IT management professional, who started as a PC Tech, worked his way up the ladder, while completing advanced educational and career goals. Offering 20,000 hours of HANDS ON experience developing and managing customized IT Portfolios, Network Operation Centers (NOC), Security Incident Event Monitoring (SIEM) and Threat Intelligence Platform(TIP) solutions to maintain, monitor and respond to customers’ unique portfolio needs. More than 7000 hours of Project Management utilizing agile, scrum and waterfall methods to support a wide variety of technical projects.
- Project/Portfolio Management
- Network Research and Design
- Enterprise Wide Implementations
- Compliance Attestation
- Customer Engagement
- CXO level Reporting
- Agile, Scrum, Waterfall
- MS Project, Share Point
- PMBOK, Gantt Charts, WBS
- CA PPM, JIRA, Strategic Planning and Budgeting, CAPEX, OPEX
- ITIL, NIST, COBIT
- DRP, BCP, DLP
- 3rd Party Controls
- Event Management
- Business Analyst
- Cross - Functional Supervision
- Team Building & Mentoring
- Client Relations
- SOX, HIPPA, PCI
- ANY IT SOFTWARE
- Cloud Network Design
- Active Directory 00-17
- Group Policies
- DNS, WINS, DHCP
- Win Installer Packages
- Servers NT-2016
- Exchange 5.0-2012
- Event Management Tools
- ID & Access Management
- Firewalls, Edge devices
- Server Migrations
- VMware, Hyper V
- DLP, DRP, BCP
- Endpoint Security Controls
- Remote Desktop Support
- Desktop Management
- IoT, M2M
- Secured Wireless
- Wireless LOS/NLOS
- Basic Scripting
- VPN, VLAN
- Printer Management
Sr Security Program Manager
Confidential, St. Louis, Mo
- Managing a nationwide team utilizing $15M budget
- Baseline incident response processes and improve
- Verify, improve event and incident response processes.
- Utilize NIST framework to validate compliance through all event resolutions.
- Oversee Multiple projects across all phases of development
- Reducing post merger vendor cost; while increasing SLAs
- Develop status reports, cost estimates and resource planning
- Focus on Governance, Risk and Compliance processes
- Make vital decisions and drive decision making across projects
CIO/CISO/IT Project Director
Confidential, Belleville, Il
- 2006-2016 Manage $1.5M/yr. IT portfolio for multiple government clients.
- Secured $6M in sales and projects while preserving an A+ rating w/BBB since 2006.
- Provided leadership vision for a 20 man operational support team while guiding multiple contractors for project support and supplies. 7000 hrs using a variety of project management methodologies.
- Have managed the installation/upgrade of Exchange 5.0, 5.5, 2003, 2007, 2010, Office 365
- Upgraded state clients from Lotus/Domino/IMAP platforms to Exchange/Office 365.
- Directed more than 40 WAN Migration/upgrade Projects NT, 2000, 2003, 2008, 2012, Hybrid-cloud.
- Upgraded clients to Cloud services; Managed Help desk, O365, MIM, SaaS and PaaS
- Lead SDLCs/HDLCs from 2000-2017, including compliance and governance enhancements
- Performed risk assessments, security audits and training to define DLP, BCP and DRP. .
- Passed FBI, CJIS, PCI and HIPPA compliance audits for 4 different clients 6 years straight.
- Implement, maintain and audit customized Network Operations (NOC) and Security Incident and Event and Monitoring (SIEM) metrics using ITIL, COBIT, ISO Frameworks.
- Implemented and maintained end point management software tools to install, configure and maintain more than 100 managed firewalls, routers and edge devices, including 16 years of HDLC
- Advanced understanding of TCP/IP, routing, switching, cryptography, data security, network security, system security and the security lifecycle.
- Directed at least 100 WAN/LAN network upgrades and specialized technologies projects.
- Experience securing Cisco infrastructure, Windows/Linux operating systems, Citrix, Exchange, VMware/Hyper-V, web architecture, database environments, and Cloud Infrastructure (Azure).
- Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols.
- Heavily influenced the scope of client services thru vendor negotiations, purchasing, staffing, warranty, deliverables, and presentations to summarize projects with stockholders.
- Won state bid to provide supplies to State of Illinois.
- Delivered multiple client specific Security Event and Incident Monitoring, training and IT policies to limit risk and develop documented BCP/DRP to comply with industry standards.
- Tested, verified event and incident response processes.
- Maintained a 99.9% network uptime for all customers.
Confidential, NYC, NY
- Analyzed and developed top 5 resolutions for top 30 work stoppage events.
- Developed 168 hour training class for new system engineers.
- Wrote 150 detailed processes to resolve the top 30 issues.
- Tested event and incident response processes.
- Verified event and incident response processes.
- Verified SOX and GLBA compliance was maintained thru all event resolutions.
- Reduced overall incident event response time by 200%.
- Reduced overall incident event resolution time by over 300%.
- Increased overall client satisfaction by 100%.
- Worked with multiple teams to eliminate ever lapping processes.
- Reported to senior leadership on progress and approval of orientation goals.
- Complimented by senior staff for project operation and delivery.