- Over 8 years of extensive experience as a IT Project Manager and Project Coordinator
- Expert knowledge in traditional and agile project management methodologies and software development life cycles (SDLC) such as Waterfall, RUP, Scrum, and Kanban.
- Experienced with Project planning activities like Cost estimation, creating charters, finding requests, creating Project schedules, WBS.
- Experienced in working with Sr Executives, Stake holders and multiple teams.
- Experienced in conducting GAP analysis, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), SWOT analysis, Risk Analysis and mitigation plan, Cost benefit analysis, and ROI analysis.
- Experienced in understanding database structures and write SQL.
- Experienced with Agile, RUP and waterfall SDLC methodologies.
- Experience with lotus notes in processing data and storing it.
- Excellent knowledge in MS Project 2010 - 2013, Excel-Pivot tables, graphs and MS PowerPoint
- Informational understanding of relational database
- Strong knowledge on SharePoint and Change management
- Work with client departments to configure and maintain SharePoint site collections, document libraries, lists, and site pages
- Detailed knowledge of commercial and personal P&C insurances, reinsurance, TPA (Third Part Associates)
- Work with client departments to configure and maintain SharePoint site collections, document libraries, lists, and site pages
- Knowledge of Claims and Policy systems like Insurity(EPIM), Gain, XM, WINS (CCWINS, SRWINS, NPWINS), Beeline,
- Served as the SharePoint project lead responsible for organizing, directing, and managing all aspects of requirements support functions across multiple projects
- Experience with developing RACI charts, Communication Plans, and Project Charters
- Comprehensive understanding of the Organizational Framework that help to map the AS-IS and TO-BE model using the GAP Analysis and plan & monitor effective approach to build/buy solutions to the business problems/needs/opportunities.
Confidential, Madison, WI
Sr IT Project Manager
- Part of Sr IT leadership team, managed multiple High complexity IT projects from Inception to completion
- Estimated and planned complete project Lifecycle for 12 Projects ranging from 5000Hr to 11000Hr of work and successfully executed.
- Expert In managing ETL Projects, managed 4 multimillion dollar ETL projects.
- Managed an Project with 60+ Data marts integration for Sr management reporting managed an interface migration project from PeopleSoft platform to mulesoft platform with over 200 interfaces with extreme complexity and criticality. worked Closely with Sr Executives for Governance, project planning, Project estimations, Funding Approvals, Reviewing Statement of work, Vendor management, etc. created Several project reports, financial reports, weekly status decks, for Sr Executives
- Created and managed project Schedules (MS Project) for multiple projects. hosted and participated JAD sessions with Business, IT, vendors, for Planning and governance purposes.
- Experienced with Projects for system (application modernization, upgrade, integration)
- Created project schedules and tracked milestones and other critical paths in Microsoft Project.
- Managed Multiple project finances with 100% accuracy and work with PMO reps for Coordinating contract approvals and executions.
- Created Project cost forecast with resource breakdown and sow milestone tracking.
- Created Project charters, WBS, Estimates, Cost forecast, funding requests and other Project planning related documentation.
- Created budgetary reports project budgets for several multimillion dollar projects. worked Closely with Test leads, Development leads, UAT testers, DBA's for achieving the project Milestones and deliverables.
- Managed and tracked Project Actuals VS forecast both Finances and Deliverables.
- Managed Onshore and Offshore Teams of 30+ resources.
- Managed and Worked with Multiple teams directly for A&D phase and getting Approvals Prior Execute Phase
- Involved with Architects and Infrastructure teams for getting project designs and environment setups for Planned releases to Production
- Successfully coordinated resolution for various P1 issues impacting development and other deployment activities
- Managed several contract procurements, worked with several departments for completing the process like legal etc.
- Successfully procured and managed contracts with several vendors like Accenture, Mule soft, Syntel, Insurity, etc.
- Worked with Business analysists for development of several artifacts and organizing synch-up sessions
- Created Several documents like Change requests, Financial plans, Project plans, BRD's, resource sheets, for Projects across the boards,
- Defined purpose, clear roles, tasks, milestones, budgets and measures of success have a Lean Agile experience
- Delivered a project with 3 month’s timelines for onboarding 6TPA (third party associates) with over 200 programs and Corporate accounts for creating scorecard reports for Global claims team, resulting in Overall benefit of $40M
- Facilitated Renewed annual contracts for clients directly managed
- Improved documentation of the existing solutions to allow for transparency of scope implemented
- Implemented and managed a weekly executive reporting status for the Insurance practice
Environment: Enterprise Architecture, Business Architecture, MEGA, SharePoint, Lotus Notes, Snagit, Microsoft Office Suite (Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Power Point), Microsoft Project 2010,2013, IBM Cognos11.8, IBM architecture, SAS, Tableau.
Confidential, Bloomington, IL
Senior Project Coordinator/Analyst
- Led, architected, and managed the successful delivery of multimillion dollar solutions for several verticals, particularly, for Mobile, Auto, Fire, Claims, Payments, State Farm Bank, and Customer Experience Insights to gain competitive advantage.
