- Eight years of project management experience (out of 15 yrs in IT field) in Web Development and Content Management space. Demonstrated track record of successfully managing small to large projects from start to finish.
- A highly motivated and energetic professional, dedicated to understanding and meeting client needs. Knowledgeable in project management tools, processes and techniques.
- Exceptional focus, follow-through and coordination skills. Proven ability to develop and manage project schedules, and known for working well with cross-functional team to achieve on-time project completion.
- Motivated and self-starter with effective negotiation and presentation skills. A critical thinker and reliable team player with both business insight and technical depth. Successful in delivering solutions and aligning IT strategy with corporate vision and mission. Always learning and always ready to coach.
- Strong Project Management (using Agile/Scrum and PMBOK methodologies) and Enterprise rollout experience.
- Expert in Content management, Information Architecture, XML, XSLT, SDLC, Project management.
- Defining web site information architecture, including site structure, navigation, and page layout.
- Experienced with extensive leadership, system implementation and system integration skills.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and communication skills; good creative and visual abilities.
- Content Management: Interwoven TeamSite 5x/6x, OpenDeploy, MetaTagger
- Document Management/Workgroup: Sharepoint/MySite, Lotus Notes / Domino
- Tools: FrontPage, DreamWeaver, PhotoShop, MS Visio, MS Project, Visual Web Developer Express, PVCS, MS VSS, XML Spy.
- Operating Systems: Windows 2000/NT, UNIX / Linux
- Web Server: IIS, iPlanet.
Confidential,Web Project Manager/Scrum Master 03/09-Till Date
- Responsible for the complete implementation of the Scrum process
- Lead requirements gathering session with all the stakeholders and create User Stories.
- Create and maintain the Product backlog, Sprint backlog and release plan.
- Facilitate the estimation of Product Backlog Items.
- Create a collaborative atmosphere for the team.
- Responsible for resolving conflicts between people.
- Co-ordinates to help the team to deliver on its sprint goals
- Responsible for time boxed sprint planning and execution.
- Maintain the Sprint Burndown chart.
- Facilitate Sprint planning and daily team meetings, Sprint demo and Sprint review sessions.
- Responsible for removing the impediments from the project
- Gather and document team agreements, sprint plans, release plans, and retrospectives.
- Educate the team, product owner, etc about Agile/Scrum methodologies and make sure everyone follows it.
- Effective status reporting to senior management.
- Directly supervised 6 members of the team (Architect, Developers, Designers, QA tester)
Environment: TeamSite, SharePoint/MySite, Solaris, XML, XSLT, PERL, Web 2.0 tools, DHTML, Flash, MS-Project, MS-Visio, MS-Office.
Confidential, 06/08 – 02/09
Web Project Manager
- TV Guide was planning to move from Microsoft Content Management to Interwoven TeamSite Content Management system
- Drove projects from conception through completion. Launched newly redesign website
- Met with the client team to go over the business requirement, their environment.
- Held discussion with the IT group as well as Content Management Team in order to understand the full lifecycle of projects.
- Talked to stakeholders about their scope, budget and timeline. Wrote the WBS/Scope document along with constraints and assumptions.
- Came out with the project plan with exact timeline for each task and # of resources that we need for this project.
- Delivered Project schedule, cost estimates, resource assignment matrix.
- Directly supervised 9 members of the team (Developers, Designers, Editorial, QA tester)
Environment: MS Content Management Server, SharePoint/MySite, TeamSite 6.7.1, XML, Perl, Web 2.0 tools, Windows 2003, MS-Project, MS-Visio.
Confidential, 08/07 –6/08
Web Project Manager/Scrum Master
- Managed enterprise projects for Citigroup. Drove projects from conception through completion. Launched newly redesign website by consolidating and integrating applications.
- Consulted with client to identify key requirements, defined project scope, developed project plan and schedule, provided leadership to internal teams on projects and daily production issues. Facilitated issues resolution. Prepared and presented timely status reports to client and internal senior management.
- Collaborated with clients, third party software partners and internal teams to develop and launch product enhancements that maximized page view and generated additional revenue opportunities.
- Initiated a comprehensive issue tracking process that improved communication and issue resolution for cross-functional teams and senior management.
- As Account Manager, acted as escalation point for change requests and client concerns, and worked closely with department team leads to prioritize issues and coordinate troubleshooting efforts.
- Conducted resource planning and budgeting; tracked costs to ensure adherence to budgetary limitations.
- Introduced scrum methodology among Citi projects and trained other Project Managers.
- Directly supervised 8 members of the team (Architect, BA, Developers, Designers, QA tester)
- Received two awards for outstanding performance and on-time launch of their website.
Confidential, 11/06 - 05/7
Web Project Manager/Architect
- Defined the project deliverables, managed the project schedule and project staff to ensure deliverables are met on time and within budget.
- Conducted discovery meetings with various functional managers and new processes based on the feedback.
- Created a PMBOK style project plan covering planning, execution, communication, and quality plans.
- Emphasized scheduling plans utilizing Gantt charts and resource allocation charts.
- Directly supervised 12 members of the team (Architect, Developers, Designers, IA, QA tester), indirect supervision of 6 additional team members.
- Worked with teams to drive development of user interface, navigation, and requirements for next-generation, portal-based website. Established and lead user training sessions.