A Dynamic computer systems professional technical manager with excellent diagnostic skills with over 23 years experience. Reported directly to CIO and leading team members. Contributed in planning and implementations of new installations, relocations and setup of DR site. Proven ability to develop and maintain an excellent relationship with management, team, clients, and vendors. A Strong and diversified background in Citrix Technology (Design, Architecture and Management).
Cisco switches and routers Windows XP/Vista/2000/2003 servers Network support (LAN/WAN) Server installation/configuration/upgrades Network management tools Blackberry Enterprise server Data center operations/management Staff supervision Staff/end-user training SOX audit compliance Effective verbal/written communication Problem identification/resolution Project Management Wireless Networks Citrix Presentation server 4.5 Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5/2003/2007 Interwoven Filesite (autonomy) Rightfax Workshare Integration Autostore Omtool Scanning Server Print Servers
Independent Consultant September 2010 -present
- Worked on small offices network, break and fix PCs, Home computers Consulting, Server installation, upgrades and maintenance, exchange server upgrades. Firewall upgrades
Confidential,April 2010 to August 2010
- Capacity planning to introduce VMware and citrix Xenapp for remote communications.
- Cleanup accounts and security on the network.
- Create IT Budget and cut spending on blackberries, aircards and Telecomunications lines
- Support and maintain Windows Terminal Server and VPN network.
- Configure and maintain Sonicwall Firewall, Telecommunications lines, Barracuda Spam firewall
- Responsible for 6 sites, Troubleshoot desktop and network problems, printing, printer plotters
- Vaultlogix backup, C2C Exchange archiving, Microsoft Exchange, MS Office 2007, blackberry
- enterprise server.
- Involved in installation and testing Cisco Unified Communications and VOIP Phones.
Independent Consultant Oct. 2009-March 2010
- Worked on small offices network, break and fix PCs, Home computers Consulting, Server upgrades and maintenance.
Confidential, (1996 2009)
Client/Server Manager/Citrix Administrator
- Initiate and provide strategic/tactical leadership, direction and planning for the deployment
- Analyze special needs/projects and recommend short-term improvements and long term plans
- For implementation.
- Oversaw resolution of current platform problems in cost-effective and timely manner.
- Participated with management in the development of new technology products and service.
- Supported Litigation team members by setting up servers for e-discovery,
- computer forensics including scanning and storage needs for databases.
- Trouble litigation application issues on Citrix presentation servers and desktops when
- Coordinate new release installations, testing requirements and patch management.
- Network support 24x7 for approximately 900 nodes LAN consisting of Bay 5000BH and
- baystack 450 switches including 4 remote sites.
- Participate in the upgrade of infrastructure to Cisco Layer 3 switches using
- cisco 6500 series layer 3 switches and Cisco 4000 series switches.
- Used various LAN/WAN diagnostic tools to monitor network performance and problems.
- Ensured SLA’s are met for circuit installations, moves/adds/changes and network availability.
- Lead project in installing and configuring all servers, desktops, hardware and software in
- bringing remote offices live.
- Build servers, desktop and managed upgrades.
- Installed network connections in data center and user floors.
- Maintained telecom circuits, cabling infrastructure and LAN switches databases.
- Problem tracking and resolution reporting of telecom vendor outages.
- Install, Configure, maintain and deploy Cisco BBSM wireless network servers and Cisco
- access Points in all offices.
- Troubleshooting wireless network connectivity issues.
- Migrated Citrix farm from Metaframe xpe to Presentation server.4.5 using
- CAGs and Netscalers appliances.
- Configure and Deploy Citrix Server Farm using Web interface and Citrix PN Agent internally
- using RSA two form factor authentication with single sign onto Citrix Web interface.
- Setup printer driver policy for a stable and working client printing experience.
- Coordinate with IT groups (Active Directory, Database management, security, operations,
- applications services) and business relationship managers to install, configure, document, test
- Install, configure and maintain applications globally on Citrix farm.
- Meet with vendors to procure all hardware, software and licenses necessary to build and
- deploy mission critical apps to support 300 concurrent users in the Citrix farm running
- VMWARE ESX 3.5 utilizing SAN storage.
- Install and maintain print servers and support local and network printing.
Confidential, New York (2005 2008)
Data Center Operations Manager
- Managed daily activities of 10 data center operators and two server engineers and ensured a Smooth 24x7 operations and maintain operational documentation. •
- Tracked all activities and project management related to Network and Operations.
- Monitored the data center environment using APC Infrastructure Manager™ and webcams.
- Collaborated with other IT groups to ensure smooth operations.
