35 years diversified experience in Restaurant & Hotel Food Operations, S ales and Management.
Digital Dining & Micros POS Systems, Microsoft Office, Visual Studio, Access DatabaseWindows Applications, M3 Accounting System, and Open Table
Confidential, Springfield Hilton, VA
- Provide superior customer service while operating below budgeted costs for food, beverage and controllables.
- Direct daily operations so as to be in compliance with Hilton and Houlihans service standards, training, food preparation and presentation specifications and established corporate guidelines.
- Perform accounts payable duties for Houlihans as well as Hilton banquet department.
- Manage Facebook, Email and other social media advertising.
- Oversee purchasing of all food, beverage and controllable products.
- Train and develop FOH, BOH and Management staffs to increase productivity, augment sales, raise check average and promote repeat clientele.
- Arrange menus and contract details for all private parties held in one of (3) private dining rooms.
- Develop printed materials such as menus, table tents, and local and in house advertising.
- Awarded Hiltons “Most Improved Food and Beverage Operation in the Americas for Hotels under 500 Rooms”
- Served as Food & Beverage lead on transition team for newly acquired Holiday Inn, Warren PA
- Served as Food & Beverage lead on transition team for newly acquired Hotel Sutter, Sutter Creek, CA
Interim General Manager
Confidential, Front Royal, VA
- Maintained highest standards in service, while maintaining stringent cost controls during GM search
- Adhered to all Holiday Inn and Houlihans guidelines for breakfast, lunch and dinner service
- Developed & trained staff according to Holiday Inn and Houlihans standards of service.
- Purchased all food and beverage products to be compliant with corporate specifications.
- Reduced Labor and Operating Costs while consistently providing outstanding customer service.
- Implemented Menu revisions to maximize sales while tailoring to local clientele.
- Oversaw Banquet food preparation.
- Performed weekly inventories and calculated, food, beverage and labor costs
- Performed bi - weekly payroll duties.
Confidential, Centreville, VA
- Managed daily breakfast, lunch, dinner and closing shifts.
- Implemented new Happy Hour to increase repeat clientele while increasing sales
- Developed FOH staff, increased secret shopper scores and increased check average.
- Ordered all beverage products and performed weekly/monthly beverage inventories.
- Assisted with staff training and opening of Grand Lodge restaurant at Brian’s Head, UT
Confidential, Manassas, VA
Beverage Manager, FOH Manager, Kitchen Manager
- Effectively managed in a changing environment. Skills include leadership, planning, developing policies, delegation, and tracking performance against measurable goals.
- Placed primary importance on delivering superior customer service.
- Reduced food and beverage operating costs.
- Utilized Micros computers for daily operations.
- Rolled out monthly menu additions and deletions.
- Performed four daily line checks to insure health code adherence and quality control
- Trained and developed FOH and BOH staffs to increase sales and follow corporate guidelines.
Confidential, Washington, DC & Tysons Corner, VA
- Directed all areas of operations for two multimillion dollar units to ensure corporate goals were achieved:
- Managed daily operations to ensure highest guest satisfaction,
- Controlled P&L, A/R and A/P responsibilities through setting financial goals and managing budgets
- Articulated ideas clearly and concisely and adjusted the message to reach the audience
- Administered all computer hardware and software including integrations with Digital Dining software
- Designed and produced promotional materials including corporate web site, advertising, sales brochures, radio and televised announcements, point-of-sale and direct-mail collateral
- Directed purchasing for all food, beverage and supplies and negotiated contracts with national distributors.
- In charge of all banquet/catering sales and menu planning