- Talented Sr. Certified IBM Cognos/TM1 Administrator and Developer with over 20 years of experience in the field. Background includes SDLC, Data Warehouse and Report Writing with Brio, Cognos, Decision Stream, Reportnet, PowerPlay, Transformer, Impromptu and Cognos Finance.
- Skills also include using IBM Cognos Enterprise Planning Series 7.3 through 8.4, IBM Cognos 8 Studios w/ SDK, Sarbanes Oxley, SOX 404, Cognos 8 & 10.1, 10.2 BI, Framework Manager, Analysis Studio, Data Manager, Event Studio, Query studio, TM1, Impromptu Web Reports (IWR), Access Manager and Server Administration on Cognos 8.4 and IWR servers. Expertise also includes creating SOX reports, knowledge transfer skills and serving as a TM1 Admin, Developer, Architect and Trainer. Datastage, Netezza, Microsoft BI, Tableau, SAP BO
Database/Systems: DB2/400, Oracle, SQL, SQL Server, Microsoft, DB2, UNIX, Windows, Teradata
Development: RPG ILE, RPG III, CLP, COBOL, C/C++, JAVA, Visual Basic 6.0, SYNON/2E, Perl, Sabre Central Command, WebSphere
BI: Cognos PowerPlay, Impromptu and Transformer, Web Reports, Access Manager, Visualizer, Architect, ReportNet, Data Manager, Decision Stream, IBM Cognos Enterprise Planning Series 7.3, 8.3, 8.4 Scorecard, Brio, IBM DataStage, Cognos 8.4, 10.1, 10.2, Cognos Planning TM1, TM1 Admin, TM1 Developer, and TM1 Trainer, TM1 9.5.1, 9.5.2, 10.2 & 10.2, Cognos Adaptive Warehouse, Cognos Analytic Application, Cognos ICM, Microstrategy, Microsoft SSRS/SSIS
Tableau: MySQL, Teradata, Oracle, Qlikview, Informatica, Tableau 6.0, 7.0, 8.0 and 8.1
ERP: Infinium, JBA, JD Edwards, Lawson, Deltek Costpoint, PeopleSoft, Sabre Central Command, IBM DataStage, Netezza Data Architect, Teradata
DW: Cognos, ETL, Informatica, Business Objects, SAP
Confidential, West Lafayette, IN
Sr. Project Manager/Sr. Certified IBM Cognos/TM1 Administrator/Developer
- I have(18) years of experience on Cognos Business Intelligence/Business Analytics software 8.4, 10.1 and 10.2 Full Suite of products
- I have (8) years of experience on Cognos TM1 software. Version 9.4, 10.1 and 10.2
- I have (14) years of experience using Microstrategy10, 9, 8 and 7(Desktop, Web, Intelligence Server, Architect, SDK, Narrowcast Server).Focusing on Microstrategy, Data warehouse and Business Intelligence application tools.
- Experienced in various project management methodologies like Sprint, Agile, SCRUM and Water Fall based.
- Developed in - depth understanding of underlying ERP LN data and business uses to ensure BI solutions and reports meet customer’s needs to bring data into Cognos Models
- Part of team that was responsible for Configuration and Support the Distribution/Manufacturing LN module
- Support key users for testing and configuration of future Infor LN ERP
- For testing was involved in implementing and configuring LN test companies.
- Supported and helped with designing user profiles and authorizations for all modules of Infor LN.
- Experience in Full life cycle development gathering requirements, documentation, participating in design, development, testing and deploying BI solutions using Cognos and MicroStrategy
- Expertise in creating interactive dashboard Reports and Scorecards to view personalized reports based on user requirements.
- Ability to analyze existing reports & systems and strong experience in gathering reporting requirements.
- Experienced in Data Analysis, Identification of dimensions, Facts, Measures and Hierarchies.
- Experienced in developing Ad-hoc interfaces enabling end-users to generate their own reports.
- Designed and Created Digital Dashboards using Cognos 10.2.2 for internal IBM Executives. Was on UI team using API’s, DoJo, and Java scripts to load the cards on the Dashboards.
- Developed new and support existing Cognos BI reports and Framework Manager models.
