- Almost 8 years of experience in IT Industry with Atlassian Tools like JIRA working with Complex Workflows.
- Created Projects, Workflows, Custom Fields, Notification Scheme, Permission Scheme, Screens schemes and Issue Type Schemes within JIRA .
- Experience with Jira 6.x and 5.x environments.
- Worked on Confluence, Bamboo, Stash, Bitbucket.
- Worked on Jira groovy scripting language.
- Integrated Hipchat with Jira.
- Migrated Jira across environments and worked on Jira database MYSQL.
- Worked on writing Jira plugin to integrate with Jira.
- Worked on JIRA Agile projects like Creating Scrum/Kanban boards, configured columns, Filters and Reports for Sprints.
- Agile Program management, JIRA - Agile Scrum/Kanban, Bug Cycle management, SDLC design advice using JIRA .
- Experience with Atlassian JIRA installation, administration and maintenance.
- Administration and management of Atlassian tool suites, (installation, deployment, configuration, migration, upgrade, patching, provisioning, server management etc.).
- Knowledge on data center for minimizing the downtime for users.
- Complete Application Lifecycle Management for Atlassian Software Tools which comprise mainly of Confluence which is for project collaboration and JIRA which is for issue tracking and other code review and repository management tools.
- Coordinating and tracking all projects for seamless releases using Project Management System JIRA Source Code Management System SVN.
- Experience in Branching, Merging, Tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like Subversion (SVN), GIT (GitHub) and Clearcase.
- Developed ANT scripts to build and deploy Java web applications and Experience in using frameworks like JUnit for unit testing of the modules, and version control management tools like CVS, Subversion .
- Expertise in using build tools like MAVEN and ANT for the building of deployable artifacts such as war & ear from source code. Application Deployments & Environment configuration.
- Experience working with DHCP/LDAP/NIS/NFS services.
- Experience in using various network protocols like HTTP, UDP, POP, FTP, TCP/IP, and SMTP.
- Software package deployment, disaster recovery/contingency of business management.
- Experience in defining the branching and merging strategies, creating baselines and releasing the code.
- Worked with Database administrators to tune kernel for Oracle installations on Red Hat Linux and Solaris Servers.
- Very good understanding in the concepts and implementation of high availability, fault tolerance, fail over, replication, backup, recovery, Service Oriented Architecture(SOA) and various Software Development Life Cycle(SDLC) methods.
Operating Systems: Red Hat, Fedora, SUSE, Debian, Ubuntu, CentOS, IBM-AIX, Sun Solaris, and HP-UX, Windows - NT/ 2000/2003/2007 Server/XP Pro/Vista/7/8
Hardware: DELL (PowerEdge), HP (ProLiant G7 & G8), IBM BladeCenter Sun-Fire X-series and T-series Enterprise Servers
Tools: ANT, Maven, MS build, Cruise Control, Agile, GIT, Apache HTTP/Tomcat/Jboss, VERITAS Volume Manager, VERITAS Net backup
Languages: Shell scripting, Perl, Python and Ruby
Networking: TCP/IP, NIS, NFS, DNS, DHCP, LAN, FTP/TFTP, SSH, SFTP, GIT, ARP
RDBMS: ORACLE, MySQL, PostgreSQL and MS SQL Server
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
Jira Admin/ Developer
- Served as Jira Migration expert and consolidated Jira, confluence instances.
- Managed multiple cloud and on-prem instances of Jira and confluence.
- Performed consolidation of standalone and cloud Jira, confluence instances for Migration.
- Worked closely with management to implement changes to improve the existing infrastructure for JIRA and Confluence to take the forefront of the new systems.
- Monitored the logs in case of improper functionality of Jira /confluence for exceptions and applied the changes on Jira as per Atlassian KB (considering the type of exception)
- Worked with test management tools such as Zephyr and Qmetry.
- Integrated Google forms, Slack, GitHub Repositories on Jira.
- Migrated Jira Filters, Dashboards, User Groups and Global Entities such as status, Resolutions, Issue Types, Priorities, Issue Link types, Event types.
- Migrated Workflows, Workflow Schemes, Screens and Screen Schemes, Issue type Screen Schemes, Custom Fields, Field Configurations, Notification Schemes and Permission Scheme.
- Recovered the inaccessible Confluence customized theme spaces by applying the Atlassian KB.
- Fixed the incompatible custom plugins version for Jira upgrade with the existing Jira version.
- Developed custom plugin to send emails for form in confluence page.
- Analyzed and recommended the improvement for infrastructure, instance health, add on management for Jira and Confluence.
- Analyze application and system administration tasks, including data backups and scheduled jobs for Jira and confluence.
- Held meetings with the users to explain the functionalities and resolving the issues in Jira and Confluence.
- Created and maintained complex projects, workflows, schemes, screens, fields, queries, reports, and dashboards.
