- Competent, innovative and hands on Information Technology Project Manager in finance, and marketing industries.
- Solid ability to drive business growth, capitalize on new revenue potential, including managing all aspects of daily business operations.
- Worked 16 years as Project Manager/Scrum Master, managing small, mid and large - scale project following lifecycle methodology (Waterfall, Agile) involved in business and functional requirements, development, testing, QA, implementation, post implementation and training.
- As PM/Scum master worked closely with business and IT on a daily basis to assure the projects are being done efficiently following proper projects milestones within the allocated budgets.
- Agile Methodology in Software Development (Scrum), Adaptive and Continuous Integration
- Proven experience transforming Waterfalls to Agile/Scrum/Sprint frameworks and methodologies
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), Based Commitment Project and Management processes
- System Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Application Development Life Cycle (ADLC)
- Managed Scope, Schedule, Cost, Quality, Risk, Resources and Client communication/Interface
- Working Knowledge, Mobile Apps Web design, TFS, ITL, ETL, JAVA, JAVA Script, J2EE and JIRA
- Proven experience in Coaching and guiding the agile teams in Scrum methodology and continuous process improvement of software delivery
- Collaboration, Release Planning, Iteration Coordination and project Execution
- Project tracking, controls, communications, Risk management and project milestones
- Cross Functional Team Building, organizational leadership and Business Practice
- Experience in Agile project management best practices including risk management, cross-team interdependencies, scope definition, delivery objectives, quality standards, user needs identification and Client facilitation, discussion and conflict resolution
- Continuous Integration, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, etc.
- DevOps (Git, Jenkins, Selenium, Puppet, Tomcat, Junit and Docker)
- Agile Methodology (Scrum Sprint. Kanban and XP)
- Scrum Master
- Agile Scrum Master
- Scaling Agile
- Commitment Based Project Management (CBPM)
- Software/Application management
- Systems Managed Storage
- Database Design
- Software Design
- Managing a Technical Environment
- MS SQL DB
- JAVA Script
- Data/System Migration
- System Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Data modeling
- Business Process Modeling
- Interface design
- QA Testing
- Risk Management
- Test Plan and Cases
- Cobol programming
Agile Project Manager
- Provided Agile coaching to teams on all aspects of Agile, with a strong focus on Scrum, Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), Kanban, and other agile practices adopted by the organization. This includes working in a hands-on manner with the teams as well as in a consultant model, helping the teams embrace an agile mindset, self-organized, leverage Agile core and its ceremonies, roles, and artifacts to reach greater success
- Championed enterprise-wide agile adoption and continued improvement across the organization.
- Worked with team to transform an entire portfolio by observing, evaluating, and implementing changes to solve organizational and cultural impediments
- Served as a project manager on a cross-functional project team that includes project managers, user experience analysts, business analysts, developers and customers.
- Led and direct all members of the project team to achieve business and project objectives on the implementation and maintenance of enterprise services and applications
- Established DevOps frame work (Jira, Git, Junit and Jenkins) for continuous code delivery
- Managed development activities, diagnose business problems; able to devise product direction; able to convince parties of product need and timeline
- Built a team foundation, changed a mindset, moving team from Waterfalls to Agile framework
- Motivated teams to perform and ensure team members are collectively responsible for all aspects of the committed work (analysis, development, testing, documentation, etc.)
- Organized and facilitated SCRUM ceremonies: daily standups, user story grooming, Sprint Reviews/Demos
- Met with clients to capture detailed requirements and clarify specific requirements (Product Backlogs)
- Created and analyzed resources and structured the team based on strengths
- Established an Agile software development life cycle (SDLC) including tools, templates, and techniques
- Worked with PMO for information sharing across the program and created a check point for releases
- Prepared and completed action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change (Technologies: MySQL, C#, Informatica and Oracle0
- Established procedures and deliverable quality standards for the team so that deliverables are accurately and consistently with client expectation and priorities
- Managing client expectations by building relationships; communicating project status and open issues; preparing reports; conducting reviews and issue meetings; discovering new issues.
