PMP - certified leader with proven success enhancing productivity/profitability with creative solutions to both unique and common business problems.
- Program / Portfolio Management
- Strategic Planning
- Process Reengineering & Optimization
- Turnaround Initiatives
- Wireless Networking (in/outdoor)
- SAN Implementation
- Network & Systems Design
- Data Security, HIPAA
- Contract Negotiations
- Vendor Management
Platforms: Windows, Windows 2008/2008R2/2012/2016 Server, Windows Remote Desktop Server, AIX, AS/400, JunOS, Cisco IOS, Catalyst OS.
Hardware: Servers, PCs, laptops, peripherals, switches, routers, SAN, tape libraries, RTLS, UPS systems, OCR applications, antenna arrays, rack systems, fiber optics, phone & PBX systems, CAT 5/5e/6, video camera systems, A/C systems, crane computer systems, Access Points, GE PLC integration, ABB PLC integration, BridgeWave, Redline, Verint, Proxim Wireless, OCR Systems, and more.
Applications: MS Office, Access, Project, Visio, Acrobat, anti-virus systems, Ghost, Arcserve IT Server, Backup Exec, ActiveXperts, HostMonitor, SNMP monitoring, MIB, SharePoint, Vantage Dashboard, NAVIS SPARCS, Petorvend Phoenix, Cummins diesel diagnostics, Oracle Financials, QuickBooks Pro, SolarWinds Orion, SQL 2005/2008/R2/2012/2016 server, NetOxygen (WiPro).
Programming: Access/SQL programming.
Virtualization: Microsoft Hyper-V, VMWare vSphere, Parallels, Citrix, VMware View.
SAN Hardware: Pillar Data Systems, Dell/EMC, Compellent, HP, Left-Hand, Synology, Nimble, Pure Storage.
Voice Systems: Cisco Call Manager (with call center features), Cisco Unity, Cisco IPCC, ROLM Phone PBX (with ACD), Zoom.us, Avaya, Polycom, Cloud based phone systems.
Networking: LAN/WAN/WLAN, VPN, MPLS, Wireless network systems design and implementation, Wireless network troubleshooting and repair, network protocols and infrastructures.
Regulations: Familiarity with Sarbanes Oxley (as it pertains to IT), PCI, HIPPA
Confidential, Torrance, CA
Director, Information Technology
- Lead and manage a group of five it professionals responsible for IT contract negotiations, project management and delivery of departmental and cross-functional projects. Managed a budget of 1.5m. Staff member of the board of directors for the organization.
- Sophos XG Firewall Cluster Implementation - Eliminated old dated firewall, IPS, client and site-to-site VPN hardware and contracts while providing state of the art security technology to the organization and improving the security stance.
- Replaced WAN with highspeed internet / VPN between offices saving the organization $50,000/year in circuit costs.
- Implemented three new modules of the case management system to automate and capture the intake process, special incident reporting, and client employment status.
- Implemented strategies and technologies to detect and fight ransomware intrusions.
- Implemented Sophos Cloud antivirus, Intercept X, and Sophos Mobile device management
- Implemented Outlook Photos - employee photos attached to their exchange account
- Implemented Everbridge reverse 911 system to alert and notify company employees during an emergency situation.
- Emergency Operations Plan - part of the team that created the organizations first EOP in the wake of the Inland Regional Center Terrorist attack.
- IBM iSeries AS/400 Upgrade from an i520 (P6) to A41 (P8)
- Process Improvement - Payment History lookup tool, Targeted Case Management Reporting tool, AS/400 reports to PDF via Spoolflex, AS/400 system monitoring with MessageflexSetup AS/400 and business critical server disaster recovery solution with SunGard Availability Services.
- Implemented various improvements to conference room audio visual to enable staff greater flexibility in conducted both onsite and remote meetings.
- Implemented Meraki Mobile Device Management
- Re-instituted and updated patch management policy, practice and systems
- Upgraded Active Directory from 2008 to 2012R2
- Automated AS/400 report creation to PDF then auto import into Laserfiche document management system.
- Conducted the organization’s first HIPAA assessment
- Working with the CFO and created IT budget from scratch based on past expenditures.
- Server Virtualization - Nimble SAN, VMware, and HP ProLiant servers, server room upgrade
- Laserfiche Document Management System integration - creation of test/QA environment after virtualization.
