Certified Project Management Professional and Scrum Master with 7+ years’ experience leading highly visible initiatives to successful completion. Skilled at managing a multitude of moderate to complex projects (Waterfall/Iterative/Agile) concurrently with project teams that scale to 25+ resources in dynamic and fast - paced cross-functional environments. Very effective at rescuing troubled projects by aligning the proper resources and utilizing root cause analysis to resolve issues in ambiguous working environments.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- Distributed Virtual & Global Project Teams
- Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Resource Management
- Infrastructure Change Management
- Project Scheduling & Facilitation
- Business Process Improvement
- IT Program & IT Project Management
- Scrum & Agile Project Management
- Requirements Gathering
- Conflict Management
- BMC Remedy
- Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Clarity PPM
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Visio
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Project
- Microsoft Visio
Confidential, San Antonio, TX
Agile Project Manager
- Led a Product Improvement Kanban/Scrum initiative that enabled an agile team (offshore/onshore) to continuously improve (enhancements/performance upgrades/bug fixes) the user experience for the key ERP (Financial Force/Lawson), CRM (Salesforce/Microsoft Dynamics) and Web Portal (SharePoint/OpenAir/ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus) applications through monthly release management cycles.
- Coordinated Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery overhaul project to reduce the downtime experienced from past IT outages that have led to business interruptions. Reduced recovery time ability from 48 hours down to 4 hours by implementing Send Word Now Emergency Notification Tool, Quarterly Readiness Review Process, implementing additional offsite backups and updating BC/DR process documentation.
- Managed a Microsoft Office 365 and SharePoint 2016 migration from on-premise to cloud environment for over 4,000 users that led to over $100,000 in yearly savings for Confidential .
- Spearheaded backlog management overhaul that reduced a backlog that had accumulated over three years from about 900 items to about 150 items (83% reduction) in less than 60 days.
Confidential, San Antonio, TX
IT Project Manager
- Managed an Asset and Inventory Management (AiM) Capital Planning and Project Management Module Implementation that led to a 75% decrease in the time it took Facilities Management/Accounting personnel to process financial and compliance information for construction project work orders.
- Led the implementation of a Commercial of the Shelf Environmental Health & Safety Assistant module that reduced the annual maintenance costs associated with using the past solution by $36,000+ a year and reduced the input time for processing safety applications for chemical, biological, radiation, radioactive, and clinical researchers by 50%.
- Directed the implementation for an Oracle Taleo Performance Management Cloud System (HCM/HRIS/SaaS) to replace previous paper-based annual performance evaluations for Human Resources that led to strengthened compliance and strategic alignment to the UT System Chancellor’s Framework for 3500+ Confidential employees.
- Developed PMO process flow diagrams and project artifact templates that were successfully leveraged to train new Project Management resources.
Confidential, Portsmouth, NH
IT Project Manager/Scrum Master
- Coordinated Confidential migrations and Confidential optimization implementations across three Data Centers leading to $4 million in cost savings.
- Managed Data Domain Integration projects that combined domains for domestic and international (LATAM/EMEA/APAC) groups resulting in a $1.2 million cost avoidance.
- Led 40% (3,600+) of Core LAN Switch Migration Flagship projects including over 9,000 Windows, AIX, Linux, Solaris, ESX, Data power, Remote Insight Board ( Confidential ) and Hardware Management Console ( Confidential ) devices across 2 Data Centers satisfying a major Lifecycle Management strategic objective for Midrange Hosting Services.
- Led expedited Oracle & SQL server decommissioning project that saved $228,000 in licensing, support and energy costs.
- Facilitated 54 sprints (2 week) sprint sessions (daily scrum/sprint planning/sprint review/sprint retrospective), updated information radiators (burndown charts/task board) as well as maintained a healthy product backlog for a web-based Platform Delivery/Decommission tool project as a Scrum Master.
- Led Asset Management Consolidation initiative for scattered enterprise data sources that reduced the time it took to process data for all Lifecycle Management projects and asset management database queries by 50%.
- Developed process flows that allowed the Project Management Organization (PMO) to clearly communicate its standards for lifecycle management changes with other departments effectively.
Confidential, Rochester, NY
- Developed an internal Talent Management program which resulted in a 50% faster processing time for job opportunity evaluations.
- Provided technical writing and administrative support that decreased the time it took for Remote Support Engineers to troubleshoot incidents by 20%.
Confidential, Fort Washington, PA
- Developed and managed KPI dashboards using SharePoint that centralized data metrics for the Confidential Division.
- Trained entry-level staff to administer analytical reports for multiple divisions.
- Extensively upgraded daily reports and training processes that reduced preparation time by 33%.