- Provide day-to-day support, administration, maintenance, and enhancement of JIRA for project teams.
- Improved security for new and existing Jira projects by suggesting and implementing the restrictions in permission schemes.
Environment: Jira 7.x, Linux, J2EE, Confluence 5.x/6.x, GIT, UNIX, Ant, Maven, shell, bash, Oracle, Windows/NT.
Confidential, Secaucus, NJ
Jira Developer/ Admin
- Served as Lead Technical resources for Jira Migration and other projects.
- Provided 24*7 support for users.
- Setup configuration for Jira projects, built custom workflows, created additional screens, created new custom fields, created/modified permission schemes to meet the security policy and other administrative tasks such as creation/modifying notifications schemes, roles.
- Updated tools from Jira workflow like plugins.
- Created plugin which updates an application through the post function.
- Generated scripts for effective integration of Jira applications with other tools.
- Generated groovy scripts to add the value to the workflows in the Jira.
- Used groovy scripts to change the behavior of the custom field.
- Added validators, post functions, conditions to workflow transitions.
- Initiated user training and on boarded new teams (mainly teams that are interested to use Jira who were using remedy earlier)
- Monitor the Jira hosted servers and responded quickly to issues in case of application is down.
- Assisted with integrations between the Atlassian tools such as crucible, Fisheye and External systems such as CSP (Customer service portal) systems.
- Installed new Jira instances when requested by a division and upgraded Jira in production considering the number of projects and issues to improve the performance.
- Installed and managed plugins for Jira in production environment such as JEMH, Script Runner, Outlook integration for Jira, JQL Tricks, CCC Last Comment, REST API Browser, Jira Suite Utilities and other.
- Work with multiple teams and address their issues (Finance, Sales, Development Teams, mainly Chip Design Teams)
- Implemented new Jira workflows for the QA teams and worked on Splitting Jira servers (project configurations and issues)
- Handled User/Group Administration, configured LDAP directory with Jira .
- Worked on upgrading confluence versions and moving the existing confluence instance to different database.
- Performed CSV import to migrate remedy issues to Jira .
- Worked on Tempo, Service Desk, EazyBI and Structure Addons.
- Worked on Jira Agile (formerly known as Green hopper) Best Practices. Helped users to set up Agile Boards (Scrum and Kanban)
- Integrated Jira with Confluence, Fisheye and Crucible via Application links.
- Provided information, work arounds, other incoming questions and inquiries related to Jira /Confluence applications.
- Worked on Setup Jira for Help Desk Tickets/Test case management.
- Suggested improvement processes for screens, workflow procedures and reports of applications.
- Conducted analysis and evaluation of existing systems to upgrade latest version when there is high increase of issue count and continuous user sessions.
- Monitor Mail Queues for error queue and flush the queue in case of high count in the mail queue.
- Restricted certain group of users on create issue transitions by adding permission validators.
Environment: Jira 6.x/5.x, Linux, J2EE, iLog JRules, PERL, Shell Scripts, ANT, Maven, Stash 2.x, Crowd 2.x, Confluence 3.0.x, ScriptRunner, GIT, UNIX, SQL Server, Windows/NT.
Confidential, St. Louis, MO
Jira Developer/ Admin
- Administered Atlassian tools JIRA and Confluence.
- Created projects on JIRA and assigned JIRA Agile boards.
- Customized both JIRA and Confluence to integrate into the pre-existing systems that support internal systems.
- Created user accounts, and technical documents documenting Jira project configurations provided training sessions.
- Created Custom workflows, custom screens and custom fields on Jira .
- Maintained Jira backups.
- Involved in Jira and QC integration, bi-directional replications.
- Supports two directional synchronization between HP QC (ALM) and Jira, the connection supports both REST API and SOAP service.
- Knowledge of LDAP / Active Directory authentication.
- Involved in NTH AG Jira to create the dashboards.
- Enhanced Jira application to customize as required.
- Troubleshoot any Jira issues for users.
- Created events, email notification schemes and assigned project roles on Jira .
- Worked on Confluence- Assigned user personal space and aided in using Confluence.
- Installed various Jira plugins such as Jira client, Jira importer plugin, Jira Charting Plugin, the connector for Microsoft project and Jira Misc Custom fields.
- Migrated Jira across environments and worked on Jira database dumps.
- Hands-on Experience on Jira Cloud.
- Implemented and managed, as Configuration Manager, builds and source code branching as well as QC and integration testing environments.
- Worked on JQL (Jira Query Language) filters, Dashboards, Gadgets for users.
- Developed complex Jira project workflows, field configurations, screen schemes, permission schemes and notification schemes.
- Created custom templates for use within Confluence.
- Acted as POC for all Jira /Confluence/Agile related questions, problems and activities. Coordinated the installation of client specific applications and systems.
- Determined the appropriate methods for installing applications and systems; resolved matters of significance and implemented corrective course of action as needed.
