- Knowledge of Data Center design, consolidation/migration and application decommissioning
- Experience in AWS Cloud migration with continuous integration/continuous deployment experience and design and creation of AWS VPC, VGW, NACL and Security Group
- Experience in end - to-end project management using PMBOK methodology for Project initiation, planning, execution, control and closure, Member Project Management Institute
- Extensive experience in WAN, LAN and SAN design, implementation and management
- Experience in Market data services for financial institutions including direct exchange and ECN connections
- Proven managerial abilities and function well in fast-paced, high-pressure atmosphere
- Self-motivated; able to set effective priorities to achieve immediate and long-term goals and meet operational deadlines
- Hands-on pragmatic problem solver with expert management skills, creative in decision-making collaboration and persuasive communication. Highly skilled in building, motivating and leading outstanding technical projects
Confidential, New York, NYResponsibilities:
- Manager responsible for architecting, engineering and support of the company Confidential environment as well as managing projects, technology and people.
- Design and deploy VoIP services using Cisco router 3945 and Cisco CUCM 11.5 including Speakerbus turret for the trading floor. AWS cloud migration team member responsible for AWS VPC design and creation including NACL, VPC peering, VGW, Virtual Interface, and EC2 instance Security Group.
- Lead project manager for data center migration to a new co-lo in Sungard and Tierpoint data centers. Responsible for the procurement of telelcom circuits (Dark Fiber, MPLS, 10Gig and 1Gig Ethernet circuits) to support company WAN.
- Support DWDM environment. Responsible for yearly departmental budget (CapEx and OpEx). Responsible for support contract negotiation. Responsible for overall networking and telecom projects management. Manage a team of 4 Confidential engineers.
Environment: Cisco Nexus 7K, 5K & 2K, ISR 3945, Catalyst 6509, 4507, ASA 5520 & 5540, CUCM 11.5, Ciena 6500 DWDM Switch, Ironport Web Security Appliance, Aerohive AP, Juniper SRX 3400, F5 LTM, GTM & APM, Arista 7150, Palo-Alto IDS, SNMPc, Netscout Probe/Analyzer, Netbrain, Skybox Firewall Management Software, Speakerbus turret, Windows 2K8, 2K12, SQL Server 2K12, 2K14, VMware 5.5, Exchange server 2K13, Redhat 6.0, Microsoft TFS
Lead Technical Architect
- Senior technical architect responsible for the deployment of web applications as well as defining and building platform for the Integrated Customer Platform project, with specialization in customer communications.
- Lead technical architectures for all communications capabilities with focus on cross-capability functionalities and integration of entire communications process.
- Accountable for analyzing, designing and implementing infrastructure architecture solutions to meet the technical and business requirements for highly available, mission critical web applications with customer focus.
- Responsible for IT best practices and standards while leading strategic business programs.
- Work with Technical Engineering to provide technical architectural direction for State Farm private cloud, piloting critical emerging technology POC including cloud services from other providers like Amazon, Rackspace and Microsoft. Liaison to application development and business groups
Lead Service Delivery Architect/PM
- Lead architect with advanced experience in complex IT operational environments in various aspects of design, engineering, analysis, testing and ongoing support for their technical area.
- Responsibility includes system design, networking, hypervisors, virtualization, storage subsystems, databases, systems scaling, hardware/software configuration and management and data center consolidation.
- Participate in hardware and software migration and upgrade efforts of varying size and complexity including the creation of the private cloud environment based on Linux RHEL OS, VMware vSphere, MySQL and Pharos.
Environment: Windows 7, 2K3, 2K8, ASP.net, SQL Server 2K5, 2K8, IIS, Sharepoint 2K10, ProjectServer 2K10, VMWare 3.5, 4.0, 5.0, Linux RHEL, SuSe, Oracle Sun Solaris 10, 11, OEL, Apache, Pharos, BMC, Nimsoft, Splunk, Cacti, Citrix, Veritas Storage Foundation for Windows & Linux, NetApps and EMC SAN, Oracle RAC 11g, MySQL, HP Proliants DL and BL series, Oracle SUN M and T series, Remedy, Solsoft, Lenovo, DELL PC and Laptops
Lead Infrastructure Architect/PM
Confidential,Jersey City, NJResponsibilities:
- Lead infrastructure architect and program manager for continuous improvement projects within the Global Market Platform Services group working with each business and application development teams.
