Project Manager Product Lifecycle Management Large Global Deployments
Project Manager with extensive experience in the IT industry, developing and supporting General Motors’ Computer Aided Design (CAD) and Product Lifecycle Management systems in a global environment. Operate successfully in a Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) Level 4 organization. Roles include various leadership positions and software development, installation and configuration. Proven ability to quickly adapt to complex situations and environments. Work effectively in a global environment with different countries and cultures.
CORE COMPETENCIESProject Management CMMI Level 4 Experience Resource Management CAD Visualization Microsoft SharePoint Communication Skills Customer Relations Commitment to Quality Extensive IT Experience
Confidential, Plano, TX 1995-2009
project manager - CAD Visualization and CAE Development (2006-2009)GM Technical Center, Warren, MI
Manage global projects with contract values up to $500K for software development and Commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) deployments. Track project execution and provide status of project to EDS and GM management; manage issues and risks. Collect and report metrics to Project Model Office; analyze and take corrective action. Adhere to GM’s Software Development Process and EDS’s Global Applications Delivery Quality Management System CMMI Level 4 process. Projects consistently delivered on time and within budget.
- Led successful migration of 50+ Microsoft QuickPlace Collaboration sites to Microsoft SharePoint under a tightly compressed schedule. Facilitated close team and customer communications that mitigated potential data and training issues, resulting in smooth transition and completion on schedule.
- Recognized ability to develop strong rapport with customer project managers. Superior relations increased customer satisfaction as evidenced by extremely positive customer feedback.
- Led multi-vendor projects for successful global deployment of COTS visualization and rendering packages on time and under budget. Replaced obsolete legacy visualization and rendering packages with state of the art COTS products that improved productivity by 30%.
- Thoroughly documented project requirements to develop and implement a global database for GM’s Computer Aided Engineering heating and cooling system simulation packages. Requirements drove development of new database and interface to allow a more secure and simple sharing of tools and simulations.
- Developed technical estimates for proposed contracts and prepared GM Information Technology Service Request responses for contract scope pricing and customer acceptance. Led to signing of contracts valued up to $500K.
- Demonstrated flexibility and agility that allowed movement from one project to another with a fast learning curve.
operationS support - Confidential (1999-2006)
Confidential, Pontiac, MI
Responsible for wide range of support tasks for the customer’s use of the Unigraphics TeamCenter Engineering package. Software installation and configuration, system administration duties, onsite customer interaction and interaction with global support teams for data sharing issue resolution.
- Assisted in onsite training and support at client sites in Mexico and France, which increased customer satisfaction with new software.
- Developed C++ modules and scripts to automate the migration and part file data conversion from GM Opel’s legacy CAD system to General Motors/Information Manager. Efforts resulted in smooth transition while preserving data integrity, as evidenced by no high severity error reports.
- Built customer satisfaction and increased trust while working directly onsite with the GM Powertrain customer to resolve data and product issues.
- Resolved GM global data sharing issues while working with global support teams and customers. Main contact for GM Powertrain; customer and global team preferred expert for issue resolution.
project leader - Confidential (1995-1998)
Confidential, Troy, MI
Team Leader for various Corporate Graphics System (CGS) projects, including development, maintenance, performance, testing. Project Lead for the design and development of EDS Unigraphics User Functions, incorporating key CGS functionality into Unigraphics. Set team objectives, assign tasks, and conduct performance appraisals. Flexibility and agility allowed the organization to successfully use me in multiple roles and areas throughout the department.
Bachelor of Science Degree, Computer Science
- Dale Carnegie Course
- Project Leadership
- IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
- Capability Maturity Model
Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, SharePoint, Borland StarTeam, Borland CaliberRM, PreSage, TeamCenter Engineering, C++, PL/I
ITIL Foundation - IT Service Management (2007)
Currently pursuing Project Management Professional Certification