Senior IT Project Manager
Background encompasses 10 years of IT experience with 7 years of Sr. IT Project Manager/SOX Compliance/Infrastructure and Application security consulting experience. Also to include business Continuity Planning and Disaster Recovery Implementation, Internal Auditing, Sarbanes-Oxley (section 302) & (Section 404), COSO/COBIT Frameworks. Utilize the following methodologies national and international projects: NIST, ISO9001, SOX404 and SOX302.Information Technology Competencies
- Quality Management
- Risk Management
- Cost Management
- Operational Technical Aptitude
- Organizational Effectiveness
- Human Resource Management
- Scope Management
- Performance measurement
- Communication Management
- Managing customer needs and expectations
- Team-building encourages and supports others
- Problem Solver
2002 – Present
V Consulting Group (VCG) is an independent firm dedicated to risk management, strategy and technology consulting. Committed to delivering innovation, quality, and service, VCG partners with its clients to help meet their business needs. With our consultants and strategic business partners, experienced industry and business process experts in their own right.
- Sr. IT Project Management utilizing PMI (Project Management Institute) standards from the PMBOK (Project Management Body of Knowledge) or RUP (Rational Unified Process) standards for Technical and Functional projects and programs. Experienced with the following areas of Project Management Experienced with the following areas of Project Management Methodology.
- Define Project Deliverables and Requirements based upon the customer.
- Project managed HR and IT departmental solution projects
- Managed Banking IT infrastructure projects.
- Development of SOW (Statement of Work) and WBS (Work Breakdown Structure).
- Have successfully delivered 2 full Infrastructure complete life cycles (networks, servers)
- Have successfully delivered 1 full Application complete life cycles (database, software design)
- Facilitated testing of the logical security access (system administration accounts and SQL built in accounts) for Windows environment servers, Sage (Mainframe) and AS/400.
- Able to provide detail deliverables for project plan to include risk assessments and corrective actions to be taken documented.
- Project managed Exchange 2003 implementation form Exchange 2000 for international company.
- Provide open communications with all stakeholders to provide a constant update of the progress of the project to include its past, current, and future milestones.
- Working with the relevant business sponsors to define and shape the project, ensuring that they are aligned with both the Business and Domain strategies.
- Implemented Remedy call center software on servers, where users could input their own helpdesk tickets requesting call center self help.
- Occasionally required to coordinate external vendors and served as an internal consultant to other departments and user groups as needed in support of assigned projects.
- Co-project management for application compliance and development based upon written requirements for infrastructure based upon SOX requirement.
- Project managed the design, development, implementation, and continuous improvement of numerous business processes, resulting in long-term reduction in the cost to delivery IT Services.
- Implemented Availability Management, Capacity Management, Business Relationship Management, Service Level Management, internal audit, and continuous improvement tools.
- Utilized ITIL v2.0 best practices data center server moves and break/fixes.
- Facilitated the gathering of software, hardware, server and component technical requirements, working with staff to prepare a solicitation using such requirements to award a contract to a vendor firm.
- Led a dispersed team of 5 Remedy IT Governance developers. Responsible for designing, implementing, continuously improving business processes, and reducing the cost over time of business processes.
- Implemented business process and systems automation tools and techniques to ensure systems and IT service availability in the event of unplanned system interruptions.
- Created and managed service level agreements between and IT operations teams and its customers.
- Managed software procurement from evaluation through contracting through installation and ongoing licensing and licensing compliance.
- Presented PowerPoint presentations to all levels of management for reporting purposes.
- Developed and actively managed relationships with customers in support of IT Service Management planning, implementation, and ongoing support, resulted in improved IT Services in line with business requirements.
- Entrenched as a consultant for international companies in the effort for planning their data center and their disaster recovery process and procedures with a very strict budget which included backing up of critical data.
- Assisted international companies with standards and procedures of backing up of critical data.
- Ongoing development of disaster recovery and business continuity plans including risk assessment.
- Project managed the Implementation of ITIL v2 for call center infrastructure hardware design.
- Resource planning and budget management (Earned-Value, etc)
- Project manager (SME) for application configuration acceptance for application into production environment.
- Created management action plans each project to include for remediation efforts for non-compliance issues items that were not remediated.
- Hosting Strategic Planning and Road sessions with management and upper level management.
Healthcare insurance provider for individual and families medical. They also provide group coverage for many of the larger headquartered business located in North Texas.
IT Auditor, Network Administrator
- Documented procedures for any known problems during the process of upgrades, software integration, and software testing.
- Overseen the technical aspect of PeopleSoft HRMS v.7 user acceptance testing prior to implementation.
- Tested databases to ensure that proper connection to the appropriate database and tables.
- Established and audited all software security permissions for staff members accessing patient’s HIPAA information
- Saved company 50k -100k per project location with incorporated project management design.
- Provided leadership and training to deployment team members.
- Provided scope analysis and project objectives for designing WAN infrastructure.
- Designed technical documentation, relevant to WAN management.
- Provided five-year asset acquisition purchasing and equipment recycling plans for hardware and software licensing maintenance.
- Packaged software (MSI) and created Active Directory profiles based on business policies and procedures.
- Designed development infrastructure for collection of change management results prior to implementation.
Bachelors of Science ª Concentration in Human ResourceComputer Skills
- MS Windows Server 2003 and Later, Unix
- PeopleSoft, Great Plains/ HIPPA, ITIL v2
- SAP R/3 and 4.6A (security)
- Oracle 9i and 10g (security)
- Exchange 2003 and later