- I am responsible for infrastructure designs and implementation, setting strategy and direction for the execution of programs to reduce US Data Centers Power, Physical Servers, Database, Storage and Rack Space consumption through virtualization (VMWare, Solaris Zones, AIX LPAR and WPAR).
- Also, I am responsible for capacity management; performance analysis (Servers, Storage and Applications) application decommissioning and re-designing existing applications infrastructure providing technical specifications, architectural logical design, components context and interaction diagrams and data migration for applications that are in scope for the continuous improvement of the bank infrastructure environment.
- Worked on the following applications - Advent-AXYS, Geneva, Charles River, Sales Logix, Fidesa, Arina to name a few.
Environment: Windows 2K3, 2K8, SQL Server 2K5, 2K8, SRS, SAS, SSIS, SharePoint, VMWare, VMware Converter, vMotion, VMWare DRS, HA, Platespin, Oracle RAC 10g, 11g, Sybase ASE 12.5, 15.0.3, RHEL, SuSe, zLinux, AIX, Solaris 10, Websphere - WAS 7.0, IIS, Apache, JBOSS, Citrix, F5 BigIP, NetAPP, Veritas Cluster Server, IBM TSM, NetBackup, BMC Patrol, HPOV, HP SIM, HP Asset Manager, EMC Symmetrix DMX-4, VMAX, Clariion, Centera, Celerra, ECC, SRDF, Open Replicator, Navisphere, SnapView, TimeFinder, Powerpath, Aperture, HP Proliants c7000, DL and BL Series, SUN M-Series, T-Series, IBM P-Series
Sr. IS Architect
- Responsible for technology infrastructure design, provisioning and delivery of managed services and special services for the application development teams that includes OS, Servers, Virtualization, Clustering, Storage, Databases, Replication (SAN, DB), Middleware, Load Balancers, Firewall, HBA specs, Fiber run and cabling specs, capacity management, performance analysis and monitoring, provisioning process management, governance, and provisioning request workflow intake through ITG and Aperture.
- As well as Application Consumption Reduction project. Also, responsible for SOP, Infrastructure Best Practises, RFI and RFC, Disaster Recovery, Active/Active GEO-HA data center design, build-out, implementation and migration.
- Also, responsible for infrastructure design for migrating Sybase 12.5 to Oracle 10g including replication
Environment: Windows 2K3, 2K8, ASP.net, SQL Server 2K5, 2K8, SRS, SAS, SSIS, SharePoint, IIS, Oracle RAC 10g, 11g, Sybase ASE 12.5, 15.0.3, DataStage, RHEL, zLinux, AIX 5.3, Solaris 10, Apache, Websphere - WAS 7.0, VMWare, Platespin, Citrix, F5 BigIP, EMC DMX, Clariion, Centera, Celerra, VMAX SE, NetAPP, HDS, HP EVA, Veritas Cluster Server, IBM TSM, NetBackup, BMC Patrol, HPOV, ITG, Aperture, Aperture, HP Proliants c7000, DL and BL Series, SUN M-Series, T-Series, IBM P-Series
Sr. Infrastructure Architect/PM
Confidential,New York, NYResponsibilities:
- Responsible for Technology asset management and optimization for Confidential global providing strategies for infrastructure solution architecture to reduce cost and implementation time, as well as defining Data Center infrastructure standards for global operations policies, business continuity and disaster recovery for Equities, Fixed Income and Global Transaction Services.
