Senior-level manager with over 15 years of information technology and security program development, management, and service continuity skills ensuring organizational resilience. Strong leadership, ability to develop teams, and integrate operational readiness with information technology, organizational assurance, and risk management. Board certified in protection, disaster recovery, and business continuity programs. Core competencies include:
- Disaster Recovery
- Program Management
- Business Continuity
- Incident and Crisis Response
- Security Implementation
- Business Impact Analysis
Top Secret SBPR adjudicated by Department of Defense (2009)
Department of Homeland Security Suitability and Entry on Duty (2010)
Full BI adjudicated by the US Customs and Border Protection, DHS (2008)
B.S. Management/Computer Information Systems
Certified Protection Professional (CPP); ASIS 2009.
Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP); DRII 2005.
Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) v3 Foundations; 2009.
Member Business Continuity Institute (MBCI); BCI 2011.
Anti-terrorism Level II Certified; Department of Defense 2011.
2011-2012Senior Program Manager-Confidential,Woodbridge, VA Program Manager for an 11-member team providing disaster recovery, business continuity, antiterrorism, and security activities. .
- Program oversight in disaster recovery requirements to safeguard various levels of information and data and developed security training and awareness.
- Coordinated the business continuity efforts to develop and maintain plans; designed and facilitated exercises across multiple directorates.
- Managed the design and conduct of Threat, Vulnerability, and Criticality Assessments, and developed implementation plan for a Business Impact Analysis.
- Documented and implemented day-to-day security measures to process various access control processes.
2010-2011Senior Continuity Planner Confidential,Reston, VA Team Lead supporting service continuity and disaster recovery planning for the migration and modernization of data centers for Homeland Security.
- Conducted enterprise discovery; assessed current capabilities; created backup, restoration, and recovery solutions; and designed enterprise level recovery exercises.
- Designed, and wrote enterprise level disaster recovery plan documenting notifications processes; incident management; and restoration and recovery activities and procedures.
- Designed and documented current and future infrastructure and validates disaster recovery solutions across multiple platforms data center consolidation requirements.
- Coordinates with the customers for the risk and service continuity management supporting mission critical infrastructure and networks across geographically dispersed data centers.
2008-2010Senior Project Manager Confidential,Washington, DC Program Manager for a 13-member team supporting physical security, information systems security, business continuity, disaster recovery, and emergency preparedness.
- Designed and implemented a project management schedule, provided human resources support, interviewed and hired team, and wrote performance reviews.
- Designed and conducted Business Impact Analysis and implemented a disaster recovery testing life-cycle program to support the restoration and recovery of over 100 critical systems.
- Proactively implemented project management processes to meet schedules and deliverables within funding and increased revenue over 23% during a 2 ½-year period.
2005-2007US Government - Confidential, Washington, DC
Supervised a geographically dispersed staff in Business Continuity activities for the over 80 Divisions. Interacted and coordinated on a daily basis with executive management and other Federal, State, and local governments and law enforcement officials.
- Conducted after action reviews and wrote policies in response to hurricanes in the Gulf Coast Region during 2005; which were approved and signed by the FBI’s Deputy Director.
- Developed and implemented a Business Continuity Training Program for field offices and conducted training across the country to provide awareness and readiness for employees.
- Represented the FBI for numerous Special Access Programs to the White House and Intelligence Community and led national level exercises planning and coordination.
- Mission Assurance Program Manager and staff advisor in the development of survivable command and control systems, information technology risk, communications, and disaster recovery capabilities for the Director of National Intelligence. Most activities were classified.
2004-2005Senior Analyst - Confidential, Arlington, VA.
Senior Analyst contracted to the Department of Defense for developing and integrating critical infrastructure protection strategic documents and providing technical, programmatic, and policy support to the Joint Staff. Conducted threat analysis, and coordinated critical infrastructure planning for the Defense Program Office for Mission Assurance.
American Society of Industrial Security (ASIS)
Disaster Recovery Institute, International (DRII)
Business Continuity Institute (BCI)
Member of the ASIS International Crisis Management and Business Continuity Committee