IT leader with proven results in improving processes, acquisition integrations and reducing cost. I leverage my excellent negotiation and communication skills as well as my extensive experience in IT to effectively engage both peers and senior IT leaders to drive exceptional business results. Having juggled 3 - 4 large projects at once, I know how to effectively delegate, meet deadlines and exceed expectations. I enjoy being a talent magnet, hiring some of the top talent across my organization, while creating innovative ways to meet critical staffing deadlines. I am passionate about building energetic teams that are driven to exceed expectations and deliver outstanding results
Data Management Senior Manager
- Managed a team of 20 technical resources for 24x7 support of Bank Confidential Batch and Hadoop Platforms, Including Incident resolvers, support specialists and software engineers.
- Staff development, Performance reviews and regular feedback and coaching sessions
- Exceeded expectations on critical SLA’s through innovative batch solutions using auto restarts, proper alerting and training staff.
- Reduced number of high severity incidents by proactively addressing repetitive issues.
- Created sub categories within HPSM to accurately pinpoint specific issues resulting in quicker permanent resolutions
- Leveraged new tool (Batch Impact Manager) to track critical streams and report and mitigate critical SLA breaches before they happen.
- Worked with vendor and software engineers to develop Control-M Self Service Mobile App to have mobile capability to check critical business processes resulting in greater on call flexibility as well as reduced MTTR.
- Initiated agile and lean methodologies to track and implement projects, eliminate impediments and celebrate success.
- Drove metrics project to use Tableau to provide automated metrics for all LOBS
- Used metrics to drive down incidents by focusing on repetitive issues.
- Leveraged more Control-M features to do auto restarts on Batch contention issues.
- Initiated strategic hires from former offshore team to bolster team through automation and knowledge transfer.
- Worked to bring Resolve Automation Tool to team to automate late alerts and manual processes.
Sr IT Manager
- Developed aggressive Financial and logistical plan to take back Level 2 distributed batch in 3 months and Presented plan to VP and SVP
- Leveraged existing Distributed batch team and management for L2 work
- Hired 25 Long term contractors (Skills: ETL, Ab Initio, Unix, SQL, HPSM, Control-M, batch)
- Hired 4 Associates and 1 Senior Associate (Skill sets: ETL, Ab Initio, Unix, SQL, HPSM, Control-M, batch, UNIX, SQL)
- Managed 3.6-million-dollar budget for project
- Leveraged Control-M tool more fully - set up discovery session with vendor and managed vendor relationship.
- Developed proposal and case study for extra Control-M products: Batch Impact Manager (BIM) and Workload Change Manager (WCM)
- Socialized new products to business to gain buy-in and eliminate manual reporting
- Worked across all LOBS to implement Self Service Portal and BIM
- Hired 9 highly technical Contractors (Skill sets: Extensive experience with ETL, Ab Initio, HPSM, Control-M, batch, UNIX, SQL) to take team to the next level.
- Executive member on Digital Resiliency project to gain funding for team expansion.
Sr IT Manager
- Managed highly successful Insourcing Project of Confidential Operations - Designed entire floor plan in new Confidential for Batch operations. Built out master consoles and drop down monitors for mainframe operations
- Leveraged existing teams from Confidential Direct Acquisition to manage Distributed batch operations
- Leveraged existing teams from Confidential Acquisition to manage mainframe batch operations
- Hired 9 associates and a manager for Batch scheduling leveraging a few legacy resources for knowledge transfer
- Designed extensive training with team including week long Control-M class by outside vendor.
- Designed a 3-month project plan for insourcing the Confidential that incorporated several phases: Discovery, knowledge transfer, shadowing and reverse shadowing.
- Combined duties within batch scheduling to gain efficiencies and reduce head count.
- Trained new Team on several ITIL processes (Change Management, Release Management, Incident management)
- Established metrics to track results
- Managed a cross functional global outsourced team of 45 contractors
- Managed Batch Scheduling and code promotion on 3 different platforms
- Managed Mainframe and Distributed Batch Operations and 2 managers
- Managed through 2 major acquisitions - Confidential Direct and Confidential Card Operations, which required both data migrations, Hardware integration, Avaya phone mapping, VoIP and resource placement.
- Helped design multimillion dollar project: Next Generation Confidential
Manager of Enterprise Data Center Operations
- Overseeing Infrastructure maintenance of all systems, technology upgrades, application and server support and desktop/laptop workstations.
- 24X7 oversight of data center, call center, help desk and technical staff.
- Evaluating, goal setting, coaching, mentoring, performance reviews of staff
- Effective, timely and meaningful management reporting on the status of performance metrics and outages, providing recommendations for improvement, as needed.
- SLA agreements with both external and internal customers
- Oversee staff development, vacations and schedules for 15 FTE’s.
- Document and report system outages, abends in critical path processes in a timely manner.
- Knowledgeable in Unix, Linux, Windows, Servers, JCL, MVS, ZOS, IMS, DB2, CICS, CPU, Tape Silos, DASD, Tera Data, EMC2, NDM, TCP/IP, Lotus notes, Outlook.