- Also responsible for Data Center consolidation and migration, Data Center Tech Refresh and Asset Optimization, Data Center infrastructure rapid provisioning that includes vendor management, application integration and deployment for Data Center efficient and effective operations, and problem, incident, change and configuration management based on ITIL and review process for auditing. I am also responsible for application and Data Center infrastructure decommissioning and Capacity Management, creating opportunities for Server Optimization through discovery and identification of server for virtualization within Windows, Linux, Solaris and AIX environments reducing Citi 4 business units’ server footprint from 21K to 12K.
- Storage Optimization through discovery and identification of storage that can be Re-tier, Re-raid and Re-claim, Tape optimization through new retention strategies and Database optimization using HP Polyserve to eliminate SQL Server database server sprawl and optimizing Sybase and Oracle databases using database stacking and IBM Optim for ILM.
- Responsibilities also include infrastructure design and strategies, budget, risk analysis and mitigation, Data Center projects and policies communication, presentation/design white boarding and project performance.
Environment: BMC Patrol, Infovista, Vmware, Vmotion, Lab Manager, Platespin, Solaris 10, Linux, AIX, HP Polyserve, HPOV, HP SIM, HP Asset Manager, Veritas Cluster Server, TSM, NetBackup, EMC Symmetrix DMX, Clariion, Centera, ECC, Open Replicator, NetAPP, HDS, IBM Optim, Microsoft Project Server 2007, Sharepoint Portal Server 2007, Microsoft Office Project Professional, Word, Excel and Visio, internal eTools application, TCO, TAS, Aperture and TCRS
Sr. Consultant/Infrastructure Architect
- Responsible for technology solutions design, implementation and management of multiple infrastructure projects to help replace company legacy infrastructure environment providing capacity management, risk management, performance and gap analysis, logic design, disaster recovery and request for services.
- I worked on Data Center servers and services consolidation project using VMware for virtualization and HP Polyserve to eliminate SQL Server database sprawl. Other projects includes VoIP, new enterprise backup/archiving solutions for 1, 3 and 7 year data archiving compliance for the financial and insurance industry using NetBackup, Symantec Enterprise Vault for Exchange data archiving, Network Architecture re-design and implementation upgrading Cisco HW for port density, SUP 720, FWSM, support for PoE and MPLS managed services replacing their old Frame Relay network to branches, infrastructure architecture and design for companywide BI Portal and WIKI using Sharepoint 2007 with BI.
- Also provided training to internal employees on business continuity and disaster recovery processes and procedures.
Sr. Consultant/Infrastructure Architect
Confidential,New York NYResponsibilities:
- Data center server and service consolidation and migration, server end of life process review and new servers deployment increasing the 3 Data Centers ROI by 32% and improving TCO by more than 47%
- Data center capacity planning and expansion to add capacity for more Rack Location Units, New cabling infrastructure and WAN links to support growth achieving more than 40% new Data Center capacity and capability with 78% performance improvement gain
- New client network domain design and implementation for Thomson applications Time Square, Portia and Strategic Alert Projects with Citrix PS 4.0 and WI application server farm. DNS configuration and implementation with F5 BigIP for round robin LB method to support app server farm access and load distribution. Gaining 45% in total applications performance and availability
Manager, IT Infrastructure
- Design and implementation of MS Enterprise Project Management Suite with Sharepoint to centralized, streamlined and optimize project management tracking, reporting, documentation and collaboration across the business units for better decision making and improved productivity between project teams and stakeholders.
- End to end project management of the company DR/BC data center (Real Estate facility and construction requirement and management, Research and Design, Project Initiation through closure, DR/BC policies including recovery time and point objectives, quarterly testing, and data replication.)
- Implemented Server virtualization using Vmware 2.5.4, VirtualCenter 1.4.1 and Virtual Server 2005 for server consolidation in DR/BC data center and Citrix products for applications access and desktop virtualization.
- Design the load balancing of multiple WAN links with BGP-4 with AS# and OSPF cost metric using Cisco 2811 routers
- Configuration of MPLS CE Routers
- Design, configuration and support of site to site IPSec VPN and remote access SSLVPN on Cisco PIX firewall for 250+ employees and consultants. Authentication, Authorization and Accounting using TACACS+ and RADIUS protocol with Windows 2K3 domain controllers and DNS, DHCP implementation.