- Served as a Cognos subject matter expert and provide Best Practices
- Provided effective technical assistance and analysis with troubleshooting
- Designed actionable, intuitive and aesthetically appealing interfaces and user experiences for a variety of decision support applications that include dashboards, scorecards, mobile applications, and reports.
- I was a cross-organization expert and mentor to your colleagues in the ways of UI and data visualization design.
- Performed UI/Data Visualization assessments and consultative mentoring for our customers and present findings and recommendations in workshop or case-study settings.
- Provided Global overlay support to the field consulting team with respect to interactive and creative aesthetic design components of any and all projects.
- Worked with the product management organization and collaborate with UX team to enhance solutions and service offerings through stunning UI design.
- Collaborated with Sales on customer proof-of-concept design and development activities
- Created and Designed as part of a team the Leadership, Cloud Marketplace KPI and Cloud Dashboards modified Framework Manager Model adding in several Dimensions. Work with Business Analyst and Business users to understand the user requirements, layout, and look and feel of the application to be developed.
- Implement data blending on EMPI databases and generate interactive dashboards.
- Generate Dashboards with Quick filters, Parameters and sets to handle views more efficiently. Publish Workbooks by creating user filters so that only appropriate teams can view it.
- Analyze specifications and identify source data needs to be moved to data warehouse.
- Participate in the Design Team and user requirement gathering meetings.
- Build and publish Tableau reports utilizing complex calculated fields, table calculations, filters, and parameters.
- Understand and analyze the company’s financial projection of past three (3) years by helping the Planning team reevaluate company’s strength, market and competition by improving the reporting system.
- Build cubes, analyze them for forecasting and budgeting.
- Manage team to migrate and upgrade Cognos Products, including Migrating to Cognos 10.1 for BI and EP using ETL tool DataStage running jobs. Perform ETL design and development of a complex nature.
- Use transformer as well as Framework Manager including DMR and advanced SQL programming.
- Understand multidimensionality of the data for designing dimensions and cubes by analyzing and identifying different data sources.
- Create Cognos 10.1 Models and cubes and test and deploy to TEST and then PROD.
- Create Cognos 10.1 advanced Reporting building complex reporting for the business users.
- Create DMR using Framework manager with levels and hierarchies.
- Serve as a Cognos 10.1 Admin, setting up security and tuning Cubes.
- Develop, maintain and manage relational and dimensional relational (DMR) IBM Cognos Framework Manager models and their row level security.
- Work on installation and configuration of Cognos 8 and TM1 on windows server 2003.
- Perform Cognos & TM1 Health checks and tuning and install and configure Data Manager.
- Provide Cognos 8.4.1 to Cognos 10.1 upgrade, move all reports and cubes to Cognos 10.1 and set up security and Performance Tuning.
- Serve as a TM1 Administrator, migrate from Cognos 8.4 to Cognos 10 and train IBM Data Manager, Report Studio, Framework Manager and Transformer.
- Migrate from Cognos Planning to TM1 and create adhoc queries from multidimensional views for analysis.
- Upgrade Cognos 8.4 to Cognos 10 both Cognos BI and EP as well as Cognos Metadata Models and changes to Framework 8.4 to Dimensions.
- Write test plan and manage testing before deploying packages to customers.
- Develop Cubes, Reports and Dashboards using Cognos 8 BI 8.4
- Create Dynamic Reports from Worksheets and Cube views using different functions (DNEXT, DFRST and ELCOMP).
- Create and arrange different TM1 rule statements and perform complex calculations for cubes at N&C levels.
- Participate in user meetings to analyze and prepare the reporting and analysis requirements of users.
- Coordinate with Database team in setting up the required Materialized views, Aggregated and De-Normalized tables for the Reporting and Analysis needs.
- Replicate cubes between servers, sharing data between cubes and linking asymmetrical cubes.
- Create Various Dashboard Reports for different Business Areas based on PowerPlay Cubes and DMR’s.
- Implement Cognos DMR (Dimensional Model) and create reports using Microsoft SSRS for validating Reports after Migration.
- Migrate from Microsoft SSRS and SSAS to Cognos 8 and from Cognos 7 to Cognos 8.
