Experienced project manager with six years of success in managing all aspects of information technology projects, including project planning, scheduling, execution, quality, communication, and budgeting. Thought leader with proven ability to execute projects from the original concept through the final implementation as well as ensure that the projects are aligned with company standards and IT strategies.
Consulting IT Project Manager (August 2006 - May 2010) Confidential Responsible for the successful delivery of all Infrastructure projects working with virtual teams that vary from application development, network, database, server, vendors, and supply management. Manage all aspects of project delivery including project planning, scheduling, execution, quality, communication, and budgeting.
- Payment Card Industry (PCI) Compliance
- Designed and built a segregated environment that allows any application passing credit card information to adhere to the PCI Security standards.
- Engaged Information Security representatives to assess the vulnerability of the existing infrastructure.
- Coordinated key requirements for all in-scope PCI applications.
- Data Center Server Optimization
- Achieved over $1.4M in yearly cost reductions by optimizing a shared server environment.
- Planned and implemented a refresh of 100+ windows servers while also consolidating all physical servers to VMWare Infrastructure virtual machines.
- Executed a proof of concept to evaluate the performance of virtual vs. physical servers.
- Coordinated testing and defect management efforts for 200+ web application teams.
- Reduced server procurement time from three weeks to four days.
- Configuration Management Implementation
- Operationalized configuration management across the enterprise and matured the level of data accuracy through increased automation.
- Improved operational efficiencies, systems quality, and availability by driving configuration standardization across environments, platforms, and organizations.
- Service Level Management Enablement
- Developed and operationalized an enterprise process and framework/governance model for Service Level Management to ensure that IT Operations has the decision support data to understand where to prioritize remediation efforts and how to allocate resources.
- Established process for identifying gaps and putting a service improvement plan in place if measured metrics fall outside of the established availability threshold.
- Websphere Application Server (WAS) Upgrade
- Managed a major upgrade of Websphere Application Server for the entire suite of agent web applications without impact to normal business processing.
Systems and Programming Project Lead (January 2004 - August 2006) Confidential Responsible for leading a team in designing, developing, and implementing new applications and modifying existing applications.
- Release and Infrastructure Management
- Led 200+ web application teams through the planning and testing processes required to implement application and infrastructure enhancements.
- Enhanced the release management processes and tools to improve coordination with the application teams.
- Claims Handling Strategy
- Guided multiple teams to evaluate the Claims Handling systems and define the long-term client strategy with a migration plan.
- Claims Handling Client Application
- Delivered a new claims handling intranet application with a user base of 7000, including both Nationwide and Allied associates for the first time.
- Enterprise Wireless Solution
- Led the standardization and delivery of wireless modems on Tablet PC’s for 5000+ claims adjusters.
Programmer Analyst (June 1999 - December 2003) Confidential Responsible for designing, developing, and implementing new applications and modifying existing applications. Evaluated and provided technical solutions to complex application development problems.
- Claims Intranet Applications
- Technical lead for three Claims web-based applications with a customer base of 7000+ people.
- Reduced the number of application outages by re-writing the COM code in C++.
- Provided 24x7 systems support.
- Computer Telephony Integration (CTI)
- Technical lead for a multi-million dollar web-based CTI-Softphone application.
- Integrated Visual Basic 6.0 with Genesys 6.0 to create a Softphone ActiveX Control that has all of the functionality of a telephone.
- Conducted on-site end-user CTI training in multiple call centers.
- Customized Brio reports to analyze call timings and virtual routing trends.
- Call Center Automation Project (CCAp)
- Increased functionality and performance through a redesign of the Call Center system from a Lotus Notes based application to an Intranet application.
- Provided 24x7 systems support for Claims Call Center systems. The Claims Call Center operates from three locations in the US and has over 800 PCs using the system.
- Developed and conducted customer training on procedures, processes, and systems.
- Project Management Professional (PMP), 2004
- Microsoft Certified Professional in Visual Basic (MCP), 2002
- Certified Genesys Developer (CGD), 2000
- Project Management: Solution Delivery Lifecycle, ESDm, Agile, Waterfall, Estimating, Resource Allocation, Microsoft Office Suite, Clarity, Clarity Workbench, Microsoft Project, Sharepoint, Lotus Notes Email, Lotus Notes Calendaring
- Operating Systems: Windows, Linux, Unix
- Network Infrastructure: Routers, Switches, VPN, Firewalls
- Programming/Architecture: ASP, COM, Visual Basic, J2EE, Genesys Framework, SOA
- Tools: Visual Studio, Harvest, Quality Center, Peregrine, Mercury Interactive Test Tools
- Databases: Oracle, DB2, SQL