- Exchange Server upgrade
- Implemented a multi-level threat mitigation strategy that included moving to Mimecast cloud based email and threat protection service
- Implemented 50TB Barracuda Backup SAN, and cloud based backup rotation and retention process and policy
- Implemented SNMP monitoring via SolarWinds
- Implemented data security policies and password management system
Confidential, Sherman Oaks, CA
Director, Information Technology
- Lead and manage a group of three direct reports and a department of eight team members tasked with maintaining back office systems, security, and service desk operations for the organization, its subsidiaries, and affiliates. Key member of data security committee. Responsible for IT contract negotiations, project management and delivery of departmental projects.
- Led worldwide server host replacement project. Purchased server, SAN, and VMware & Veeam licensing negotiated in 2013 for worldwide deployment of new hosts, VMware 5.5 (vCenter and vSphere 5.5), and Veeam backup and recovery version 7/8. Included 18 new hosts and new 4 SANs.
- Managed Desktop refresh project for 2014 totaling $120,000 for worldwide deployment.
- Led infrastructure, change management and release efforts for re-platforming of Confidential ’s public facing websites from a .Net to LAMP / WordPress platform. Negotiated contract with third party service provider to build Linux based test and prod environments for 6 websites. Developed multifaceted release process for coordinating outsourced developer, outsourced support organization and Confidential personnel to deploy, test, and push to production environments.
- Led project to upgrade aging Cisco Call Manager from v 6 to v 9 and virtualize the platform. Negotiated contract with outside vendor to provide appropriate licensing, conduct the upgrade, test and move to production.
- Led project to design a new Citrix 7.5 environment then perform a parallel upgrade from the existing Citrix 6.5 environment.
- Led project to implement System Center Service Manager and Orchestrator 2012 R2 based on design completed in 2013.
- Led project with very short turnaround time to implement a LAMP/W based site for reaching out to the academic community to conduct research efforts in an area that MPAAs members deemed appropriate in 2014. The site collected personally identifiable information (PII) and had to be secured and audited at the same time provide easily accessible information for the academic community to submit their research ideas.
- Led project to extend US based accounting application to Canadian offices.
- Championed project to utilize Outlook/Exchange for conference room bookings replacing fully manual processes. This project improved efficiencies for all Confidential employees needing to book conference room within their office as well as booking in multiple offices around the world.
- Led several projects to upgrade internet bandwidth in Canada, Brussels, and Singapore offices.
- Led project to upgrade undercover internet circuits in Sherman Oaks, Canada, and Brussels offices in order to provide increased bandwidth and capacity for enforcement efforts conducted in those offices.
- Led project to setup web site for Confidential, ABC, and Microsoft sponsored Creativity Conference (www.thecreativityconference.org). This project was handed over to IT with only days to implement due to contract negotiation breakdown with service provider.
- Managed project to deploy MYOB accounting environment for Asia based offices where the financial managers could connect to a centralized database over RDP/Terminal Services. Prior to the implementation Asia financial managers used spreadsheets for financial tracking and reporting financial data.
- Led project to provide content protection enforcement operations with a standardized, cloud based tool for worldwide internet investigations. The implementation consolidated several different tools into one tool that is used worldwide.
- Led project to implement Office for iPad, providing the ability to view, create, and edit Word, Excel, and PowerPoint files on iPad devices. This provided increased productivity for executives and staff while on the road or in meetings.
- Led project to search for video, audio and screen share conferencing for all Confidential employees. Discovered, scoped and implement Zoom.us cloud based video/audio collaboration tool that was made available to all employees. This tool replaced 14 GoToMeeting licenses as well as PGI/GlobalMeet audio conferencing saving the organization ~$40,000/year plus providing a centralized tool that all employees benefit from. The system will also allow connections from traditional room systems (i.e. - Zoom, Tandberg, Cisco, Polycom, etc.).
- Led project to implement WiFi in Sherman Oaks office based rating theaters to allow rating to be conducted from iPads or laptops paper notepads.
- Led project to repurpose two VMware host to support the implementation of SAS Visual Analytics.
- Led project to implement Cisco Anyconnect VPN for IT access to Confidential networks.
- Led project to create DEV/TEST environments for accounting system in order for outside developers to create communication mechanisms between Confidential ’s in-house developed applications to the accounting system.
- Led project to conduct major overhaul of technology supporting large Sherman Oaks based conference/boardroom. Included replacing 5+ year old projection system with two 90” displays and associated audio visual automation upgrades.
- Led project to migrate Washington DC based Cisco Unity Express voicemail to Sherman Oaks Cisco Unity voicemail to enable voicemail to e-mail capability for those employees.
- Led several projects to upgrade or replace server room UPS systems across the organization to meet the needs of the new servers hosts installed.
