- Proven experienced IT professional with a successful track record in IT Project Management, Network Management and IT administration. Demonstrated skills in training IT staff, planning, analyzing, diagnosing and problem solving with data systems, ERP programs and networks, Hardworking team player with effective interpersonal skills known for his ability to coordinate multiple projects and follow them through to completion.
- IT/IS Project Management, Network & Help Desk Management
- SOX, IT Audits, Policies and Procedures
- HIPAA Security and Healthcare ERPs
- Backup & Recovery, Business Continuity
- ERP, SDLC & Project Management
- PMP Training (all required experience & courses), PMI member
- Firewalls, IDS/IPS Network Security
- TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, WINS, RAS, VPN
- Cluster Service, Server Builds & Config
- NT, W2000 - 3, XP & Exchange Migration, SQL, Active Directory, Group Policy, IIS
- Multi-Platform Environments including AS400, Unix, Call Centers
- Telecom - VOIP
Confidential, Lakeland, FL
IT Consultant/Project Manager
- Aid RG-Crown Bank in analysis and restructuring of Information Security Department and prepare for next SOX and OTS audits
- I nternal Sox A udit of Healthcare Company for Robert Half Int., control testing, change implementation
- Created Project Plan, analyzed and changed network infrastructure for Ramada Inn, configured and implemented Wi-Fi System for five properties including convention center and offices
- Planned network project plan for large real estate broker with several locations, installed an configured Windows 2003 server on HP hardware and backup system on small WAN/LAN
- Planned and implemented Wi-Fi across golf course about 800 feet and implemented Network Security Cam system to monitor activity utilizing the new Wi-Fi system
IT Director/Project Manager
- Reconfigured & rebuilt Network Infrastructure - New servers, routers and switches, UPS systems
- Moved Main Data Center including servers and network equipment from one location to another, which included coordinating with data carrier and local Telco for circuit and ip changes, also increasing electric circuitry, air conditioning into area, fibre and cable changes.
- Selected and contracted new data carrier, increased bandwidth and implemented new technology and security between sites with VPNs, firewalls, and increased speed and reliability
- Implemented leasing program for new PCs configured with migration from Windows 98 and 2000 Pro to XP Pro with plan to rotate out old PCs every three years.
- Migrated NT 4.0 systems to Windows 2003 server and MS Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003
- Managed Project testing of ERP system for suitability and use in a mental Healthcare organization
- Managed Project of implementing (CMHC) new ERP system and Data Conversion in a Mental Healthcare organization across the enterprise, including implementation of new features for billing, scheduling, records, clinical tools, etc. along with reporting to the State of Florida and other agencies in compliance with HIPAA regulations, State and county requirements - Joined CMHC user group and attended Training
- Configured and implemented wireless WAN technology between several sites
Confidential, Tampa, Florida
IT Manager/Project Manager
- Installed and configured Diamond Medical database
- Configured Watchgaurd and SonicWall Firewall systems
- Configure & Install Wireless LAN/WAN systems
- Installation of high-speed modem systems and routers for small office WAN connectivity
- Migration to Windows2000 Server and Workstation Pro
- Install and configure MedWare
- Configure DHCP server and client services
- Migration of NT 4.0 Servers in a Central Florida territory to W2000 Advanced Server
- Migration of NT 4.0 Workstations in Central Florida locations to XP Pro
- Configuration and installation of new servers including, configuration, implementation of OS, network settings, Active Directory and Sites, etc.
- Troubleshooting of servers, network connectivity, router and switch hardware, business software, etc.
- Responsible for administration of servers in Verizon.com infrastructure
- Support for DBAs and developers with servers, apps, databases, patches, fixes, scheduled tasks, stress tests
- Troubleshooting of servers and web servers through terminal services PCAnywhere, etc
- Troubleshooting of IIS and Com+ apps, web servers, and databases in clustered environment
Director of IT
- Integrated new locations into network and Exchange e-mail system, and trained new and existing IT staff.
- Managed portion of PeopleSoft ERP Implementation in Region
- Managed Project for Oracle ERP Implementation in Region
- Managed project to upgrade infrastructure in Monterrey Mexico plant and offices. Worked on team to choose new production and accounting systems. Chose contractors in Monterrey, Mexico and oversaw the project. This project resulted in improved flow of critical data, fewer mistakes in accounting and production data and improved network speed and communications.
- Coordinated project to upgrade infrastructure for Magnolia, AK facility that included recommending changes in vendors and contracts resulting in savings of over $70,000. Upgraded NT and MS Exchange Server, installed Web Server (MS IIS 4.0), diagnosed and repaired Compaq servers, added disk space and rebuilt Raid 5 system. These projects resulted in more network storage space for users, improved speed and connections, and elimination of dropped dial-up connections.
- Coordinated restructuring of network architecture with network team in Pittsburgh, for the 21 locations AECP division of Alcoa. Saved over $300 per month on data costs to carrier.
- Worked with pre-audit team to improve business processes and security of data.
- Upgraded MS SQL 6.5 to 7.0 and installed and configured MS Web Sever IIS 4.O.
Network Administrator, Exchange Administrator, Managed Desktop Support
- Research, purchase and implementation of new network products and hardware.
- Reconfigured e-mail system. Monitored and stopped Internet abuse. Implemented net and e-mail policies
- Researched, configured, installed, new fax server for call center, eliminating time wasted waiting for fax.
- Created new accounts on NT domain and on Exchange Server.
- Migrated e-mail from Novell’s Groupwise to MS Exchange and Outlook as client.
IT Manager, Technical Consultant
- Pre Sales Engineer
- Use of diagnostic equipment and testers for network troubleshooting and configuration
- Database tuning and installation
- Satellite tuning and configuration