- Design, installation, configuration and support of the Global Server environment for Domain Controllers, Application farm and database servers (W2K3 for Domain Controllers, Combination of W2K3, Sun Solaris 10 and RedHat Linux, and Citrix PS 4.0 for Application Server farm, SQL Server 2000 for database server) and RMDS servers (Price, Data Dictionary and Point to Point Servers) for Market Data Services
- Support of the application development team through project collaboration and understanding of the trading applications development environment (Flex, C#, MQSeries, .Net, J2EE, Perl, Python) and my knowledge of trading instruments (Fixed Income, Equity, and Derivatives securities)
- Architect and project manage the Unified Messaging System project using Exchange Server 2K3 and Outlook 2003 for unified message center, GFI faxserver, Avaya Definity Server for VOIP between NY and London office with IP Softphone and Blackberry and Goodlink server for non-blackberry PDA for mobile messaging. Other major projects includes: server clustering for redundancy and failover, Exchange 2003 e-mail archive, offsite storage of daily backup at Iron Mountain, iSCSI SAN, and Video conferencing over IP using Polycom products
- Responsible for research, acquisition and contractual agreement for all internal and external services entitlement management including SLA of financial software and Market Data Services and Systems for research, trading, Marketing, Accounting and compliance departments
- Responsible for Systems Management and Monitoring including OS (Windows, UNIX and Linux), applications performance, servers, switches and routers hardware and WAN links using MOM 2005, GFI Server Monitor and Events Manager, PERL Scripting to enhance and support systems information collection and correlation for SNMP and RMON, Netscout Probes, Sniffer Analyser and MRTG for KPI, operational metrics reporting and SLA enforcement
- Responsible for vendor management and IT Infrastructure budgeting (depreciation vs. expenses, plan vs. actual, cost-benefit analysis and ROI reports)
- Establish best practices, change control, configuration management and company infrastructure usage policies based on ITIL
Environment: - Windows 2003 servers, Exchange 2003, MOM 2005, IIS 6.0, SQL Server 2000, Project Server 2003, SharePoint Services 2.0, F5 Big-IP, Citrix Access Essential 1.0, Presentation Server v4.0, Access Gateway Enterprise Edition, Netscaler 6.1, XenDesktop, Red Hat Linux, Solaris 10, Apache, Blackberry Enterprise server and Goodlink Server, HPOV, HP SIM, HP Asset Manager, Cisco 2950, 3750 switches, 2621, 2811 routers, OSPF and BGP-4 routing protocol, PIX Firewall 515E, Ethereal, MRTG, PRTG, Veritas BackupExec, Quantum superloader, Equallogic iSCSI SAN, Avaya DEFINITY server, Communication Manager 3.1 and more.
Sr. Consultant/ Sr. Technical Project Manager
- Network Architecture Design and Implementation (LAN/WAN) in a Cisco environment
- Design and implementation of Active directory in a single forest multi domain architecture using Windows 2000/2003 server enterprise edition with DNS and DHCP.
- Design and implementation of Exchange 2003 server with multiple GC servers in multiple physical locations
- McaFee Enterprise security solutions using VirusScan 8.0i and ePO 3.5 in Windows 2003 server and XP Desktop environment
- Enterprise wide Desktop rollout and support (Windows XP, 2000) using active directory, Group Policy Object, Altiris Client Management Suite and Deployment solutions for clients. The environment consist of more than 7500 desktops and more than 150 applications (both internal and external applications)
- Patch Management of NT workstation with SP6a and XP workstation with SP2 using Altiris Patch Management solutions and Microsoft SUS.