- Led project to replace aging IPS system with new state of the art Cisco Sourcefire IPS system and Firesight management console.
- Led project to replace traditional Ericcson PBX with Cisco Call Manager and Unity in European office.
- 2013 -
- Continued to lead Exchange 2010 project and successfully completed in 2013.
- Led project to replace aging EMC NS-20 SANs in Datacenter and DR site with Nimble CS260 and CS240 SANs. The datacenter received a 10GB iSCSI SAN and the DR site received a 4x1GB iSCSI SAN as well as both sites received network upgrades to support the new equipment. Overall the implementation of the Nimble SANs produced an IOPS increase of between 25 and 150% as compared to the EMC NS-20 SANs. This project was necessary and foundational to the successful implementation of Exchange 2010. Implementing this project early in 2013 saved the organization $50,000 in maintenance contracts with EMC, and was used to fund other project in 2013.
- Led project to improve backup storage capacity, backup software ease of use, and improved the ability to recover files and VMware guest operating systems. The project goal and objectives were met by implementing Veeam Backup and Recovery worldwide and implementing new and additional storage for the datacenter, DR and tertiary recover sites.
- Led and managed annual Desktop Refresh project totaling approximately $200,000.
- Led project to upgrade bandwidth in Canadian office from business asymmetrical cable internet to fiber optic based 10/10Mbps service. This project was difficult due to the managing director for the region didn’t want to incur additional costs associated with the upgrade. This was global business driven initiative to provide a medium capable of support future capabilities. I renegotiated MPA-Canada’s external vendor IT support contract in order to provide funds that would cover the entire costs of the internet service, while at the same time providing the appropriate level of IT services to the regional office.
- Let project to determine appropriate level of support needed from third party supplier for Canadian offices and renegotiated 8 year old contract for 50% of the cost year over year.
- Led project to remediate underlying infrastructure data security items discovered during 2012 assessment. Developed plan and budget, engaged both internal and external resources, and implemented the plan.
- Key stake holder and lead data security for developing standardized data security policies for the organization based on the 2012 data security assessment and ISO 270001 data security best practices.
- Led project to develop internal IT service level agreement document and process for IT services and support. Responsible for developing, refining, presenting and obtaining signoff from senior management.
- Led project to move personnel in Confidential ’s NY branch office to new office space. Responsible for technical advisory for information technology, as well as implementing the new technology via outside vendors. The new office received new network hardware, higher speed internet/VPN connectivity, new UPS systems, network wiring, added new office to centralized Cisco phone system, and setup state of the art conference room automation.
- Managed several independent projects for Research department where they had graduate students produce information technology tools that made crunching through data easier for the department’s employees utilizing open source systems.
- Led process improvement project to define and improve the IT purchasing process within the organization.
- Negotiated internet service bandwidth from 5 to 50Mbps for Washington DC office due to increased business needs. Increase of bandwidth resulted in only a $50/mo. increase in costs as a result of the negotiations.
- Let project to extend Cisco WiFi into Brussels office through outside vendors.
- Let project to extend secure Cisco WiFi into Canada based offices, removing rogue WiFi deployments.
- Led project to increase internet service bandwidth from 10Mbps to 25Mbps for Hong Kong office in order to support current and 2014/15 business needs.
- Led project to support global initiative to provide better communication methods between executives and staff employees. This project was to find a communications medium that allowed face to face equivalent communication capabilities for executives to communicate with their staff and senior leadership as well as with the rest of the organization. The outcome of the project was to implement Skype Business worldwide for cross functional team meetings and utilize existing GoToMeeting accounts and existing LifeSize room systems for global/regional meetings.
- Led project to upgrade BlackBerry Enterprise Services to version 10 from 5.5. This project enabled the use of BlackBerry 10 devices for those individuals who preferred BB devices.
- Managed project to implement a website that shows people where to watch legal content online (Wheretowatch.org). The site contained a single infographics page that linked to the legal sites for online consumption of movie and television content.
- Led project to roll out a law enforcement and enforcement collection and correlation engine to Confidential ’s third party content protection offices worldwide via Citrix.
- Led project to upgrade Sherman Oaks office internet / SIP service connection from OC3 to Metro-E 100Mbps.
- Led project to assess Confidential ’s requirements for implementing Microsoft Service Center Service Manager and Orchestrator. The project produced a detailed requirements and design document for implementing Service Manager/Orchestrator to provide an ITIL based service desk application and provide automation of onboarding/off boarding employees. The system is to be implemented in 2014.
