- Senior - level Information Technology Leader with a unique combination of leadership, business, and technical expertise. Dynamic IT Lead with a reputation built on delivery and execution.
- Over 16 years of proven experience in software and product development, program, project and roadmap management, delivery team leadership, and vendor management for various verticals including E-Commerce, Retail, Payment Processing, Telecom, Banking, Insurance and Pharmaceuticals.
- Delivered enterprise programs and features for Digital, Web, Mobile IoT, APIs, Shared Services, Cloud & Infrastructure, Business Intelligence - Big Data, Data Warehouse and Real Time Analytics platforms.
- Experience in delivery with Agile using Scrum, Kanban and Pair Programming, Waterfall, Product Development Lifecycle, Rational Unified Process (RUP) and Six Sigma.
- Involved in all phases of the software development life cycle (SDLC), from Vision, Features and Requirements Definition, Solution and Architecture Design, Backend and Frontend Development, Relational and Non-relational Database Design, DevOps, CI/CD, Quality Assurance and User Acceptance Testing.
- Established team specific Business-IT engagement and delivery models. Lead and managed business, technical and functional team deliverables, plans, risks, quality and processes. Worked with specific functional business units in scope analysis, budget planning, activity estimation, staffing and training.
- Proven ability to interface and coordinate with cross functional teams and cultures, analyze existing systems, wants and needs, design and implement database solutions
Project Management Tools: JIRA, Innotas, Rally, Version One, MS Project
Business Analysis: Functional Requirements Gathering, User Interviews, Business Requirements Gathering, Process Flow Diagrams, Data Flow Diagrams, MS Project, MS Access, Visio
Data Warehousing/ETL: Data Warehousing ETL experience of using Informatica PowerCenter 8.1/7.1, Informatica PowerMart 7.0/6.2/5.1/4.7 , Mapping Designer, Warehouse Designer, Informatica PowerConnect for SAP/Peoplesoft/Siebel/DB2, Autosys, Control M, TOAD, SQL Navigator, SSIS, Informatica Analyst
Data Modeling: Dimensional and Normalized Data Modeling experience using Data modeling, Erwin Modeling (ERwin 7.1/4.1) Star Join Schema/Snowflake modeling, FACT & Dimensions tables, Physical & logical data modeling and Oracle Designer, Embarcadero, SAP HANA Modeler
Databases: Oracle 10g/9i, Teradata V2R4/V2R5, Sybase, Mongo DB, SAP HANA, IBM DB2 UDB 8.0/7.0, MS SQL Server 2005, MS Access 7.0/2000, Oracle Report Writer, SQR 6.1.4, ERwin 4.1/3.5/3.x, SQL, XML, XSL, PL/SQL, SQL*Plus, SQL*Loader and Developer 2000, Windows 3.x/95/98/2000, Win NT 4.0 and Sun Solaris 2.x., Pig, Hive
Business Intelligence: BI experience in Cognos 8.3/7.0, Business Objects XIR 2/6.0/5.1/4.1 (Web-Intelligence 2.5, Designer 5.0, and Developer Suite & Set Analyzer 2.0), Brio, Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services/Analysis Services, Microstrategy 8, Tableau 5.2, IBM SPSS Statistics 19, Quark, WordPress, Adobe Analytics - Site Catalyst, Google Analytics
Other Systems and Tools: SAP, Oracle EBS, and Salesforce.com, JDE
Confidential, San Ramon, CA
Sr. PM/Scrum Master/Agile Coach (Contractor)
- As member of the Confidential & Confidential Digital E-commerce PMO, led and supported team in delivering various programs and projects across ATT.com, Developer Portal, Mobile, Analytics, Virtualization and Cloud space including SaaS, Paas, Iaas, SDN, Big Data.
- Served as Program Manager and Agile Transformation Lead for implementation of customer facing initiatives like Payments and Billing projects, DTV Integration, Service Layer API development and migration and BI/DW/Big Data Analytics.
- Established Program Milestones and Roadmaps, Managed Project Budget, Procured resources from cross-functional teams, Identified and Mitigated Risks, Issues and Dependencies
- Lead multiple scrum teams to ensure the Scrum framework is used as intended by educating the team on the Agile practices, facilitating Agile ceremonies (Stand-up, Backlog Grooming, Team Based Estimation, Retrospective, Product Review)
- Responsible for removing impediments that obstruct a team's productivity. Tracked User Story and Task Completion in Rally and established team velocity.
- Lead Sprint Iteration Planning, Daily Scrum Standup, Customer Demo and Retrospective meetings and maintained detailed Project Plans.
- Communicated and aligned delivery schedules via "scrum of scrum" meetings with other teams (which may or may not be using the Agile Methodology) as appropriate
- Created Project Prioritization Process, Resource Allocation/Management Matrix, Budget Tracking using templates.
- Effectively communicated Project Status via weekly and monthly reports to stakeholders and executives including updates to Project Timelines, Scope and updated Mitigation Strategies.
- Facilitated end users requirements sessions for user stories/requirements, wireframes/comps, data, reports, analyses, metadata, training, and data quality.
- Managed Billing Services Datamart and Customer Analytics (Microstrategy and BOBJ platform) and MDM Repository for integrated financial and operational analytics and reporting of various KPIs such as volume, performance, exposure, quality and risk to provide decision management solutions to senior managers.
- Collaborated with Developers/DBAs/Infra Teams to track design and development of data models, data governance and ETL Strategy to capture new data, store historical data and update data warehouse in the most efficient way.
Confidential, Pleasanton, CA
Project Manager/Scrum Master
- Scrum Master for multi-track Online Digital and BI/DW initiative including project kickoff, charter, planning, execution and budget management.