Program/Sr. Agile Project Manager
- Managed the successful transformation of the team from the Waterfall to the Agile/Kanban framework/ methodology. This conversion resulted in a significant improvement in cycle time
- Accomplished PIV implementation for all applications under Customer Services Portfolio (CRIS, CMIS and NCSC)
- Agile/Scrum/Kanban, Tasking Meetings/Retrospectives, Story-Based Development, Project Management
- Supported multiply Scum teams, Product owners and releases using (SAFe)
- Managed and Implemented Q-Flow (COTS) for over 87 USCIS offices
- Coordinated and managed development of a new Public Facing Website (CRIS) with the Responsive design
- Team /Customer Collaboration, Adaptive processes, team empowering, Team backlog and Roadmap
- Managed day to day project activities, daily standup, resolving impediment and Release planning
- Managed Agile/Scrum process, EPICS, Sprint/Product backlog, dependency and risk
- Served the Product Owner and Development Team in their quest to deliver outstanding software products
- Guided the scrum team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values
- Maintained and reviewed weekly Production Release, POC for call center issues/releases
- Trained and evaluated employees to enhance their performance including hiring
- Worked with PMO, COT and CTO to project vision and roadmap presentation
- Developed comprehensive project plans that merge customer requirements with company goals and coordinate various managers and technical personnel during all project phases (end-to-end) implementation.
Sr. Project/Application Development Manager
- Managed costs, schedules and quality by overseeing project deliverables. Ensured schedule and budget are met
- Selected and hired employees. Trained and evaluated employees ‘performances, developments, and work products Addressed performance issues and made recommendations for personnel actions.
- Planed tasks, assigned resources to the task, monitored and tracked progress and delivered the project per prescribed standards within the specified schedule and budget
- Managed client expectations and balanced the needs of Confidential and the client to ensure satisfaction for both
- Performed test case analysis, regression testing and compared test cases with business rules
- Coordinated project activities with other project managers, as needed.
Confidential, Fredrick, Maryland
Project /Program Manager
- Cross-functional participation in all the Project Management Life Cycle and using CMMI principles
- Promoted and evaluated a new business practice and Risk management for the CITI International units.
- Performed an initial risk assessment of information systems and general business practices related to the confidential Systems data to determine the level of risk that the agency was exposed and made recommendations for any deficiencies. The results of this assessment helped in prioritizing the development and implementation of controls and risk mitigation
Project Management/Information Security
- Managed Information Security Infrastructure projects through SDLC and testing using the RUP’s Iterative
- Developed information security and data privacy strategy and technology roadmaps.
- Managed and Implemented Single Sign on (SSO) process.
- Managed Business impact analysis, risk management, risk mitigation.
- Provided Cost/benefit analysis, budget preparation and business case justification
- Worked and Supported re-statement project activities
Confidential, Ashburn, VA
Senior Technical Project Manager
- Planned and implemented multi-million-dollar projects/software to support MCI 1010 dial-around products, full System Development life cycle (SDLC/RUP), software QA testing using “.NET” technology.
- Managed product implementation through RUP process including financial/ business modeling, interface design, Scope, requirements, negotiation, budget tracking, and cost analysis and staffing.
- Worked closely with the lead architects, customers and analysts to develop assessments and project phasing following SDLC for the MCI Major projects.
- Platforms: TSO, JCL, MVS/ESA, OS/MVS, Windows
- Relational DBs: ORACLE, SQL/DS, DB2, IMS and, SQL-Server
- Agile development, Scaling Agile, Agile process management (Sprint, Scrum, Kanban and XP)
- Applications/Reporting Tools: Microsoft Office Tools/Suite, MS Project (Server), CMMI and EVPM
- Processes: Application Development, Systems Integration, System/Server/Database Migration, et