- Let project to assess the business needs for new and additional server hosts worldwide. The project produced a negotiated purchase of new server hosts and selected SANs for a worldwide server replacement and repurposing effort in 2014.
- Managed project to enable printing from iPad devices by deploying Lantronix printer server appliances.
- Implemented Secure Cisco Wireless LAN infrastructure in 2 domestic offices (SO & DC) and one foreign regional (Singapore) office. All labor and configuration done via outside vendors who then trained Confidential IT staff to maintain.
- Negotiated higher bandwidth for no increase in cost for regional office Internet/VPN link in Brussels office. Implementation carried out by third party vendor under my purview.
- Developed and managed upgrading Cisco Unity to version 8 and changing hardware platform to Cisco UCS and VMware. The implementation of this project provide the headquarters with voicemail to e-mail capabilities that were not previously available. This allowed Confidential employees and executives to listen to voicemails either in the office or on the road through their mobile devices or desktops.
- Let $120,000 desktop/laptop refresh project to replace and standardize aging desktop computing hardware.
- Let project to create external facing SharePoint site to allow better communications and collaboration between the General Counsel of Confidential and its member studios.
- Led project to move 50 employees to Confidential ’s main office space. This project required building out space in the main office space, adding electrical and networking, shuffling existing personnel away from the space to be occupied, and moving the personnel in a phased approach to their new space.
- Security - Led project to conduct a data security assessment for the organization in order to determine the needed data security controls and standards the organization was to employ. After a selection process I hired an outside firm to conduct the analysis and provide a report of where the organization was and list of remediation efforts to be undertaken over the next several years.
- Led project to expand the Cisco Phone system into Confidential ’s Washington DC office.
- Led project to move selected personnel in Washington DC office to a new office space in the same building and on a different floor. Required office space build out, new electrical and networking equipment and wiring, fiber optic wire installation between floors and wiring closets, new wireless networking for the space, new conference setup with technology, and moving the personnel.
- Let project to migrate several of Confidential ’s public facing website from hosted solutions to Confidential ’s datacenter webserver hosts.
- Led project to upgrade Exchange 2003 to 2010. This was a multi-year project that started in 2012 and completed in 2013. The project included upgrading or reconfiguring Symantec PGP, Microsoft FOPE, and Symantec Enterprise E-mail Vault system (this was replaced with Exchange’s Archiving). The project also included major infrastructure upgrades for Confidential ’s datacenter VMware architecture as well as for regional non-US based offices around the world. The upgrades included new Nimble C210 SANs for remote offices as well as repurposing existing HP servers to act as VMware hosts for the remote offices.
- Renewed Microsoft Enterprise Agreement via a comprehensive software auditing process to bring the Microsoft software into compliance with the Agreement.
- Conducted project planning and estimating for installation of secure wireless implementations in Washington DC, Sherman Oaks and Singapore offices. Developed project budgets for 2013 budget cycle.
- Performed system wide battery replacement on business-critical UPS systems in US.
- Upgraded remote office internet connectivity for Brussels European regional office business operations.
- Planned project to upgrade US based Cisco voicemail system to a virtualized platform in order to decommission no longer supported voicemail hardware and software for US based Cisco phone system.
- Consolidated and standardized Content Protection investigative software pool and sourcing.
- Managed project to revitalize eVault (i365) tapeless backup system and stabilize backup, restore, and disaster recovery operations.
- Championed project to standardize desktop and laptop makes and models worldwide to improve end user experience and ease support issues.
- Championed project to consolidate organization IT vendors for easier contract management for external IT services and project management. The result of the project created strategic IT partnerships with a smaller manageable group of IT service providers which eased administrative burdens.
- Managed project to upgrade Great Plains accounting system to latest service pack allowing for continued support from vendor and fixed some long-standing issues with performance.
- Managed a project to provide a portal for the Human Resources department to update end user information (site location, who the user’s manager was, phone number, etc.) in Active Directory.
- Championed a project to add a second US based Exchange 2003 server to Confidential ’s datacenter in order to elevate long standing performance issues and provide system redundancy.
- Managed project to install the PIX Systems production management system into Confidential ’s Ratings department screening rooms in order for the member studios to securely and electronically deliver movie content for review by Confidential screeners.
- Let project to assess Confidential ’s current level of data security to determine compliance with Safe Harbor regulations and to set a baseline for data security for the organization. The outcome of this phase of the project delivered proposals from 3 organizations to perform a detailed data security assessment in 2012.
- Managed IT effort to move more than 30 employees from and evacuate office space from the 1st floor to the second floor of our building. This was done to consolidate usable space in the second floor office space and then sublease the 1st floor space. Additional networking and computing hardware was required to facilitate the move.
