Supervisor and Project Manager with 10+ years industry experience motivating and managing technical staff (10 - 60) in network services, maintenance processes, and projects. W orking knowledge of network architecture theory, design, and network elements (LANs, WANs, routers, switches, multiplexers). Trained and mentored diverse unionized work groups with a proven commitment to quality, customer service, and prompt job completion in a fast paced, cost restrained environment.
Microsoft Office 2010: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project 2007, Outlook 2007 Windows XP
Hardware: COMPTIA A+, Ethernet, routers, network interface devices
Networking: CISCO ICND 1 & ICND 2, Juniper E/M-series, LANs/WANs topologies Broadband Management & Delivery Systems, VOD, DWDM & BSR
NE’s: Motive HDM (TR-69), Scientific Atlanta EDFA, Bigband BMR 1200, Juniper E320, Motorola & Tellabs OLT
LAN/ WAN: BTI Muxponder, Adtran TA3000/5000, Fujitsu Flashwave & FLM, SONET, T1/ hdsl, tag rhtas, ADC Wideband, Alcatel ASAM, Hekimian, Tollgrade DMU+ / mlt, NHC Auto-Frame, slc, d4, 5e, DMS
Systems: TEMS, NMA, WFANY, TIRKS, E-COT, E-VISER, E-CENTER
Confidential, Rochester, NY
- Facilitate Director level team meetings to devlop network solutions, perform equipment vendor and data carrier selections, and produce project timelines, milestones, and WBS’s for regional network construction.
- Project manage the installation of racks, power, routers, transport, and circuits in a combination of 30+ Central Offices, Carrier Data Centers, and Internet Exchange Carrier POP’s.
- Interface with multiple equipment vendors and carriers to track and escalate shipments and circuit deliveries ensuring project timelines and milestones were met.
- Chair weekly Senior VP call presenting project progress, forecasts, issues, risks and accomplishments.
- Organize the exchanging of approximately 1 million dynamic IP’s including customer grooms, router interface rearrangements, and scheduling of routing changes.
- Coordinate with a contracted vendor the renumbering of more than 20K static IP customers including changes of DNS records following installation and production milestones being met.
- Met primary project deliverable of eliminating $7M in Confidential ’s in compliance with a 12 month temporary network interconnect contract.
Confidential, Syracuse, NY
- Performed the Confidential evalutation for, and project managed the onsite installation of, an enhanced intelligent NE solution for remote HDSL/T1 testability and performance monitoring gathering.
- Hands on troubleshooting experience with more than 12 test access, performance monitoring, and provisioning systems including the restoration of metallic test access in key CNY & WNY central offices.
- Enhancement & Restoration projects resulted in an annual cost savings >$1M in dispatch reductions.
- Successfully managed $3.5M annual overtime budget while increasing productivity 20%.
- Achieved a technician productivity >98%.
- Acknowledged for work group safety (zero incidents in 2+years).
- Consistently exceeded quality objectives by performing audits to ensure work accuracy and corporate expectations were met. Annually improved quality performance by 15%.
- Continually exceeded Confidential and MTTR targets for provisioning and maintenance.
- Developed, coached, and provided training to associates resulting in improved productivity, workflow, and reduced turnover. Conducted monthly informational and motivational meetings to sustain results.
- Scheduled, supervised, coached 60+ associates regarding quality, accuracy and call time in a 24x7 call center environment. Supported provisioning and maintenance of GiGe, SONET, and DS3 Wide Area Networks and Data CPE equipment . Executed training for associates and peer management on network surveillance.
- Ensured Customer Desired Due Dates ( Confidential ) were met and exceeded by developing & implementing a cross-organizational dispatch database for Metro NYC.
- Experienced in managing unproductive and uncooperative associates. Administered company absence and tardy policies. Documented progressive disciplinary action and terminations.
- Selected as SPOC (single point of contact) to resolve high-level NYS Confidential Complaints. Exercised strong interpersonal skills when interfacing with customers.
Network Field Technician
- Performed splicing, testing, maintenance, installation, repair and removal of copper and fiber outside plant facilities.