Versatile problem - solver with 10+ years of project management experience at major companies ( Confidential, Confidential, Confidential, Confidential, Confidential, Confidential & Confidential, Confidential ) in a variety of industries (Financial, Publishing, Government, Legal, Advertising), with previous experience as a developer and technical consultant. I have demonstrated the ability to get up to speed quickly on new assignments and work effectively with stakeholders and diversified teams on Web, DB, API/SOA, and Infrastructure projects, mentoring when needed, routinely improving internal tools and processes for reporting and control in flight. Equally adept with Agile, Waterfall, or Hybrid methodologies, I maintain a constant focus on quality, with particular attention to Risk mitigation, and structure Win-Win approaches to resolving conflicts within and between teams to achieve objectives on time and within budget.
- Agile and Waterfall Methodologies
- Full Software Development Life Cycle
- Stakeholder Relationship Management
- Effective Meeting Facilitation
- Requirements/Backlog Management
- Microsoft Office Pro with Project, Visio, VBA
- QA Test Planning, Traceability, and Execution
- Business Process Improvement
- Taxonomy & Metadata
- Budgeting and Forecasting
- JIRA & Confluence
- Business Analysis
- Content Management
- Database Design/SQL
Project Manager / Analyst / JIRA Specialist
- Advisor to Director of NYPACE, a New York based non-profit organization, on various IT initiatives.
- Currently working on enhancement of web site forms and integration with Pipedrive CRM.
- Implementing JIRA for project and task management.
Project Manager / Scrum Master / Agile Coach
- Coached PMO Manager and BI team on Agile principles and created JIRA project for implementation of a Confidential integrated with Workday associated planning tools.
- Developed highly customized Scrum workflow to support current development process stages to minimize disruption and automate transition to Kanban release management workflow.
- Instituted series of Sprints per Scrum approach (Sprint Open, daily standup, Sprint Close, and Retrospective.
- Created Excel Epic/Story Feature Mapping workbook to facilitate Backlog Refinement and create/update issues via VBA and JIRA REST API.
- Brought on board to supplement Global PMO team to manage one-off technical projects and assist with Workday implementation.
- Successfully implemented enhancement to SFTP process for transmission of bank records, upgrade of Citrix client and Storefront UI for remote logins, and OfficeSpace system upgrade with Workday integration per Waterfall methodology which entailed creation of Project Charter, MS Project and Workfront project plans, BRD, Architecture reviews, QA and UAT test plans, deployment plan, Lessons Learned.
- Assisted Lead PM during Workday implementation phase with project plan updates, drove status meetings to update punch-list of deliverables by work stream, coordinated activities with implementation vendor.
Project Manager / Scrum Master
- Hired by a diversified insurance product, technology, and services company with 140+ employees to bolster the Project Management team and implement scalable, Agile-friendly processes to improve productivity and control based on JIRA and Confluence, worked with CTO on implementation of Aha Portfolio management tool and other process initiatives.
- Managed Infrastructure projects to migrate client data centers leading to creation of a Disaster Recovery site utilizing a combination of Windows/Linux servers running IIS, Apache, NGINX system software and software development projects to enhance Decision Support Services software for in-house and client use, based on JS and .NET application software.
Project Manager / Scrum Master / JIRA Specialist
- Joined PMO to formalize Agile methodology for managing development of Reinsurance-related applications, defined JIRA-based framework and coached colleagues on its use in Backlog Refinement and Sprints, created JIRA projects and customized workflows for client-facing web initiatives.
- Managed multiple projects from, initiation to completion, to enhance graphical risk analysis application and infrastructure updates. Performed all aspects of Informatica project initiation (justification, budget approval, vendor selection, SOW and project plan) before transition to Agile Construction phase.
- Side projects include creation of Staff Forecast/Expense system in Excel/Access, adopted PMO-wide for resource allocation and expense tracking/forecasting, and Kanban project/workflow for Service Desk incident tracking linked to applicable development projects.
Project Manager / Analyst
- Joined consultant team led by acting CIO and Agile evangelist at retail energy distribution company to restore critical IT functionality after failures resulting from changes to third party service providers. Initial efforts involved implementation of JIRA-based ticketing system in Operations and Customer Care departments to manage data-related issues raised by partner brands and MLM sales associates then coordinated root cause analysis efforts with service providers/developers.
- Managed projects to fix data and process anomalies to restore sales and market activity reports for C-Level management.
Technical Business Analyst / Scrum Master
- Joined team enhancing company’s Learning Management Systems with new cloud-hosted functionality based on new NoSQL DB and new Metadata/Ontology model.
- Used Agile process for Product Backlog development and refinement, API design, Metadata/Ontology modeling.