- Design and implementation of enterprise global systems management and monitoring using Altiris Server Monitor solutions, HP OpenView, MOM, Cisco Netflow and CiscoWorks, EMC SMARTS, SNMP and RMON information collection and correlation with PERL scripting
- Enterprise level Server Farm with Microsft IIS, Microsoft cluster and load balancing services
- Web server buildout using Microsoft IIS 5.0 and 6.0 with Windows 2003 server web edition
- Remote access VPN for remote users to access internal applications and Exchange e-mail OWA using Citrix Metaframe 3.0 and access suite, Cisco PIX firewall and VPN 3060 concentrator
- Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery Backup Site and Capacity planning using EMC CLARiiON SAN solution with Cisco MDS 9216, Veritas BackupExec and Netbackup Datacenter for backup, restore and replication
- Installation and customization of MS Project server 2003, SQL Server 2000 for tables, logs and Reports, and IIS 6.0 for Project Web Access and Microsoft SharePoint Services for project management collaboration and improve productivity between BaTech.Net management team, on-site project managers and vendors
- Manages and mentor a team of 10 - 20 technical consultants depending on project resource requirement. Provide quarterly and yearly review of consultants.
Technical Project Manager
Confidential,New York NYResponsibilities:
- Migration of 3 of the 5 NT servers to Windows 2000 Server, introducing active directory services into the environment with DNS and DHCP for dynamic IP addressing
- Market data services (Bloomberg - Professional and traveler edition) for traders and Brokers including service entitlement management
- Design and implementation of a single Exchange 2000 server environment
- Integration of EMC CLARiiON AX100 with dual controller for online backup SAN solution for business continuity and compliance
- Configured and rollout 100 Microsoft XP workstations using Symantec Ghost and VBScript to automate group policy objects and workstation startup
- Provided remote access VPN capability for branch offices and mobile users to access main office application using Citrix mps 3.0 access suite, Access Gateway and RSA SecurID
- Documented the project including lesson learned using Microsoft Project, Word and Visio
- Provided training for company employees and expert advice on capacity planning and migration path
Environment: Microsoft NT/2000, Microsoft XP, Cisco 2600 series routers and 5500 series switches, Citrix MPS 3.0, Access Gateway, RSA SecurID, Arcserve
Sr. Technical Specialist
Confidential,New York, NYResponsibilities:
- Developed NMS design template and wrote NMS Best Practices and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Research and advice senior managers on the direction of the IT industry for Network Management Systems.
- Implemented the use of MS Project Server to help centralized, streamlined and optimize project management documentation collaboration across the business units for better decision making and improved productivity between project teams and outside vendor resulting in on-time sharing of project information, lesson learned, risk communication and project performance
- PERL Scripting to support NMS products (Probes, Analysers, Netcool, HPOV) for advance functionality
- Project management lead on more than 10 projects within 2 years with a total of more than $10M in budget. Responsible for the scope, SOW, WBS, RFP/RFQ, deliverable tracking, risk analysis, team development, procurement and compliance. Projects include setup of MS Project 2002 Server, DWDM, backup site for disaster recovery and business continuity with SAN solution integration using EMC CLARiiON CX700, design and implementation of Active Directory in the LAB to measure impact on the network environment and the desktops and the redesign of all Citibank branches with software and hardware network management solutions using NAI Sniffer, Netscout nGenius probes and Micromuse NetCool management solutions.
- Design and deployment of CiscoWorks 2000 and HP Openview in Windows 2000 environment
- Migration of 150 NMS servers globally from Microsoft NT server 4.0 SP6a to Windows 2000 Server
- Patch management of more than 250 NAI Sniffer boxes running Microsoft NT 4.0 workstation with SP6a using Altiris Patch Management solutions
- Developed and managed vendor relationship and support global service entitlement management for Confidential with NAI and Cisco NMS Group
- Provided monthly metrics that measures different aspect of NMS group operations to senior management
Environment: Check point firewall, F5 BIG-IP, Cisco 6509 switches performing layer 2/3 switching with QoS, NAI Sniffer, Netscout nGenius Probes and Micromuse NetCool, CiscoWorks 2000 and HP Openview for management solutions, HP Asset Manager, Compaq high end servers with Compaq Insight Manager running Windows 2000 and 2003 Enterprise Server Edition, Nortel Optera for DWDM, and SUN Enterprise servers running SOLARIS 8