- Extensive knowledge of various Software Development Life - Cycle (SDLC) models such as Waterfall, Agile (Scrum, XP, Lean) and Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe v3.0)
- Experience working with the Project Management Office (PMO) for documentation, guidance and metrics for running the project according to organizational standards.
- Expert at managing risks. Proactively performed risk identification, qualitative and quantitative risk analysis and planned contingent risk responses resulting in substantial cost savings.
- Ability to coach and mentor teams to reach their highest potential with agile values as expressed in the Agile Manifesto.
- Strong problem solver with the ability to quickly identify obstacles/impediments and facilitate effective resolution or escalate issues when required.
- Proven ability to manage co-located/distributed, multicultural and cross-functional teams and lead, train, influence, motivate, recognize and reward team members to improve team performance.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to use formal/informal, verbal/non-verbal, and active listening skills to effectively communicate with project stakeholders.
- Excellent leadership skills with substantial experience resolving conflicts between team members to prevent further escalation.
SDLC Methods: Waterfall, Agile, (Scrum, XP, Lean), RUP, Spiral
Project Management: MS Project, CA Clarity PPMVersionOne, Rally, JIRA, TFS
MS Office Suite: SharePoint, Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint. MS VisioSQL and Scripting Languages: SQL, T-SQL, U-SQL (Azure Data Lake), Hive, Pig
MS BI Stack: MS SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, PowerBI
Big Data: Hadoop Framework: HDFS, Map-Reduce, Hive, Pig, HBase, Zookeeper, Spark, Sqoop
Cloud: Microsoft Azure Cloud ( Azure Data Lake, Azure SQL Data Warehouse (MPP), Azure Azure HDInsight (managed Hadoop), PowerBI and AWS Cloud.
Visualization: PowerBI, Tableau, QlikView, Self-Service BI (PowerPivot and PowerView)
Other Tools: Sterling Commerce, Oracle ATG, HP Application LifeCycle Management (ALM), CMDB, VSS and SVN (Version Control/Configuration Mgmt.)
Confidential, Palo Alto, CA
Agile Project Manager
- Successfully managed the separation of all 16 assets within SMO’s aggressive timeline. This was particularly challenging due to multiple dependencies on other projects/assets each going through their own separation.
- Led the projects through complete SDLC from initiation, design, development, SIT, UAT and Cut over. Was actively involved in release management and post MTP stabilization.
- Worked with solution architects to document as-is and to-be infrastructure and application landscapes. Worked with upstream and downstream application teams to manage changes. Worked with infrastructure teams to acquire new hardware as necessary for Clone, Cleanse and Go projects
- Conducted detailed risk assessments, developed risk mitigation strategies and contingency plans for risk areas.
- Managed cross-functional development teams and interfaced with business stakeholders in various time zones across the globe: USA, Mexico, Spain, Romania, Ukraine, Sweden, India, Malaysia, Singapore and China.
- Developed weekly dashboard reports to report RAG status to SMO program management. Developed design, development, SIT, UAT and release management plans in MS Project Server and ensured adherence.
- Managed the E2E separation of 15 Tableau and Qlikview dashboards for the Sales and Marketing department working closely with a distributed team of dashboard developers and testers.
Environment: QlikView, Tableau, SQL Server 2012, SSIS, SSRS, Vertica, Informatica, HP Application Lifecycle Management (ALM), Tidal Enterprise Scheduler, Unix, MS Project ServerConfidential, Santa Clara, CA
Agile Project Manager
- Managed the development of Executive KPI Dashboard from concept to completion. Executive Dashboard Phase-I and Phase-II delivered full two months ahead of schedule.
- High-performing and motivated team created with record close to 95 % participation in agile meetings.
- Evangelized agile methodology and was successful in getting buy-in from project stakeholders.
- Facilitated scrum rituals and updated and communicated using Information Radiators such as Burn Down charts to project stakeholders.
- Proactively tracked risks by maintaining a risk register, risk management plan with risk mitigation and contingency.
- Developed high-level status reports to present to the director/program manager of Business Analytics and Enterprise Reporting. Was instrumental in project validation, stakeholder buy-off and UAT signoff.
- Responsible for incorporating agile practices such as automated builds, deployment, gated check-ins, continuous integration and Test Driven Development.
Methodology: Hybrid (Waterfall + Scrum)
Environment: Teradata, Ab Initio, QlikView, Java, Oracle, JIRAConfidential, Virginia Beach, VA
Agile Project Manager
- Oversaw successful data integration of the Medicare claims records between the two companies.
- High data migration accuracy with no major defects. Maintained with-in control closure of all priority 1 (P1) issues very close to the set limits.
- Worked with solution architects to document as-is and to-be infrastructure and application landscapes.
- Actively managed project risks by logging them into project server along with mitigation strategies and resolution date. Escalated issues to senior management for immediate resolution.
- Estimated and acquired required resources throughout the project to ensure timely completion.
- Ensured team cohesion by organizing various team-building activities throughout the project. Actively resolved conflicts within and among teams before they impacted project progress.
Environment: MS SQL Server, Informatica, Pega Systems, Trizetto FACETsConfidential, Chicago, IL
- Led the projects through complete SDLC from initiation, design, development, SIT, UAT and and Go Live. Was actively involved in release management and post MTP stabilization.
- Prepared the project plan and proactively managed changes in project scope, identified potential issues and devised contingency plans.
- Work with the client to agree and document detailed design and acceptance criteria for both functional and non-functional requirements and for project deliverables
- Interacted with senior leadership, PMO and development team on a weekly basis to provide overall project status, risks and issues.
- Work with QA team to design test plan and test cases for User Acceptance Testing (UAT). Provide functional training to key business users for Train the Trainer program
Environment: Oracle ATG commerce, Java/J2EE, Oracle, HP Quality Center.Confidential, CA
- Facilitated workshops with business users to develop business requirements, functional and non-functional requirements.
- Performed GAP analysis for new functional requirements and prioritized them based on actual business needs. This helped optimize the business processes.
- Worked with the QA team to design test plan and test cases for User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Interacted extensively with cross-functional teams in order to resolve technical and implementation issues.