- Coordinate failover tests to DR backup site.
- Reviewed new technologies and trends to implement in data center.
- Interviewed potential candidates for data center operator posts.
- Wrote and updated documentation and procedures for all operators
- Monitored the network and all production servers on the network using various monitoring
- Performed problem determination/resolution for all NOC equipment.
- Ran daily incremental and weekly backups on all file systems and provide data restores.
- Manage IT Purchases of equipment, applications and vendor relationship.
- Responsible for Cost and budget requirements.
- Lead various projects (used MS Project to track projects) like cable removal, server labeling
- Maintained up to date inventory of all equipment located in all four data centers.
- Involved in Avaya Integration with CRM & MOC Transitioning from Siemen’s PBX to Avaya VoIP.
Network Administrator/Desktop Support/Help Desk Manager (1986 1996)
- Created user accounts, granted rights and access to shared drives using Active Directory in windows 2000 environment
- Build, configured, administered and monitored Blackberry Enterprise servers. and provided support to 300+ users.
- Evaluated various productivity tools for Blackberry Enterprise servers.
- Design Windows 2000/2003 OU Structure, File structure, migration plans and group policies.
- Involved in planning and building data center (build cabinets; run CAT5 and fiber cables; mount, rack and configured Cisco routers, Cisco switches, Compaq/HP servers, and APC UPS Design, plan and implement desktop migration for over 800 users.
- Implemented and managed the Help Desk and Desktop Support Staff of 5 members in our new York Office and provide support to all branch offices.
- Installed and configured applications on desktops. After successfully testing used Ghost to Create golden images.
B.S., Computer Information Systems
CERTIFICATION: Microsoft Windows XP, 2000, 2003
Introduction to Storage Networks
Implementing CiscoWorks for Enterprise Management
Implementing and Securing a Wi-Fi Network.
Deploying Group Policy for 2000, 2003 and XP Clients
Deploying and Managing Windows 2000
Hands-On Windows XP, 2000, 2003, 2008
Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices
Deploying and managing Windows 2003 Server
Citrix Presentation Server 4.5 and Zenapps 5.0
Citrix Presentation Server 4.5 Support
Implementing Citrix Edgesight
Pursuing CCA (Citrix Certified Administrator)
Routing Protocols: OSPF, RIP, IGRP, EIGRP, HSRP, BGP
LAN: Ethernet, Switched Ethernet, Token Ring, FDDI, 802.11a/b/g
WAN: T3, T1, Fractional T1, DDS, ISDN, DSL, Frame Relay,
Servers: Compaq Proliant BL/DL/ML series, Blackberry Enterprise Server,
Dell PowerEdge 2650, 1950, 2950 and Dell Blade servers, Print servers, Veritas Netbackup
Exchange 5.5/2007 servers
Services: DNS, DHCP, WINS
Hardware: Cisco & Bay routers, switches and hubs, Nortel Passport, Adtran CSU/DSU, multiplexors, IBM & all compatible desktops & laptops, all PC compatible printers, SCSI, PCMCIA, Blackberry 957/5810/6210/6710/7210/7230, Modems, ISDN routers, Linksys & Netgear, Network General Sniffer, Fluke, ISDN & Cable Testers
Cables: RJ45, RJ11, BNC/TNC, Coaxial, Fiber
EMC: Clarion CX400, Data Manager, Tape Library, SAN
Software: HP Openview, CiscoWorks, What’s Up Gold, HP Insight Manager, VNC, Big Brother, Citrix Edgesight, Citrix Presentation Server 4.5, XenAPP 5.0, Citrix
EdgeSight 4.5, Citrix Metaframe 1.8, Citrix Metaframe XPE, VMWare ESX 3.5
Microsoft SQL Server 2005, Microsoft Exchange 5.5/2007 in a cluster environment, Microsoft Clustering, Windows Update, Microsoft Internet Information 6.0, McAfee Enterprise, Trend Micro Network General Sniffer, Fluke, Microsoft Office 2000/2003/2007, MS Project Visio, and FrontPage, Lotus Notes R5/R6, Blackberry (server & user ), Norton Ghost, personal firewalls and anti-virus software, OCS, MOC, PCanywhere, Veritas Netbackup, BackupExec, SCCM, Adobe Acrobat, RDP support, Interwoven Filesite Document Management (autonomy), Workshare, Rightfax, Autostore and Omtool for scan to email or Filesite, WinZip, Microsoft Sharepoint Server, Avaya VoIP.
Operating System: Windows 2008/2003/2000/NT/98/95/XP, Novell Netware 3.x