PROFESSIONAL SKILLS & EDUCATION
- PMP Certified by PMI (Project Management Institute). PMP #282357
- 15+ years experience in managing & coordinating projects, budgets up to 200M+. Expert in Service Delivery.
- 18+ years experience in telecommunications industry, responsibilities ranging from tech-desk management and engineering to program, vendor& supply chain management.
- 8+ years experience in direct client engagement/consulting. Responsible for RFI/RFP responses
- Initiated and spearheaded PMP Certification training. Led a study group that achieved 100% PMP Certification. Developed and created Project Management Templates/Processes for project teams
- Currently enrolled in Southern Polytechnic State University’s Six Sigma Black Belt Certification Program
- BS, Information Technology, American Intercontinental University, expected completion July 2011
- · ICOMS · CSG · VoIP · SAP · MS Office · MS Project · VISIO · CISCO Router Configuration · SharePoint · QuickBooks · MS Publisher · MS Outlook · MS PowerPoint · MS Access
Confidential, March 2009 – December 2009
(A global communications technology company specializing in the design and engineering of broadband networks, and a leading developer, manufacturer and supplier of cable telephony, video and high-speed data equipment.)
Project Manager – Engagement Manager for software/application deployment of WorkAssure® (a workforce management application) for Time Warner Cable & Charter Communications at multiple US locations. In partnership with engineering teams (on shore & off shore), responsible for driving each project to success, ensuring delivery on-schedule, to scope, and within budget. Manage project budgets up to 500K.
Responsible for all phases of software implementation from configuration to development, testing, training, and go-live support.
- Time Warner Cable, Los Angeles 4+ months – SDLC Deployment - Converted customer from existing Work Force Management (WFM) system to WorkAssure®
- Time Warner Cable, Kansas City 4+ months- SDLC deployment - Converted customer from paper based system to WorkAssure®
- Charter Communications, Madison, WI 2+ months – SDLC Deployment - Converted customer from ICOMS billing system to CSG billing system
- Charter Communications, Michigan 2+ months – SDLC Deployment - Converted customer from ICOMS billing system to CSG billing system
- Charter Communications, St Louis, MO 2+ months – SDLC Deployment - Converted customer from ICOMS billing system to CSG billing system
Confidential,Alpharetta, GA September 2000 – December 2007
(A trusted partner of service providers, enterprises and governments worldwide, providing solutions to deliver voice, data and video communication services to end-users.)
Program Manager – Responsible for a team of project managers with direct client engagement of multiple accounts. Support Sales Account Executive in pre sales project/program design and scoping development. Manage project budgets ranging from 500K to 200M+
- SAP R/3 Conversion – Lead PM for SAP conversion project. Migrated multiple legacy systems onto a single SAP platform. Lead cross-functional teams on large scale supply chain technology. Responsible for all phases of SAP implementation from configuration to development, testing, training, and go-live support. Worked with Engineering, Installation, Order Management & Asset Management to provide a seamless quote-to-cash application. Project Duration – 19+ months and ongoing support
- Central Office Upgrades - Program Manager for SFL, SC, KY, GA AT&T (formerly BellSouth) central office upgrades. Managed growth to COs included switch upgrades (1A to 5E), equipment/card upgrades, NPA changes, software upgrades, etc. Provisioned telecom equipment. Coordinated with both internal and external customers to achieve 98% on time completion rate. Reduced average number of rescheduled projects by 50% Project Duration – ongoing
- BellSouth VoIP - Project Lead responsible for the VoIP conversion of FL state offices for BellSouth
Project Duration – 24+ months
- BellSouth Change Notice (CN) - Project Lead responsible for the swap out of over 8000+ hardware components in the BellSouth Network. Tracked and managed movement and inventory via SAP. Project Duration – 24+ months
- Sarbanes Oxley – Lead PM for the Sarbanes Oxley compliance. Trained PMO on necessary procedural changes to ensure company compliance of SOX 404 regulations & requirements. Achieved 100% compliance.
Atlanta, GeorgiaSITA/EQUANT, Atlanta, GA & Dallas, TX 1992 – September 2000 (A provider of global information and telecommunication solutions for the air transport industry.) Regional Project Manager – Directly responsible for regional projects throughout North American Region
- Caribbean WAN Upgrade – Upgraded Caribbean WAN from analog to digital. Project had been stagnant for nearly 12 months. Successfully jump-started and completed project. LNO realized a 9% savings on the budget. Project Duration – 7 months
- Engineering Change Notices (ECNs) – Responsible for managing engineering changes/upgrades to the WAN network including installation and implementation of telecommunications POP equipment such as NorTel switches, CISCO routers and paradyne telecom equipment.
- SABRE WAN Conversion - Managed conversion of SABRE’s wide area network (WAN) from X.25 to Frame Relay. SABRE is the WAN for American Airlines. Project involved every American Airline airport location. Project Duration – 4+ months
- Desk Top Upgrades - Managed desktop upgrade project. Project involved 1000s of PC upgrades and installation. Project Duration – 9+ months
- Developed and created Project Management Templates for project team. Authored and published process procedures for technical deployments.
Confidential,Network Operations, Miami, FL 1985 – 1992
(An information technology services company.)
- Second & Third tier level support for WAN trouble calls
- Troubleshoot problems with multiple protocols and standards such as SDLC, X.25, X.28, ALC, TCP/IP, Frame Relay, ISDN
- Solved a range of problems; served as liaison with application vendors on problem resolution, application changes, and new functionality implementation
- Developed and conducted regular data integrity audits
- Real-time monitoring of WAN performance