- Experienced Project Manager with a proven track record of creating, implementing and managing IT solutions for business, compliance and operational challenges.
- Hands - on experience in all aspects of SDLC across different models such as Waterfall and Agile (Scrum).
- Proficient in identifying risk, designing mitigation strategies, and communicating across different stakeholders both orally and in written form.
- Able to lead diverse groups, clients and cultures. Strong in managing and fostering teamwork within globally dispersed Matrixed teams.
- Skilled in negotiating timely resolutions to complex issues as well as changes to scope and deliverables.
- Experienced in recruiting, training, and mentoring staff members to ensure that business value is maximized and goals are achieved.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills coupled with excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Able to manage financials (Budgets, Capacity Planning, Account Receivables, Invoicing).
- Enriched and contributed to Program Artifacts Library and “Communities of Practice” (CoP).
- COBOL II
- MS OFFICE (WORD
- MS PROJECT
- CA CLARITY
Confidential, Melville, NY
IT Project Manager
- Manage credit card processing platform for clients including major global retail and restaurant franchise. Average daily volume processed by platform is 17 million transactions for a total value of $450 million dollars.
- Manage global IT staff of 14 resources. Accountable for delivering large complex projects across multiple application teams having budgets up to $5 million dollars.
- Spearhead planning and implementation of project to migrate credit card processing platform from aged Stratus (Unix Server) to IBM Mainframe. Annual savings of roughly $2 million dollars a year were achieved. Received the center stage award from Senior Management for the successful completion of project.
- Re-engineered interchange qualification application with introduction of object-oriented programming modules. Implementation of changes resulted in annual development cost reduction of 75%.
- Coordinated and led rapid deployment team efforts to ensure successful implementation of EMV (Chip) enabled credit card processing occurred. Project went live well ahead of the aggressive timeline mandated by compliance. Implementation protected clients from financial liability from newly enforced EMV chargeback rules by the various associations (Visa/MC/Discover/Amex).
- Developed and managed platform processing improvements which reduced processing times by 30%. Enhancements allowed for elimination of over 150,000 lines of coding along with elimination of approximately 200 applications.
- Ensure goal of 100% Business Continuity to avoid Service Level Agreement fines. Drive daily IR ( Incident Reporting) calls to review production issues and determine immediate tactical solutions as well as strategic long term solutions . Recommendations have successfully reduced production issues by over 90%.
- Responsible for all communications to project sponsors and stakeholders. Generate and distribute weekly project status reports to senior management.
- Set clear expectations and goals for project teams. Track progress against timeline, milestones and budget, revise as needed.
- Designed, developed, and maintained credit card exchange rates repository . This ensured proper billing occurred for international credit cards processed by domestic merchants.
- Developed data extracts that were exported to Hadoop for Data Warehousing/Mining purposes.
- Created new mainframe online screens ( CICS) to allow Settlement Operations to process rejected transactions.
- Developed Unitec Balancing tools to ensure all settlement transactions received were processed.
- Conducted thorough peer review meetings to review all application code prior to its implementation into production.
Confidential, Hempstead, NY
Information System Specialist
- Designed, developed and maintained all graduate admissions reports including enrollment reports, enrollment budget projections, and application trend analysis.
- Redesigned the student acceptance letter generation process reducing the processing time frame from two days to less than an hour.
- Created an automated communication flow in MS Access. This flow automatically generates all communications to prospects, applicants, and accepted students. Automation of manual processing allowed Graduate Admissions to increase enrollment by 10%.
Confidential, New York City, NY
Senior Programmer Analyst
- Ensured normal business operations were restored after loss of work environment on 9/11. Recreated all stock trading settlement reports along with re processing previous days unprocessed DTC (Depository Trust Company) incoming files.
- Automated the fail to deliver exception handling of government securities. All failed securities were automatically received and delivered to the Bank Of New York.
- Created COBOL II application to charge brokerage customers transaction fees based on the newly created wealth management pricing model .
Confidential, Garden City, NY
Information System Specialist
- Member of the rapid deployment team responsible for creating Auto Portal web site. Application was highly successfully and was spun off as an independent corporation named Dealer Track.
- Created Payoff Quote functionality for the Auto Portal utilizing ASP, VBScript, Comti, and HTML.