- Ambitious professional with a background as an IT project manager within the healthcare industry, evidenced by a history of recovering failed projects with successful implementations, facilitated by a strong educational and practical background in project management methodology, strives to have every project deliver a quality product that is in scope, on time, and within budget.
- A proven team leader with the ability to work within team structures and across functional teams, strong problem - solving and management skills, striving to improve clinical and technological business processes, and the ability to translate organizational goals into successful product and project outcomes.
- Scope of expertise encompasses managing emerging technology, data analytics, new IT construction, infrastructure, support desk, remodels, working closely with administrative and clinical leadership to enhance clinical work flow, replacing and upgrading clinical systems, researching products, negotiating the acquisition of new products, developing project scope and other PMO documents, leading teams through product development, launch, and directing training.
- Agile / Scrum Budgeting
- Business Process Improvement
- Change Management
- Data Analytics & Informatics
- Disaster Recovery
- Emerging & Mobile Technology
- Lean Six Sigma
- Monitoring and Control
- Multiple Project Management
- Risk Management
- Strategic Planning
- Team Leadership & Development
- Vendor & Customer Relations
Applications: Excel 2010, Microsoft Word 2010, Microsoft Project 2010, Outlook 2010, Power Point 2010SharePoint 2010, Visio 2010, Microsoft Access 2013, SQL, JMP, Tableau, and C#
Utilities: PC Anywhere, Remote Desktop, VDI
Sr. Project Manager & Sr. Technical Engagement Engineer
- Contracted to rescue IT infrastructure projects and manage all of the technical engagements, training, technical support, project management, and product & application development by using the Agile methodology.
- Recovered and managed the organizations email archive migration from HP’s IAP to CommVault with a $1 million budget and only 2 resources with less than 0.01% data loss.
- Managed the implementation of a secure paging application hospital wide
- Managing the UC wide telecom audit utilizing a process called “Leverage Scale for Value”
- Managed ongoing security audits, enhancements, and corrective actions for all applications to bring the hospital up to NIST standards & confirm HIPPA compliance which included a $2 million budget and 10 person team
- Point person for all clients nationwide covering over $25 million of contracts
- Managed and assisted in the creation of product development process and procedures, change management, security assessments, customer support, service desk, and client engagement
- Assisted in running Agile product development, sprints, planning, backlog, and creating stories for new client
- Created and implemented technical engagement, project management, and implementation pertaining to predictive analytics using big data methodologies and technology
- Managing technical teams for both projects and technical engagements as well as assisting developers both local and offshore to meet the client’s demands.
Confidential, Stony Brook, NY
Information Technology Infrastructure and Research Project Manager
- Directed with recovering the management of all IT infrastructure projects including two new hospital wings by bring the project back on track, within budget and on schedule.
- Charged with managing all new IT construction, infrastructure, and acquisition projects also completing and managing all RFP’s, budgets, schedules, vendor relations, and executive updates.
- Recovered and managed the IT infrastructure and hardware of a new Medical And Research Translation ( Confidential ) building and a 150-bed patient tower with a budget over $50 million including several teams diverse teams encompassing over 40 individual resources.
- Wrote and managed the IT RFP process for the Confidential building whose combined total was over $40 million, had to be reviewed and approved by the New York State Attorney General.
- Managed a $50 million budget with signing authority including the management of all third party vendors.
- Project managed the construction and implementation of Hybrid ORs infrastructure and Smart Room technology
- Managed and initiated a research Big Data Hadoop infrastructure and VDI environment for biomedical informatics
- Managed a $17 million VOIP solution that encompassed new construction, the existing hospital and college with over 20 resources simultaneously managed
- Project managed New York state Delivery System Reform Incentive Program ( Confidential ) infrastructure for Stony Brook
Confidential, Irvine, CA
Informatics Project Manager
- Ongoing management of the organizations first Disaster Recovery system, designed as a multi-year multi-million dollar budget project for critical hospital systems including the Electronic Medical Records (EMR)
- Managed the first Confidential Cloud based vendor neutral archive system with “ Confidential ” which continues to be a multi-year multi-million dollar project to make all of the hospital’s images viewable in the EMR
- Managed high profile mobility projects which included the replacement of the nurse call system and pager replacement
- Upgraded several clinical systems on short notice within the given timelines, budget, and limited resources
- Assisting and co-managing several Delivery System Reform Incentive Program ( Confidential ) projects. Confidential is a multiyear, multimillion dollar project covering Telemedicine, Patient and Medical Home Monitoring, and Patient Surveys
- Managed and enhanced the process for onboarding new employees access to mobile device applications.
- Supervise & coordinate activities of technical consultants and internal resources in partnership with Project Sponsors
- Assisted in the process to define scope with executive leadership and track project status to ensure long-term success
EMT Intermediate Engineer
- Volunteered to aid others in need, further education and experience in the medical field as a first responder.
- Obtained priceless knowledge by working closely with other first responders and experienced medical personnel in emergency response, hospice, alpine patrol, along with city, state, and military hospitals.