- Managed project to create space on the second floor of our Washington DC office and move those individuals to a 6th floor office space. Additional networking, fiber optic interconnects and other hardware were required to facilitate the move.
- Championed project to extend Cisco Phone system from Confidential ’s Sherman Oaks office to its Washington DC office and replace an aging PBX system. This project required outsourced support to scope and deliver the finished system. Cisco 7956 phones and conference phones were delivered to each end user and conference room and all users trained on how to use the new setups.
- Managed project to move several externally hosted Confidential websites onto new equipment installed in new datacenter in early 2011. All sites were HTML based and internal development staff was used to create sites on Windows platform and migrate sites to the new internal servers.
- Increased threat defense landscape for business-critical websites by engaging third party DDos protection service (DOSarrest) to protect the sites from security threats that would usually take the sites down. Warded off several attacks by the Anonymous group in 2011.
- Championed and managed project to create standardized DEV, TEST, and PROD environments and frameworks for business-critical applications that included separate Web (IIS), database (MSSQL), and reporting services (SSRS).
- Stabilized existing VMware and Citrix 4.5 environments that were plagued by performance issues by implementing vendor standardized and best practices for the systems as well as worked with EMC to improve performance of NS20 SAN infrastructure.
Confidential, El Segundo, CA
Sr. IT Project Manager/Director
- Led and managed Confidential capacity and infrastructure related information technology projects.
- Responsible for managing a business capacity upgrade for Confidential ’s middleware and zero latency systems project.
- Led a portfolio of Oracle 10 to 11G database and application upgrade projects.
Confidential, Sherman Oaks, CA
Sr. IT Project Manager
- Responsible for picking up and turning around a crucial datacenter move from Atlanta Georgia to California, the move out and decommissioning of the datacenter site.
- Saved the company over $120,000 over 5 years by instituting a redundant VMware / SAN architecture and disaster recover infrastructure vs. utilization of physical hardware.
- Turned around a telecommunications project to eliminate PRI lines at multiple small branch offices utilizing Verizon’s BEST SIP saving the organization in excess of $500,000 over the next 5 years.
- Reorganized SAN partitioning to increase SQL database performance business critical database driven systems.
- Migrated 11TB of data from an old NAS to SAN attached drives on a clustered fileserver.
- Consolidated 8TB of data spread across multiple aging file servers to a centrally located clustered file server.
- Created data replication process of data over WAN to a NAS device in a remote office to decrease time to open large files over the network.
- Led JD Edwards financial systems upgrade from OneWorld XE to OneWorld 9.0.
- Led MS SQL 2005 to SQL 2008 upgrade for all enterprise database systems
- Led major SAN infrastructure upgrade and migration
Confidential, San Pedro, CA
Director, Service Delivery / Project Manager
- Streamlined internal and outsourced field engineering staff to maximize productivity of Field Services Department. Shifted responsibilities to match designated roles.
- Completely turned around failing system implementation initiative and achieved customer satisfaction. Led system acceptance testing, avoiding potential legal action.
- Turned around stalled TSA projects by rebuilding relationships with clients, completing punch list items, and resolving system performance issues. Negotiated new punch lists, conducted site management training on products, and obtained final signoff and close out.
- Saved hundreds of thousands of dollars by negotiating payment and pricing reductions, and by mediating and resolving pre-existing issues pertaining to projects.
- Dramatically improved relationships between IT organization and site management.
- Reduced software wait times by developing and leading a project to improve network performance for mission critical business systems at multiple locations.
- Designed and implementing wireless systems retooling project to provide increased wireless coverage for business-critical remote data terminals.
Confidential, San Pedro, CA
IT Project Manager
- Reduced costs by leading migration from US-based to India-based outsourced helpdesk provider.
- Directed installation of intra-building campus fiber optic network for improved network bandwidth and application speed improvements.
- Oversaw several infrastructure upgrades from legacy equipment to state of the art networking, building battery backup systems (UPS), server room A/C systems and building wiring plant refits.
- Planned and led Cisco IP phone system project for branch offices.
- Enhanced project quality and performance by implementing PMI best practices and methods, including project planning, risk and quality management, and change control.
- Led project to introduce SAN storage into the datacenter environment in order to create SQL server clusters and consolidate data in the datacenter.
- Turned around and completed several failing business critical IT projects.
- Streamlined technician workload by reengineering processes for configuration of wireless data terminals.
- Achieved labor costs by redesigning campus network infrastructure and implementing hot standby networking equipment.