for Sarbanes-Oxley approval
- Served the organization as one of the few CA Clarity subject matter experts
PMO IT Resource Planning Manager
- Managed the Capacity Planning Rollout project (system configuration, training of PMs and RMs on the tool as well as new processes, reports developed, standardized process)
- Strategized, prioritized and managed release schedule for enhancement and fixes for the CA Clarity PPM system
- Developed various reporting metrics and status reporting for upper management (pipeline planning, budgeting, financials
- Major team player in the Montefiore North Program (purchase of a small hospital)
- Staffed projects
- Planned pipeline
- Created estimates and budgets
- Presented daily status to matrixed teams
- Presented weekly status to upper management