- Provide MDX and SQL and T-SQL development for ETL.
- Spread data in worksheets using Proportional spread method and create drill through processes and drill through assignment rules for analyzing the financial cubes for forecasting.
- Apply TM1 best practices for creating cubes using Turbo Integrator to fine tune the models for the analysis and forecasting.
- Conduct detailed dynamic analysis of the data by creating different views and applied different indicators, calculations using Executive Viewer.
- Develop different analysis scenarios by comparing the input records with cube structures by importing data using processing worksheets.
- Interact with different object security rights by assigning securities to cubes, elements and dimensions.
- Develop dynamic subsets using expression and filter based expressions and monitor and troubleshoot system performance of TM1 servers.
- Create distribution lists, contacts and printers in TM1 application.
- Conduct detailed analysis for all the models related to three (3) years forecasting cycle.
- Develop financial score carding using Metric studio (Cognos 8).
- Work with the business team and Cognos Planning team for implementing different business perspectives.
- Analyze and create dynamic reports on cash flows, balance sheets, budget versus actual assets usage, liquidity, general ledger (budget versus actual).
- Create complex reports involving complex calculations and prompts (Cognos 8).
- Fine-tune queries for performance purpose and enhances the performance cycle using audit logs.
- Administer Cognos TM1 security using LDAP/ Access Manager and monitor the overall performance.
- Publish cubes and reports on Web for forecasting events and prepare documentation to train end users regarding the functionality of each report.
- Maintain IBM Cognos planning models and responsible for all data loads and validation and troubleshooting for the current systems.
- Create modeling in Framework Manger and imported in metadata form a variety of data sources, both relational and dimensional.
- Define all data sources and publish packages.
- Use Cognos SQL to build data sources that are more easily ported between database platforms.
- Support IBM Cognos Express installing, training and support.
- Support Sales and Marketing company by using Cognos 8 BI for reporting.
- Create reports and dashboards and generated reports on as many web site metrics.
- Combine data with client’s financial, product and other key data sources and produce drill-down analytics.
- Track performance across multiple dimensions (Product Sales across multiple regions, multiple quarters, and multiple sales reps).
- Set up custom alerts so business can receive immediate notification when a key metric crosses a critical threshold.
- Use Cognos Transformer to create MDL Modeling using Cognos 8 Data Sources.
- Utilize MDL Model using an IQD Data Source in verb MDL.
- Create Time Dimensions, Product Dimensions, key product measures and populate Models.
- Create power cubes required from the client as well as Metric extracts and object extracts for loading information into Metric Studio.
- Create Metrics Extracts from a power cube and analyze international sales of manufactured products based on the age group of the commodity users by developing relational and multidimensional metadata models with emphasis on performance tuning.
- Develop reports with varied business requirements to help sales analysis.
- Understand and gather prerequisites for Reporting, Modeling and Analysis.
- Work and manage teams on installation and configuration of Cognos applications to develop complete SDLC.
- Analyze and identify different data sources for Cognos 8 and Cognos TM1.
- Create distribution lists, contacts and printers in Cognos Connection.
- Develop Relational and DMR models in Framework Manager with physical and presentation layers to cater various business needs.
- Develop and modify existing cubes inTM1 using Turbo Integrator and Cube Viewer for financial analysis.
- Create links to share the model data with other modelers.
- Include complex queries and calculations in each models and applied data, object, package level securities in Framework Manager.
- Create complex report using Report Studio and ad hoc reports using Query Studio.
- Apply and document best practices for Framework manager to create models and fine tune the models.
- Use IQDs to create cubes and created reports in report studio and analyze financial data for forecasting and budgeting the area sales in TM1.
- Create dynamic reports using Traffic Lights and fine-tune MDX queries for enhancing the cube performance.
- Prepare user manuals and trained end users to adhoc reports using Query
Environment: Cognos 8.3/8.4, 10.1 (Report Studio, Query Studio, Framework Manager,Data Manager), Cognos Series 7 (Powerplay, Powerplay Transformer, PPES), Oracle 10g, SQL Server 2005, Cognos TM19.0, Windows NT
- Migrated Cognos Series 7 catalogs and reports to Cognos 8.