- Experienced in Property and Casualty Insurance, Credit cards, Online transactions, Personal Loans, Commercial Loans, Trade Finance (Letters of Credit), Asset Management, and Portfolio Management
- Maintained Business Architecture artifacts, including Business Processes, Business Capabilities, Business Rules, Business Data Elements, Business Context Diagrams and Role Authorization Models for various products and projects.
- Developed baseline architectures, target architectures, and transition architectures addressing stakeholder concerns and aligning with IT strategy.
- Created customer journey maps, the first of its kind in the company and coordinated the effort.
- Assisted with coordination and management of multiple projects with traditional and agile project methodologies.
- Worked with governance and enterprise architecture teams to coordinate and enhance enterprise architecture governance and deliverable quality.
- Provided guidance to project team with all stages of system development life cycles, industry standards and best practices.
- Managed multiple projects while maintaining constant communication with the relevant stakeholders and technical teams.
- Worked closely with technical architects, application architects, developers, test managers, business stakeholders, and project managers to achieve project objectives.
- Gathered requirements from the Product Owner, Quality managers and developed the product backlog, created sprint backlog & managed User stories along with the Product Owner.
- Worked with Business Intelligence teams to capture KPIs and Web analytics data.
- Analyzed and visualized the customer insights data using SAS and Tableu to identify new opportunities.
Environment: Enterprise Architecture, Business Architecture, MEGA, SharePoint, Lotus Notes, Snagit, Microsoft Office Suite (Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Power Point), Primavera, SAS, Tableau.
Confidential, Boston, MA
BA / PM
- Interviewed SMEs and Stakeholders to get a better understanding of client business processes and gather business requirements.
- Created use case scenarios and documented work flow and business process using MS Visio.
- Maintained a E mail database for adding and manipulation information with others.
- Experience with lotus notes document repositories.
- Gathered and documented business requirements for existing and future business systems.
- Created various business process flows and done re- engineering
- Worked in Agile methodology.
- Experience retrieving CICS logs and DB in Mainframe to check for errors.
- Experience with JCL/CICS for calculating working units.
- Helped with building ICD 9 to ICD 10 crosswalk map by grouping thousands of codes and ranges in Clinical, Benefits, Financial, and Medical policy waves
- Analyzed and tested various Common Eligibility Outbound Interface Process and other Inbound/ Outbound Facets interfaces.
- Acted as a liaison between business staff and technical staff to articulate needs, issues and concerns.
- Analyzed current MMIS and EDI claims and documented the requirements to implement new MMIS automated system.
- Defined Functional Test Cases, documented and executed manually using quality center.
- Analyzed trading partner specifications and created EDI mapping guidelines.
- Responsible for Data Manipulation and Data Validation using SQL queries in a MS SQL Server.
- Reviewed EDI companion guides for all payers to ensure compliance, edit integrity and maintain up-to-date list of payer contacts.
- Prepared use cases and data flow diagrams to analyze the impact of ICD 10 diagnosis codes embedded in different systems and applications.
- Gathered and validated inventory of applications, interfaces, and reports that will need to be modified to comply with ICD-10 requirements.
- Written test cases, test scenarios, and prepared test data to conduct the manual testing of EDI files and the mainframe screens.
- Involved in creation and execution of manual test cases in HP quality center and automated Test Cases in QTP and analyzed the Test Results.
- Tested the application manually by executing Test Cases in Quality Centre prior to Automation and Involved in automated testing.
- Performed functional testing with the development team as well as User Acceptance Testing and Regression Testing of the application using Quality center and JIRA for prioritizing defects and assigned it to the developer to fix the bugs.
- Worked on Financial Analysis of DRG shifts from ICD 9 to ICD 10 to avoid any over or under payments to the providers.
- Used General Equivalence Mappings (GEM) to convert ICD 9 to ICD 10
- Developed plan for data feeds and data mappings for integration between various systems, including XML, to follow ICD 10 Code set and ANSI X12 5010 formats
Environment: Agile / SCRUM, MS Office Suite, MS Visio, MS access, SQL, CICS, Quality Center, JIRA, Java Script, Project Management, QTP
Confidential, Tampa, FL
Business Systems Analyst
- Prepared business requirements document (BRD), which involved market risk analysis and credit risk management like continuous time finance& asset pricing and documentation.
- Assisted project manager in conducting GAP analysis and SWOT analysis.
- Facilitated Joint Application Development (JAD) Sessions for communicating and managing expectations.
- Created and modified schedules and notified users through E mails
- Involved to prepare the to TO-BE process flow of the application, using MS Visio.
- Worked on CICS/VSAM RLS for several transactions.
- Used CICS for insurance processes and claims transactions.
- Worked w.r.t Financial markets (Primary, Secondary and Capital Markets), Mutual funds, Derivatives
- Created Use-Cases and Requirements documents to document business needs.
- Enhancing the online customer facing portal application to make it more effective for both customers and business users.
- Managed and tracked Defects using Rational Clear Quest.
- Prepared requirement traceability matrix for tracking the project updates.