- Managed scrum teams, facilitated scrum processed, delivered high quality, high impact scrum ceremonies including: planning, retrospective and grooming sessions.
- Planned the Sprints, prioritized the sprint backlog, lead the teams, managed the development process, identified and eliminated obstacles that prevent the team from achieving their goals, prepared Burn down charts, and ensure crystal clear communication among everyone involved in the project.
- Created detailed project plan, timelines and tasks and tracked timesheets and budget - actual vs. forecast.
- Managed Online Digital (Giftcardmall.com) and Business Intelligence Scrum Teams. Defined and managed program strategy, program charter, work breakdown structures and project plans, including a rolling 18 month roadmap of features and concepts.
- Helped track project staff, determine project tasks, establish timelines, establish estimates-to-complete, prepared and communicated project statuses, identified and responded to risks and issues and managed change requests.
- Lead and supervise efforts in release planning, financial analysis, & ROI of multi-million dollar projects.
- Demonstrated analytic experience in budgeting, estimating, and tracking forecasting vs. actuals to establish variances.
- Responsible for entire Project life cycle - from analysis to production implementation, with emphasis on identifying the source and source data validation, developing particular logic and transformation as per the requirement and creating mappings and loading the data into different targets.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
- Facilitated/participated in the daily Scrum stand-ups. Coordinated work across multiple Scrum Teams where dependencies exist.
- Maintained Scrum Team Dashboard. Assist Product Owners with backlog creation and grooming of stories.
- Successfully manage relationships with 20+ lines of business officers, Wholesale Operations areas, Corporate Risk and Corporate Finance Projects
- Developed project strategic and tactical roadmap, cost and benefit analysis; and delivery of these to project governance and financial approval bodies as necessary to achieve funding.
- Developed framework and managed the tracking of interdependencies (start to finish relationships) within or across projects within BI program.
- Managed coordination across multiple stakeholders from both IT and Business to ensure project objectives are met. Balanced schedule, scope and budget within the program and re-negotiated with sponsor as needed.
- Responsible for accurate time reporting for a program; Responsible for tracking, reporting, and explaining budget variances
Confidential, Woodland Hills
- Managed IT development and operational projects using Agile Scrum. Developed project schedules, plans, status reports and charters, managing project funding requests, identifying risks and creating a mitigation plan
- Helped PMO transition from Waterfall to Agile Delivery Model. Established agile framework and processes for PMO.
- Facilitated Agile ceremonies as a scrum master for specific technical tracks including: sprint iteration planning, story grooming, daily stand ups, sprint retrospectives and release planning·
- Coordinated meetings with teams, business and technology leadership to highlight key issues, dependencies, and risks to update status and get decisions under aggressive deadlines.
Confidential, SF, CA
- Worked with business units to define BI project goals, objectives, scope, approach, timeline and budget
- System Study, Business Requirements Analysis & Documentation of requirements from business.
- Served as contact for cross teams within organization to research and design customized BI delivery solutions.
- Lead the Business Intelligence standardization across operating units by promoting and enforcing our BI/Portal technology framework standards
- Understand the business needs and implement the same into a functional database design.
- Designed, implemented, tested and maintained a data warehouse front end system Insight to capture the Sales and Marketing. This system was used to measure sales force effectiveness and to plan sales and marketing strategies.
- Designed complex Informatica mappings using expressions, aggregators, filters, lookup and stored procedures to ensure movement of the data between various applications.
- Creation of Sessions and executing them to load the data from the source system using Informatica Server Manager.
- Documented Data Mappings/Transformations, and Informatica sessions as per the business requirement.
- Performed Integration testing for various mappings. Tested the data and data integrity among various sources and targets.
- Extensively worked in the performance tuning of programs, ETL procedures and processes.
- Created List Reports and Cross Tab Reports and Drill Through reports.
- Extensively used Business Objects Supervisor for creating repository, creating and managing the universes, creating categories, creating and managing the users, giving access permissions for Business Objects Reports.
- Performed Integration testing for various mappings. Tested the data and data integrity among various sources and targets.
- Generating the Standards and templates for the reports, interfaces and the universes.
- Creating and modifying the universes using Business Objects designer for Sales and Distribution System.
- Creating, maintaining and modifying the business complex reports using the Business Objects Reporting Module.
- Created Custom Hierarchies in the universe to Perform multidimensional analysis
Business Intelligence BA/PM
- Analyzed the current state of existing sales processes
- Identified the gaps in user information needs and supporting technologies
- Interacted with customers to understand the objectives/business requirements and transformed the requirements to use cases
Business Analyst/Data Analyst
- Reviewed Business Requirement documents and technical specifications
- Worked with all Informatica Client tools.
- Extracted the data from SQL Server, Oracle, Files, and Access into Data warehouse.
- Working with different transformations like Source Analyzer, Lookup, Filter.
- Created sessions, batches and scheduled the same.
- Access Manager.
- Worked on Informatica tool - Source Analyzer, Data warehousing designer, Mapping Designer & Mapplet, and Transformations.
- Used the repository manager to give permissions to users, create new users.
- Tested all the significant fields to extract and extensively involved in extraction of the different flat files, Oracle RDBMS, MS Access, and Sybase ASE db.
- Back-end testing of Informatica mappings with PL/SQL procedures/functions to build business rules to load data. Most of the transformations were used like the Source qualifier, Aggregators, Connected & unconnected lookups, Filters & Sequence.
- Involved in scheduling and performance tuning.
- Created and reported defects & progress.
- Created reports and did a lot of data analysis and querying.
- Created Reports in Impromptu and distribution of catalog to users for ad hoc reporting and analysis.