- Developed Complex Reports using multi-dimensional data (mdx) in Report Studio and Analysis Studio.
- Helped and assisted in testing of reports, providing fixes and enhancements.
- Spearheaded design of monthly process including run, maintain and modify Power Play Cube and Reports.
- Led development Team initiatives, utilizing Decision Stream, Power Play Report/Transformer, Impromptu Report, Upfront, Visualizer and Access Manager.
- Effectively met project timelines and objectives and created Score Cards, Dashboards and Key performance Indicators for decision support using Metric Studio.
- Developed reports of varying complexity, including master-detail and drill-down/drill-through reports, multi-level aggregate views/reports applying security to reports and to control user views developing burst reports.
- Developed SQL scripts in SQL server to test data coming from DB2 database to an Oracle database.
- Managed sales, financial and inventory reporting for senior management.
- Modified and processed month end quarter end reports and managed program testing.
- Provided administration production support for daily DW, troubleshoot and creative problem solving.
- Utilized Cognos Decision Stream Series 7 for ETL (Extracting data + populate the data warehouse) supporting the enterprise-wide data warehouses.
- Customized and provided C++ fix Builds and Job Streams on the iSeries.
- Modified SQL 7.0 scripts for the builds and responsible for receiving daily files from financial entities and processing the data into the data warehouse.
- Modified builds and job streams and SQL scripts and published IWR reports and PowerPlay cubes on the portal using Cognos IWR report admin and PowerPlay Enterprise Server.
- Created dimension maps and multidimensional cubes using Impromptu’s Query Definition in PowerPlay Transformer.
- Designed and implemented data cubes using Microsoft OLAP services, Cognos Impromptu and PowerPlay to facilitate executive, management and end user reporting.
- Created reports using Cognos and automated scripts to validate the integrity of the data based on end user needs.
- Documented policies and procedures as well as evaluation of internal controls involving Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Developed forms and procedures for change management process.
- Created an automatic reporting system with MS-Excel tracking changes from requests through production notifying completion to business owners and change manager.
- Flowcharted the CobiT controls for SOX 404 requirements.
- Audit tested SOX requirements with the IT and business team. Implement and trained users on new procedures.
- Performed end-to-end business intelligence initiative to design and develop data warehouse, extraction transformation & load architecture and downstream reporting platform.
- Constructed proof of concept cases to test vendor features and performance using weighted scoring, as well as research industry feedback, in order to select ETL and reporting solutions.
- Used prime method approach to conceptualize, develop and implement optimal data migration and warehouse architecture that best suits specific business needs and priorities.
- Provided hands-on data warehouse experience utilizing Decision Stream.
- Developed Cognos Decision Stream for financial data warehouse.
- Provided Business Intelligence analysis and development in a Data Warehouse environment using Cognos ReportNet and improved company performance for users.
Senior Project Manager/ Business Analyst
- Served as a Project Leader on electronic Distribution of Financial Reports.
- Developed report distribution system with PDF file attachments and created RPGILE service programs.
- Developed and authored an interface to Infinium using WebSphere and JAVA, C++ on the iSeries.
- Used IBM web-facing tool in WebSphere to change and redesign the screens and menus using JAVA and C++.
- Installed WebSphere and configured for iSeries for ALL desktops and laptops Managed modifications and customizations for Human Resource, Payroll, and Financial modules in Infinium Software 10.1.2 Utilize xs tool.
- Designed and developed interface programs using XML, Code400 and WebSphere for production system including proprietary reservations and prospecting system.
- Supported accounts payable, receivable and credit card processing system.
- Maintained Cognos 8 planning models as needed by client also was responsible for all data loads and validation, troubleshooting for the current systems.
- Supported testing and sign off protocol, production system and responsible for all Cognos 8 upgrades.
- Assisted with all changes made to programs and files.
- Modified and authored programs to streamline company’s yearly prospecting process.
- Executed 5 million prospects in DB2 database and uploaded to Oracle from third party.
- Improved processing via new system DAL’s SQL and C++ programs.
- Used Cognos 8 ePlanning applications to support the Travel Industry system.