SUMMARY: Responsible, detail oriented individual seeking a full-time challenging project management position. Extensive background in managing business computer applications, application development and business and systems analysis. A knowledgeable IT person who is very experienced with the full software development lifecycle, project management, budgeting, project communication and scheduling. Thoroughly familiar with PowerPoint, Visio, Excel, Word and Project. Have managed and led all project planning activities such as scope definition, stakeholder management and project reporting for all management levels of an organization. Experienced in leading large scale enterprise projects.
November, 2009 to Current
- Responsible for all IT server and pc support for school including pc configuration, troubleshooting and application installation and troubleshooting.
- Vendor contact for all IT related goods and services including email, software and hardware.
- Managed data conversion from existing student management system to new web based COTS package for administration.
- Assisted Finance department and Admissions as needed depending on workload.
Project Leader, Confidential,Orlando, FL
May, 2006 to December, 2008
- Responsible for developing and implementing IT projects on time, within scope and on budget.
- Managed and coordinated both technical and business project teams consisting of full time employees, contractors and vendors.
- Developed project schedules using MS Project (client and enterprise server versions). Used project milestones to identify critical project deliverable dates and used predecessors and successors to identify project next steps and for critical path analysis and dependencies.
- Created project budgets and schedules and managed the projects accordingly to ensure projects stayed on or ahead of schedule and within budget guidelines.
- Participated and led ongoing project meetings with the project sponsor, stakeholders and project team members including senior management.
- Maintained all project related documentation and followed and enforced IT process standards throughout the full project lifecycle from initiation through project closing.
- Managed external vendors that provided software and hardware in support of project objectives.
- Managed application development projects through entire software development lifecycle from requirements gathering through post implementation phases utilizing internal technical resources, contractors and vendors.
Project Manager, Confidential,FL
July, 1998 to May, 2006
- Developed, reviewed, documented and communicated all technical and business project requirements to both technical application development staff and supported business areas.
- Built project schedules using MS Project and used Gantt charts and reports for project tracking and analysis. Also used MS Project for resource loading of project schedules with technical and business personnel assigned to the project.
- Participated in metrics development for measurement of specific process improvements related to business and technical areas.
- Responsible for documenting and executing project and testing plans and ensuring that all project work performed conforms to and meets all corporate standards, policies and processes.
- Developed test scenarios and test cases in support of software testing.
- Directed technical staff as well as coordinated business personnel from internal business operations areas to ensure projects are delivered on-time, on-budget, and delivers full functionality.
- Worked closely with business channels to develop solutions for business issues and develop business requirements for projects in support of new business initiatives.
- Managed application development projects through entire software development lifecycle from requirements gathering through post implementation phases utilizing programming or other technical resources from one or multiple development teams in a matrix style organization.
Project Manager, Confidential,NY
June, 1991 to July, 1998
- Responsible for maintenance and development work on a large mainframe based sales and sales support database.
- Functionality supported involved customer account setup, order entry and order tracking, inventory and shipping order tracking and invoicing to customers.
- Performed analysis and programming in addition to managing a staff of six.
- Worked closely with business groups to anticipate problems, develop requirements for new projects and work efforts, and functioned as their point of contact with the IT organization.
- Participated in the setup and installation of a client/server UNIX based 3rd party commercial package running on an Oracle database for the support of Canon’s retail service division.
- Developed application development project schedules using MS Project. Used MS Project for project tracking and resource assignments.
Senior Systems Analyst, Confidential,NY
Feb., 1988 to June, 1991
- Supervised analysts/programmers in providing programming, analysis, development and system design work in support of a large pensions record keeping system for 401K plans and other savings plans.
- Worked with end users and technical staff to resolve problems, organize work and determine schedules, priorities, and target dates for assignments.
- Coordinated customer data conversions for use by Metropolitan’s internal computer systems.
EDUCATION: Major in English, Minor in Business Administration