- Overall 9+ years in various DWH tools and techniques.
- Focus is to coordinate the initiation, development, and implementation of computerized business systems as a Technical Specialist with 6 years of experience on Abinitio.
ETL: Abinito GDE 126.96.36.199, Co>Op 3.0.5, Datastage
Reporting: Cognos, OBIEE
Job scheduling & monitoring: JRS, TWS, $U, Autosys
Databases: SQL, Oracle, Teradata, MySQL, TOAD
Big Data Technologies: Hadoop, MapReduce, HDFS
Methodologies: Agile, UML
Other: Tableau, JIRA, TELLO UNIX, HTML, Visio, MS Excel
Project Lead/ Lead Abinitio Developer
Confidential, Chicago, Illinois
- Collaborate with stakeholders/support groups and users to expedite incident resolution as well as change plans. Coordinated meetings to gather status/requirements and develop standardized documentation, verification, sign off and freeze requirements to build estimation and user acceptance testing completion with the stakeholders/business user
- Lead a team of Ab - initio ETL developers and ensured quality delivery of requirements to the stakeholders.
- Collaborate with other tech leads and support teams to ensure integrated end-to-end availability, reliability, and performance. Met with business/user groups to understand the requirement for new Data Lake Project.
- Work on multiple project tasks in support of the requirements, solution design, implementation, and maintenance of analytic solutions supporting end-to- end analysis development, management, and delivery.
- Facilitate converting business requirement elicitation and transmuting them into technical specifications.
- Report to both business and technology leaders to provide status updates on the critical milestones of the project and generated project measurement reporting for management and stakeholders.
- Responsible for delivering the integrated project plan, resource plan, contingency plan, and other related project management artifacts.
- Facilitate application assessment, crosswalk & GAP analysis sessions.
- Work with team members to solve problems and deliver high-quality results in a fast-paced, collaborative environment that's geographically decentralized.
- Work closely with the data modelling team to ensure the proper mapping of data to the correct tables and assist in promoting data to various environment
- Experienced in analyzing the complexity of the existing application and providing estimates (currently working with the business analysis team in migrating the logics built in Abinitio be replicated into Informatica + Hadoop.
- Worked in Agile Iterative sessions to create Hadoop Data Lake for the client.
- Defined the reference architecture for Big Data Hadoop to maintain structured and unstructured data within the enterprise.
- Lead the efforts to develop and deliver the data architecture plan and data models for the multiple data warehouses and data marts attached to the Data Lake Project.
- Lead the efforts to define the enterprise-wide conformed model, identifying/defining key data elements and standard definitions.
- Developed the process required to gain optimal performance and usage from the integration of the Ab Initio Metadata repository.
- Involved in the ETL design for Load & Distribution process on Hadoop Data Lake.
- Involved in Hadoop Cluster capacity planning, performance tuning, cluster monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Collaborted with infrastructure, network, database application and BI teams to ensure data quality and availability.
- Managed and reviewed Hadoop log files.
- Helped ETL team to develop complex Ab-Initio graphs using Ab-Initio Parallelism techniques, Data Parallelism and MFS Techniques with the Conditional Components and Conditional DML for the data load from Legacy System to new Target System.
- Reviewed data mapping, design documents, Informatica & Ab Initio code, Unit Test Cases.
- Prepared Proof of Concept for text analytics using Big Data.
Environment: Ab Initio (GDE 188.8.131.52, Co>Op 3.0.5), BRE, Metadata Hub, Cognos 10.2 BI, Hive, Hbase, Mapreduce, Teradata 14, PL/SQL, TOAD, UNIX, Autosys, Pl/Sql, Oracle 11g
Confidential, Northbrook, IllinoisTechnical Specialist/Lead Abinitio Developer
- Defined management and customer requirements and produced project plans.
- Experience in integration of various data sources with databases like Oracle and worked on integrating data from flat files.
- Strong knowledge of Data Warehousing concepts and Dimensional modeling like Star Schema and Snowflake Schema
- Lead a team of Ab-initio ETL developers (associates and consultants) and ensured quality delivery of requirements to the stakeholders/business user.
- Developed AbInitio generic graphs based on business requirements using various Ab Initio Components such as Partition by Key, Partition by round robin, reformat, rollup, join, scan, normalize, gather, merge etc.
- Responsible for scheduling project deliverables, goals and milestone and experience in cost management, time management, risk management, and integration management.
- Collaborated with stakeholders/support groups and users to expedite incident resolution as well as change plans. Coordinated meetings to gather status/requirements and develop standardized documentation, verification, sign off and freeze requirements to build estimation and UAT completion with the stakeholders/business user.
- Collaborated with other tech leads and support teams to ensure integrated end-to-end availability, reliability, and performance.
- Responsible for converting business requirement elicitation and transmuting them into technical specifications.
- Reported to both business and technology leaders to provide status updates on the critical milestones of the project and generated project measurement reporting for management and stakeholders.
- Responsible to follow-up and define release process and to ensure quality delivery to business user.
- Responsible for publishing periodic project status reports and regularly review the progress with management, customers, and key stakeholders.
- Developed statement of work, integrated project plan, resource plan, contingency plan, and other related project management artifacts.
- Handled and worked on DW/BI project designed using Ab Initio, Plan>IT and Unix shell scripts
- Member of the technical recruitment team responsible for identifying top talent in the market.