- Integrated Hybris and Endeca for the search capabilities for better and faster customer experience
- Worked with various CICS tools CICS Deployment Assistant, CICS Performance Analyzer
- Involved in facilitating requirements elicitation sessions for customer facing MS dynamics CRM (Salesforce) interfaces which led to re-design of customer portal.
- After JAD session worked with development teams to build the collaborative portal and web content management solutions using SPS.
- Functioned on IAM that securely controls the access of AWS cloud (NetIQ).
- Involved to work on account receivable reporting enhancements and reconciliation procedures of bank transactions
- Performed risk analysis with the requirements to identify the key business risk areas for the project and prioritized the application development and testing.
- Successfully managed web analytics, forecasting, supply chain optimization and escalate potential risk for the business.
- Prepared Mockups and Prototyping to present the GUI representation using Balsamiq, Axure
- Involved to work with development teams in controlling and modeling to connect sitecore API’s and custom DB’s
- Used SQL queries to for pulling out files and reports as required for the project upgrade.
Environment: Windows, HL7, Business Objects (BO), Microsoft Office SharePoint, CICS, lotus Notes Agile, Rational Requisite Pro, MS Office, SQL Server 2005, DB2,MS Project, MS FrontPage, MS Access, HP Quality Center.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Coordinated with Business Owner, Application Vendor, Business Project Teams, Payers, and Clearinghouses to bring all processes to a level of execution to mitigate any impact to current revenue flow under the 5010-compliancy requirements
- Facilitated Workshops for requirements analysis
- Working within a growing environment of X 12 4010/5010 HIPAA Transaction Processing 837 I, P, D, 835, 834, 820, 270, 271, 276, 277, 278, EDI, Privacy, Security, and Medicaid.
- Conducted Impact analysis when there is any change in the requirements and updated the Business Requirements Document (BRD), and Systems Requirements Specification (SRS).
- Conducted requirement gathering sessions for MMIS Mainframe Claim processing screens.
- Strong Understanding of State/Commercial Medicaid Claims, Benefit Plans, Claims Payment Cycle, Waiver Programs and Reference
- Knowledge of Laboratory Information Management Systems(LIMS)
- Claims Intake, Medical Management- Utilization Management, Case management, and Provider Reimbursement- Provider Payment.
- Facilitated JAD and JRP sessions with management, development team, users, and other stakeholders to refine functional requirements.
- Used UML for Specifications, Documentation, and Construction of systems.
- Designed and developed Business Rules Document about the Claim Component and HIPPA.
- Created business workflows on the claims module for the client to get a better understanding of the software and prepared a detailed BRD including all functional and non-functional requirements.
- Validated that the system claim scrubber included editing based on the CEM published edits to ensure a positive 999 and 277CA transaction.
- Worked closely on 834 transaction code for Benefit Enrollment and was involved in Validation of HIPAA for 837, 270/271, 276/277,835, 834 EDI transactions.
- Knowledge on Affordable Care Act project.
- Designed robust 5010 testing and 4010 regression SIT and UAT Testing Scripts for the 5010 Project.
- Analyzed the testing results to ensure that the results were in accordance with the Gap Analysis and expected results for 5010 compliance.
- Documented workflows and executed comprehensive testing and training plans to ensure that the new acknowledgement results demonstrated in the 999 and 277CA were properly interpreted and managed to ensure Payer acceptance of the 837 files.
- Took action in the process flow to prevent rejected claims from falling into “limbo”.
- Mitigated claim denial increase through a complete analysis of the application “Claims Scrubber” to ensure 277CA accepted claims would not result in an increase in Denials at the payer adjudication level.
- Identified all risks associated with the project and proposed suggestions for mitigating the identified risk related to the business.
Environment: MS Project, MS Visio, MS Access, MS Excel, MS Word, MS Power Point, Rational Requisite Pro, LIMS, Clear Case, Clear Quest, RUP, MS Share Point, Oracle PL/SQL
Confidential, Baltimore, MD
- Interacted closely with the Business users along with the administration and management to gather business requirements and analyze the functionalities to be incorporated into the system.
- Worked with the ETL development team to migrate the data from the old data mart to the new IDW (Insurance Data Warehouse) and to validate the data integrity.
- Prepared the project status reports and represented the BA team in the PMO meetings.
- Followed the Agile methodology during the entire SDLC.
- Formulated Data Mapping Guide for the technical team.
- Coordinated with system architects and developers to convert business requirements into system requirements.
- Organized JAD and JRP sessions with management, development team, users, and other stakeholders to filter functional requirements
- Conducted meetings to document Change Requests for new requirements.
- Analyzed business requirements and segregated them into Use Cases. Created Use case diagrams and documented Use case specifications.
- Maintained various versions of the documents generated during the project using Rational Clear Case.
- Was responsible for creating and updating project schedule and managing resources and timeline using MS Project.
- Knowledge and experience with Business Intelligence, MS Power BI and Tableau
Environment: RUP, MS Visio, MS Project, MS Office Suite Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, Outlook, Rational Requisite Pro, Clear Case, Oracle, Clear Quest, Oracle SQL, MS SharePoint