- Highly successful Information Technology Professional with a proven track record in development of formidable process efficiencies.
- Experienced interfacing with Senior Management; recognized ability for establishing and maintaining effective working relationships across cross - functional teams, while building strategic relationships. Excellent analytical skills with the ability to quickly analyze, research, develop, and implement sound solutions.
- Oversaw a team of Project Managers and Scrum Masters that managed projects within a portfolio spanning over 40 active initiatives with a combined budget expenditure exceeding $50M, as well as an additional 60 initiatives in queue with a staff of Project Managers and Scrum Masters.
- Actively oversaw all PMO staffed projects, for Issues, Risks, Decisions, and potential timeline slippages, ensuring all projects would meet the current approved schedule, budget and scope. Continuously monitor other efforts which may adversely affect the PMO Project Portfolio.
- Designed, built, and implemented Project Portfolio Governance processes to meet organizational needs.
- Created an Agile to Waterfall Roadmap as the organization launched Agile Software Development to assist by what means Agile would fulfill regulatory/compliance examinations.
- Coached and mentored Project Managers as well as responsible for determining and planning career path goals and objectives.
- Successful hands-on approach to team building, team leadership, and relationship building.
- Responsible for ensuring that all audits of the PMO Office, the Project Management Process, and the SDLC methodology would pass satisfactorily.
- Revised the Project Management and SDLC as teams progressed along Organizational Maturity paths.
- Assigned complete ownership of Project Management process updates, including maintenance of templates, websites, documentation, and training materials.
- Established metrics to identify and track root cause of project variances.
- Enhanced the SDLC methodology to reference non-SDLC activities, establishing compliance with business, IT, Information Security, and regulatory requirements.
- Designed the Project Management and SDLC to pass stringent regulatory/compliance examinations; establishing the processes be part of annual audit reviews by internal and external examiners.
- Managed the implementation of a Lawson Open Enterprise project; the project was completed one-month prior to the go-live-date. The project scope included designing and configuring the Lawson Open Enterprise application based upon current best practices, with the ability to be flexible to corporate changes.
- Established varies mechanizes to provide Project Reporting including: Daily Standups, Weekly Project Team Meetings, Monthly Project Stakeholder Meetings, Project Sponsor Meetings, Senior Management Top Project Review Meetings.
- MS Office, MS Project, Visio, Outlook, PowerPoint, Project Portfolio Tools
- Agile (Scrum)
- Lean Six Sigma
Senior Consultant/Program Manager/Project Manager
Confidential, Richfield, MN
- Updated Corporate Project Management and System Development Polices to adhere to regulatory requirements.
- Reviewed all corporate business areas Project Management and System Development procedure to ensure procedures met corporate polices.
- Assisted business areas with updating procedures to meet corporate polices.
- Audited Project Management process to certify they followed procedures. Improved one process from a compliance of 23% to 93% within three months.
- Prepared program financial plans for two future programs totaling over $20 million in expenditures.
- Project Manager - responsible for a $1.3 million project; implementing a new enterprise compliance query tool.
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
- On a project-by-project basis provided support and supervision to all PMO team members.
- Accountable for ensuring that an adequate number of Project Managers, Project Coordinators, and Scrum Masters were available to fill staffing needs (permanent staff and contractors). Responsible for hiring all staff and acquiring contract staff.
- Worked with the Project Managers to ensure they were effectively working in close cooperation with IT and Business Partners, to deliver successful projects.
- Coached and mentored Project Managers and Sponsors on "Risk Escalation / Risk Mitigation Strategies".
- Worked directly with Business and IT Senior Management; escalating Risks, Decisions and Timeline issues.
- Engineered a Project Manager capacity/assignment process; which, established a best fit from a project size, complexity, and skillset. Additionally, consider the best fit from a strategic value of the effort.
- Created a WEB based training, allowing new staff the ability to review the Project Management and SDLC methodologies, providing a foundation in advance of the next formal training session.
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
- Implemented a formal Project Management processes based on the Project Management Institutes PMBOK® Guide, best practices. Produced, for use in conjunction with each process, a series of standardized templates (tools) allowing for a consistent use among all staff.
- Lead the transition of Project Management Best Practices and process changes in a matrix environment.
- Developed the formal SDLC (System Development Life Cycle) Waterfall Methodology; which, all Systems and Programing development efforts were mandated to adhere to. Devised the SDLC methodology to meet the future vision of the Application Development Teams, allowing the teams to mature within the process.
- Developed and provided training for new Information Technology Staff, Internal Business Partners, Project Stakeholders, and Projects Managers on Project Management and SDLC Methodologies, processes, tools and templates.
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
- Responsible for the planning, leading and change management activities around projects, systems changes and technology improvements; specifically, the planning, implementation and tracking of long-term projects from conception to implementation.
- Developed project plans, milestones and ensured projects were delivered on time, on budget and on quality.
- Finance Focused Initiatives: Determined roles and responsibilities of project staff; worked collaboratively with finance senior management, finance staff, and consultants, to ensure assignments were appropriately distributed.
Confidential, Brooklyn Park, MN
- Promoted to the Financial Controller from a Financial Analyst of a $100 million organization.
- Developed and implemented accounting procedures, reducing the monthly close process to five business days or fewer.
- Within 3 months reduced the Accounts Receivable Collection days outstanding from 180 days to 45 days
Confidential, Mendota Heights, MN
- Prepared and presented to the Board of Directors financial statements, annual financial plans, current and long-term cash flow projections, variance reports and forecast reports.
- Eliminated Federal and State payroll fines and penalties; by converting the payroll process.