Environment: Ab Initio (GDE 184.108.40.206, Co>Op 3.0.5), Datastage, SQL, UNIX, Job Scheduling Tool (JRS) & Monitoring ($U), Toad, Tivoli (Monitoring Tool) Mainframes & HP-UX, Plan>It
- Experienced in analysis, process modeling, program management and solution development.
- Experienced in waterfall methodology and agile methodology wrote user stories based on the requirements gathered from all the stakeholders.
- Experienced in analyzing the complexity of the existing application and providing estimates while migrating to new applications. (Worked with the business analysis team in migrating the logics built in Abinitio be replicated into Informatica + Hadoop.
- Organized and facilitated Agile and Scrum meetings, which included sprint planning, daily scrums or standups, sprint check-in, sprint review & retrospective.
- Operated in 3-week sprints with flexibility on length based on immediate functionality concerns.
- Ensured application availability and data integrity through preventative maintenance and upgrades.
- Analyzed & supported the existing system to provide inputs to estimate new request change.
- Automated routine maintenance tasks and common issues.
- Extensive usage of the multifile system where data is partitioned into four/eight partitions for parallel processing.
- Managed support activities and requests through CITI global change management for setting up connectivity.
- Scheduled & monitored jobs in operation console.
- Collaborated with other team tech leads and support teams to ensure integrated end-to-end availability, reliability, and performance
- Responsible for providing overall day-to-day input/support for dwh developers in their work efforts. Guided the dwh developers in solutions needed to efficiently complete the tasks.
- Worked with Citi business users and customers to implement global business processes for all 60 countries in APAC, EMEA and LATAM regions
Environment: Ab Initio 220.127.116.11, Enterprise Meta>Environment 3.0, GDE 3.0. Ab Initio Operations Console 3.1.1, Oracle 9i PowerPoint, Excel
Confidential, Jersey City, New Jersey
Senior Systems Engineer
- Experienced in developing generic graphs and creating detail data flows with source and target mappings and convert data requirements into low level design templates.
- Developed generic graphs to serve the instant requests from the business.
- Worked in parallelized Ab initio environment to process 1+Tera bytes of data daily.
- Developed graphs using various Ab Initio components such as Join, Rollup, Lookup, Partition by Key, Round Robin, Gather, Merge, Dedup sorted, Scan and Validate
- Worked on all the Ab Initio components and well versed with various Ab Initio Transform, Partition, Departition, Dataset and Database components, application tuning, and debugging strategies.
- Used Toad to verify the counts and results of the graphs.
- Involved in System Integration testing of the project.
- Wrote several Shell scripts, to remove old files and move raw logs to the archives.
- Tuned Ab Initio graphs for better performance.
- Processed and Transformed delta feeds loaded from the external systems on daily basis.
- Developed dynamic graphs to load data from data sources into tables and to parse records.
- Responsible to handle incident resolution and production system deployments while ensuring SLAs are met.
Environment: Ab Initio (Co>Operating System 3.0, GDE 3.0), Oracle 10g, Flat files, Toad and Service-Now
- Developed dynamic graphs to load data from data sources into tables and to parse records.
- Worked with project team in optimizing and tuning of SQL statements, used phases/checkpoints to avoid deadlocks to improve the efficiency.
- Gathered the knowledge of existing operational sources for future enhancements and performed optimization of graphs.
- Extensively involved in Ab Initio graph design, development and performance tuning.
- Performed root cause analysis for user requests.
- Parameterized plans and graphs to process data as per the business inputs & customized the existing graphs as per the updated design documents.
- Performed QA activities on data warehouse structure and prepared unit test cases and system integration test plans.
- Responsible to handle end to end release activities, UAT support and participated in change management procedures by checking in the changed code in PVCS and Ab Initio EME.
- Developed a utility to check the existences of trigger files in the file landing zone & streamlined the process to consolidate data received from different external systems into the repository.
- Developed Ab Initio graphs to build business rules to extract data from oracle, mainframe, and flat file to validate, transform and load data to oracle database or flat file.
- Verified and validated the historical data loaded into the application through operational jobs and managed incidents.
- Prepare RTM (requirements traceability matrix) document and performed regression testing.
- Analyzed structured, unstructured data and created reports.
Environment: Ab Initio (Co>Operating System 3.0, GDE 3.0), Cognos 8, Oracle 10g, Flat files, Toad and Service-Now
- Gathered business requirements, interacted with the users, designers and developers, project manager and sme’s to get a better understanding of the business processes.
- Conducted JAD sessions periodically with various stakeholders at various phases of the software development life cycle (SDLC) to discuss open issues and resolve them.
- Organized requirements into high level use cases and low level use cases specifications and modeled them into UC, activity and sequence diagrams using rational rose.
- Created use case specifications, business flow diagrams, activity/state diagram and sequence diagram using MS Visio.
- Performed GAP analysis for the modules in production and conducted feasibility study for the performance impact analysis.
- Responsible for providing documentation to team for troubleshooting and resolving issues reported by system users, facilitating resolutions.
- Created requirements vs. test case matrix in excel spread sheet template used test director to store and maintain the test repository.
- Used the unified change management (UCM) tool, rational clear quest, to maintain and track the stakeholder’s requests, enhancements and changes.
- Conducted user acceptance testing (UAT) and collaborated with the QA team to develop the test plans, test scenarios, test cases, test data to be used in testing based on business requirements, technical specifications and/or product knowledge.