- Worked with Architect, Taxonomist, and Developers to create Proof of Concept learning ontology using my SPARQL queries of triplestore database.
Project Manager / Analyst
- Joined new, startup organization within Chase Card services to create pre-paid discount sales site in conjunction with external development vendor as PM to create project plan, task-oriented planning/tracking system, test plans and defect tracking process, and creation of external support center for customer and merchant support.
- Developed Access/SharePoint system to manage sales leads after consolidating and de-duping Excel worksheets.
- Developed Access/SharePoint system for Sales, Marketing, and Operations to support workflow to track deals.
Project Manager / Scrum Master
- Joined in-progress development effort to create commercial products that leveraged AP’s intellectual property and infrastructure in AWS Cloud and Mashery API platform. Performed dual role, as PM to create project plan and Capex budget and reporting process, as Scrum Master for daily standup and other Agile ceremonies engaging onshore and offshore resources from Taxonomy, Engineering, and QA groups.
- Improved Sprint Planning, Scrum, Backlog refinement processes by enhancing standard TFS Iteration Backlog workbook to deploy multiple beta iterations and final version on schedule.
Project Manager / Scrum Master / Analyst
- Reported to the CIO and VP/Director of Internet Development for a major publisher of trade magazines engaged in transformation of Print to Digital media to reboot stalled project to enhance Natural Products web site. Quickly analyzed factors contributing to failure of initial project to create Company/Product Directories and Comparison site features by designing a new approach to development and achieving consensus among all stakeholders.
- Created project plan, gathered requirements, wrote specifications, designed DB and UX for e-commerce, managed update of Drupal Taxonomy and codebase, selected development vendors, performed daily scrums with offshore/onshore resources and QA testing of new e-Commerce functions to go live in time for reveal during major trade show.
Project Coordinator / Business Analyst
- Reported to Head of Global HR as Liaison to Senior Management and R&D IT department during planning of PeopleSoft Headcount & Compensation Control System development and other company-wide development projects. Created innovative worksheet to define initiatives and timelines, later adopted by President’s Office to consolidate efforts from non-HR groups. After planning effort was completed, moved on to assist HR department heads with a series of projects involving PeopleSoft, SharePoint, Excel/Access/VBA, Confluence, and in-house tools.
- Created Succession Planning reporting system to transform data from PeopleSoft into book-length report for CEO, President, and major shareholder.
- Created Compensation Benchmarking system to provide suite of reports with compensation recommendations for heads of business units based on multiple data feeds (internal employee compensation and performance assessment, external industry benchmarks).
- Other projects included Analysis of Diversity, Flexible Work Arrangement Tracking, High Performance Employees.
Project Manager / Business Analyst / Content Management System Architect and Developer
- Managed project to migrate and transform Content Management and DB systems and Print Production facility from Confidential Asset Management after its acquisition by Confidential and the follow-up project to optimize the initial implementation.
- Developed high-level strategy for migration and breakdown of effort into multiple concurrent projects, achieved consensus with major stakeholders, created project plans, executed, and delivered before deadline announced by Chairman.
- Performed Analysis and Development tasks to define requirements, technical architecture, automated workflows, and UI for inputs then guided Java and Oracle developers during data and content transformation phase of migration.
- Implemented customized Production Job Tracking system for Print Marketing group after review of off-the-shelf systems, system selection, and coordination with Legal, Procurement, and Finance for proper integration with PeopleSoft.
- As CMS Lead, worked on additional projects to provide advanced support for web content requests, creation of Web Master Document Library, syndication workflows, Broker/Dealer portal, and design of Sales & Marketing Automated CMS system.
VP / Content Management System Architect / Project Manager
- Managed several projects that successfully extended functionality of the TeamSite CMS (Knowledge Center, Metadata tagging, PDF generation of Research reports) utilizing onshore and offshore staff.
- Improved productivity with innovative utility for deploying assets to UAT & Production and collaboration with Zephyr product manager to produce production-ready graphics and charts.
CMS Architect / Developer
- Led small in-house staff in rollout of Interwoven TeamSite 6.1 content management system to manage web site content.
- Created wireframes, developed datacapture templates, and enhanced OpenDeploy configurations needed to manage site and implemented workflow for content approval.
Team Lead / Project Manager / Architect / Developer
- As Leader of Content Management team in the project that built the 311 Call Center for the Confidential, I developed the WBS for integration into Confidential ’s master Project Plan, managed the team, provided updates and status reports for PMO, and deployed version 1.0 to Production ahead of schedule.
- As Architect of the TeamSite Content Management System and Developer, designed overall system, created templates and workflows used to capture content and deploy to Siebel call center system, developed cost-saving scripts to bulk load and post content directly from BA worksheets, created custom content search feature and Oracle DB, configured MetaTagger to generate metadata from content.