- Upgraded system software and hardware components as required to meet business needs; coordinated backups, ensured upgrades were occurring in accordance with established company parameters.
- Expanded the use of Jira to many other divisions, making Jira the system of record. Involved in deployment of hotfixes/patches that are released from time to time.
Environment: Jira, Bamboo, Confluence, Crowd, Java/J2EE, Tomcat, Jboss, Sub version, SVN, Bitbucket, Anthill Pro, Ant, Maven, shell, bash, Unix, Sonatype Nexus.
Confidential, Seattle, WA
- Installed Jira Behavior plugin, which simply defines how field behaves with the issue in the project.
- Plan, implement, document, and administer configuration management across multiple projects.
- Migrate existing systems to new central system. Provide first level support of any issues encountered on the system
- Responsible for all production related changes/builds/deployments. Created SVN branches for future parallel releases.
- Experience in SVN, Jira, and Jenkins. Responsible for creating the project space in confluence.
- Responsible of being a reporter for each of the issue opened in Jira . Migrated DBA, Development and Testing teams from Version One to Jira .
- Creating and modify workflow code using VB Scripting.
- Set up and configured Git repositories for Git Hub on Linux server/windows desktop and used Git commands to initialize/update repositories.
- Resolved issues as they arise with Jira Projects and Confluence in coordination with Jira hosting partner team.
- Managed Jira templates, workflows, and other functionality in support of departmental customers.
- Created and managed Jira templates and complex Jira workflows including project workflows, screen schemes, permission scheme and notification schemes.
- Migrated all build jobs from Hudson to Jenkins/Bamboo.
- Installed Jira Suite utilities plugin that provides additional workflow features such as conditions, validator and post-functions
- Created build and deployment jobs in Jenkins for various components. Used Jenkins as a build tool to create build packages.
- Automated the manual piece of deployment which saved one hour of time. Coordinated with variety of teams like DBA, development and build team for a successful code promotion.
- Strong experience with SCM methodology, best practices, process improvement, and toolsets.
- Responsible for maintaining integrity of all builds and environments.
- Performed code freeze on the development branches and informed the development teams to merge in the changes to integration branch before the scheduled date of staging.
- Created development and integration Branches after a major release for various development teams.
Environment: Jira, Confluence, WebLogic, AWS (Amazon web services), GIT, Linux, SVN, ANT, Maven, VMware, MYSQL.
Unix/ Linux Administrator
- Setup a couple of hundred VM's running CentOS to be used for web, database, application, mail, ftp, monitoring and Git repositories.
- Installed and configured Red Hat Linux Kickstartand Solaris jumpstart Servers.
- Used Python programming in Linux platform to design the front-end portion of the plug-in.
- Designs, configures, implements, and maintains UNIX hardware and operating system environments including; AIX, HP-UX, and Solaris.
- Worked on redhat 5.x and performed daily tasks using CRON scheduler and automated it.
- Discussed and planned the development issues with the team members and the lead.
- Daily tasks such as taking data backups, cleaning junk content and updating software.
- Configuration of Hardware and Software RAID on Digital & Sun Servers.
- Installation of Oracle Patches and Troubleshooting, Creating and modifying application related objects, Creating Profiles, Users, Roles and maintaining system security.
- Configuration and maintenance of NIS, NFS, DHCP and DNS Servers on Solaris.
- Administrative tasks such as System Startup/shutdown, Backup strategy, Printing, Documentation, User Management, Security, Network management, dumb terminals and devices carried out.
- Responsible to handle the Server Administration and Asterisk Server Installation and Configuration in Linux.
- Worked as part of Testing Team in Application testing using Manual methods and Scripts.
- Installed and implemented NAS with RAID 1 and RAID 5 configurations.
- Monitored load and performance on the infrastructure and added capacity as needed.
- Worked on backing up physical server, deploying the new VM on KVM hypervisor.
- Shutdown legacy physical server.
- Performed recovery from failed backup.
- Deployed Linux hardware Nodes to host several KVM templates.
- Created and managed user/group and sudo access on Redhat Linux.
- Install packages using RPM and YUM.
- Patch and Package administration to keep the servers updated with the patches and that implementing packages developed for deployment
- Created Bash scripts to monitor processes and making sure process startup when operating system restart using chkconfig and RC startup levels.
- Wrote scripts to automate daily tasks like creating LAMP stack VP's, VPS load testing, SSL installations, MySQL replication.
- Installation, configuration and management of postgresql & mysql database servers.
- Client interaction for requirement gathering, so as to design and plan the software and hardware infrastructure.
- Familiar with Disk Management Utility. Hands on experience in file system creation and file system management.
Environment: Red-Hat Enterprise Linux 8/ 9/ AS3.0/ AS4.0, Solaris 8 & 9, AIX, NFS, NIS, Windows NT 4.0, VERITAS Netbackup, HACMP, WebS