- Focused Senior Network and Security Engineer with 20+ years experience in design and implementation of technology systems across multiple architectures.
- Demonstrated ability to provide top level converged solutions utilizing virtualization and communications paths, with proven ability to provide top tier technology infrastructure at an effective cost.
- Substantial background in system and network security; including incident response, collection, forensics analysis and investigations providing custom turnkey security solutions.
- Senior collaborator with in - depth knowledge of government and commercial markets while fostering and retaining results driven technical teams.
Confidential, Herndon, VA
- Assisted in bringing AI driven security analytics product to market.
- Provided pre and post sales engineering support for foreign and domestic government agencies
- Responsible for heading troubleshooting and forensic analysis for all Confidential ' assets.
- Provided Systems support to Cisco UCS systems comprising of VMware, Hadoop, Cloudera and Puppet.
- Provided Network support for Cisco, Meraki and Arista network and security products.
- Managed DNS, IP Management, domain and security certificates for all company assets.
Confidential, Tyson’s Corner, VA
- Infrastructure Solution Architect to the Portfolio Management team in Confidential ’s contract in support of the Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board (FRTIB) for over 4.5 million participants worldwide.
- Evaluated and recommend technologies that best fit business and IT strategic needs.
- Ensures consistent use of IT enterprise architecture strategy, framework and supporting processes.
- Engaged with upper management, client and project stakeholders to understand system requirements.
- Translated complex concepts and solutions to non-technical audiences for financial services solutions.
- Assumes a leadership role in ensuring technical compliance with engineering designs and solutions.
- Lead task order proposal response activities related to IT infrastructure topics including technical solutions, project plans, and task estimation.
Confidential, Chantilly, VA
Director of Engineering
- Charged with design, implementation and maintenance of a global IP software defined network (SDN) based on VMware NSX platform providing technical leadership for infrastructure to support Net Abstraction Systems and supporting platforms
- Data security lead for providing digital audit, incident response and forensic investigations
- Led team providing data anonymization and security services for multiple industries and government agencies
- Evaluated various technologies and vendors for cost, performance and resilience in order to provide cost effective solutions. Provided in-depth knowledge of network and system architecture across multiple vendor relations (Cisco, Juniper, HP, Arista, Palo Alto, etc.), on routing, switching, firewall, load balancers, data center, inter-data center technologies, and SDN architectures.
- Technical lead of the network infrastructure team within company for 24/7 network operations, datacenter and cloud expansions providing a resilient and stable hybrid platform
- Optimized solutions, addressed operational scalability, redundancy, efficiency and time to market by incorporating SDN concepts into the shared network infrastructure
- Effectively present detailed technical specifications for network architect around SDN concepts to both technical and non-technical management teams
- Defined, documented, maintained and managed a fully redundant, cost affective & high performing network standards for: Internet connectivity, inter-data center connectivity, core switching infrastructure, access and distribution infrastructure, firewall and load balancer infrastructure, network security architecture
Confidential, Miami, FL
Senior Network Architect
- Analyzed business needs and provided technical expertise, strategic planning and recommendations to executive management for new technologies and network applications
- Designed and maintained critical global infrastructure for global IP/MPLS network
- Managed teams operating Terremark’s global IP network infrastructure and Federal Networks
- Ensured consumer demands were being met by communicating effectively with the Service Delivery and Sales/Marketing teams
- Responsible for flow analysis, setting routing policies ( Confidential and Confidential ), peering policies, and acceptable use policies
- Designed, maintained and ran advanced network prototype lab including equipment from numerous vendors such as Cisco, Juniper, Lucent, Glimmerglass, Brocade, Force10, Cloudshield, Packet Design and Arbor Networks
- Provided third level support for NOC and Network Engineers to resolve issues
- Managed public and private Peering Exchanges
Confidential, Alexandria, VA
Field Service Representative
- Built and maintained 10000 SQFT data center for Confidential client
- Provided end user support and on site hardware repair down to the component level on various workstations, servers and video telecommunications systems
- Responsible for the image load of base line software and hardware configuration for future deployable systems
- Complied with contract terms by ensuring systems were communicating and running within specifications of the Service Level Agreement
- Responsible for the inventory and disposal of legacy systems/hardware using government regulations
Confidential, Seal Beach, CA
Field Service Representative
- Served as Europe and Middle East Regional Representative
- Responsible for the installation and operations of SunOS/Unix and Microsoft computers, to include a variety of commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) and proprietary software for complex tactical intelligence systems
- Configured software and repaired hardware under strict time constraints in order to meet the requirements of national operational plans
- Configured two different firewall systems to provide information systems security
- Provided phone and location support to multiple sites and taught operators in formal and informal classes how to use, configure and deploy their systems and to communicate with a varied array of multilevel and associated systems
- Created and implemented scripts to suit operational needs, providing easier means of using the system and to conduct non-standard communication needs
Confidential, Fort Bragg, NC
Network Engineer/Systems Administrator/Counter-Intelligence Analyst
- Provided operational, communications and maintenance support to the All Source Analysis System, the Communications Control System, and Single Source Enclave
- Reduced the down time of vital network links by constructing operation publications that enhanced the efficiency of internal communication structures
- Conducted data backup and recovery operations on UNIX and Microsoft servers
- Seamlessly loaded, trained, and integrated Warlord Notebook, a Linux based system, throughout the Division's operations
- Conceptualized and wrote the requirements for information systems that were integrated into a standard operation procedure.