Senior level print production manager with strong technical and problem-solving skills. Personal focus on customer service to consistently deliver quality projects on time and under budget. Expert account manager; able to manage multiple, complex projects simultaneously. Managing complete production cycle: writing RFP's, estimating costs, selecting and managing vendors, purchasing, quality control, managing logistics and invoicing. Responsible for overall quality, deadlines and accuracy of budgets of agency accounts, as well as those of direct reports. Thorough knowledge of office programs and excellent communication skills.
Senior Project Manager, Confidential,2011 - 2012
Privately owned and operated since 1994, Imtech Graphics offers a total graphics reproduction solution. They have the unique ability to handle clients of any size and provide personalized service that focuses on the details of every job.
- Interacted with clients and sales team to help obtain their goals by providing guidance, education and trouble shooting unforeseen issues that may occur to eliminate costly errors.
- Took ownership and worked closely with art directors and print buyers to maintain design within budget, coordinating all elements of production work: writing print specifications, personalization and letter shop instructions, attending press checks, purchasing, negotiating prices, issuing purchase orders and reconciling all invoices.
- Multi-disciplined knowledge base of all print mediums (offset sheet-fed, web, digital & screen print)
- prepress (retouching, color correction, ad prep), direct marketing (postal regulations, letter-shop, fulfillment), promotional products & events coordination, custom displays, POP, outdoor/indoor signage.
- Handled all house accounts, including Estee Lauder, Mac Cosmetics and Bobbi Brown, with heavy client contact totaling $6MM annually.
Confidential, 2010 - 2011
One Source is a one stop shop for all visual marketing challenges. Services include commercial offset, digital printing, display work, print advertising, branding, catalogs, interactive and promotional items.
- Worked in conjunction with Clients and Sales staff to ensure their projects are delivered on time and to customer specification.
- Worked with Factory Department Managers to schedule work to ensure maximum efficiency of each project.
- Acted as client's internal representative to ensure quality standards are met,
- Personally handled print production for large volume, high end accounts including Hugo Boss, Ann Taylor and Johnson & Johnson.
Print Production Manager, Confidential, 2003 - 2010
Print advertising agency specializing in high quality commercial and retail printing including graphic design, pre-press, sheet fed, web and outdoor printing.
- Managed a print production department of six people.
- Secured bids, estimated costs, supervised production of printed material and shipping to their final destination.
- Documented all live jobs from inception through delivery.
- Ascertained in a timely manner the best price/vendor for each specific job and working with each vendor to produce the work in the most efficient and cost effective manner.
- Wrote all purchase orders prior to authorizing any production, including costs.
- Worked with suppliers and coordinated projects from conception through completion.
- Provided chronology of dates for each step of the production process to ensure that all milestones and deadlines are met and that jobs may be tracked.
- Worked with accounting department to verify vendor invoices and resolve any billing issues.
- Teamed with Account Services, Art Directors and Vendors to translate creative problems into technical solutions.
- Supervised studio, pre-press and proofing departments.
- Managed quality assurance and maintained creative integrity of all assigned projects through all stages of manufacturing.
- Lead internal and external creative teams to ensure efficient production of high quality, cost effective print collateral material.
- Developed production procurement strategies resulting in both short-term and long-term commitments.
- Lead daily production meetings.
- Estimated and processed $15 million in print collateral materials annually for Levis, Jaguar, Kenneth Cole and Banana Republic.
- Saved 25% in monthly print program by re-negotiating costs with vendors.
- Assumed responsibility for all quality control and logistics of $7 million dollar retail account
- Designed and created custom packaging for Ortho McNeil and Novartis.
- Utilized estimating skills including planning, layouts, impositions and pricing grids to determine most cost efficient way to produce project
- Teamed with sheet-fed, web and finishing vendors to produce direct mail projects, magazine inserts, pharmaceutical printing, out-of-home advertising, point of purchase and marketing collateral material
Estimating Manager, Confidential, 1992 - 2003
State of the art manufacturing facility delivering quality print and distribution solutions to more than 600 clients in every major market. Specializing in corporate, financial and publishing work.
- Managed an estimating department, specializing in sheet-fed and web offset.
- Used Logic estimating software, preparing estimates for books, brochures, and annual reports.
- Teamed with sales, clients, and customer service to obtain and understand data needed to produce competitive estimates or pricing grids.
- Reviewed project specifications and requirements with sales on a job-by-job basis.
- Estimated work for Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, and Merrill Lynch; awarded the projects.
Production Coordinator, Confidential, 1985 - 1992
Full-service graphic communications company offering offset printing, kitting, fulfillment, warehousing, pick and pack, finishing, mailing and in-house binding,
- Worked with owners, clients and sales team to ensure their projects were delivered on time and to customer specifications.
- Documented all live jobs and selected proper production person based on client needs.
- Handled large direct accounts including Mastercard, NYU, Bank of New York, and Met Life.
- Coordinated with plant manager and scheduled all work for prep, press, and bindery.
- Estimated projects during peak periods to relieve overload on estimating department
Bachelor of Science - Printing ManagementCOMPUTER SKILLS
Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, FileMaker, Hagen, Logic, Programmed Solutions, Pace.