IT Director with Financial Industry knowledge and experience. Project Manager with an expertise in building new infrastructure architecture. Technology experience includes: architecture and datacenter design; server and device configuration; application development life - cycle; process and data flow optimization; network and cyber security. Leadership of teams consisting of both employees and consultants.
- Ensure long-term business objectives and technology enterprise architecture are consistent
- Design, build, implement and upgrade enterprise technology architecture
- Establish cyber security and technology security procedures utilizing IDS (Intrusion Detection System) for DPI (Deep Packet Inspection) and McAfee ePO server to protect technology enterprise architecture
- Create and update information technology’s disaster recovery strategy and business continuity plan
- Provide leadership in business governance including compliance audits, SOX audits, data governance and other governance and accountability of information systems and enterprise architecture
- Create redundant and secure network connectivity utilizing BGP and QoS on Cisco routers and firewalls
- Create an information technology architecture to connect LAN (local network) to SaaS, PaaS and IaaS cloud platform providers and migrating IT architecture to the cloud
- Implement SaaS applications including, voice, e-mail, e-mail and Bloomberg message journaling using Global Relay and Smarsh and Gateway VPN connected cloud platforms
- Configure network FTP and VPN access and dedicated BlueCat DNS/DHCP servers to facilitate LAN (local network), internet and cloud platform access
- Build and administer virtual Linux and Windows servers using StorTrends SANs (Network Storage)
- Install and configure LDAP, file services, Cognos Business Intelligence, ZENworks Workstation Manager, SQL Server, McAfee ePO and Sage accounting servers at primary and contingency locations
- Install and configure WAP (Wireless Access Points) as a dedicated wireless architecture for security
- Establish a dedicated architecture for Bloomberg Terminals utilizing a dedicated Bloomberg circuit
- Negotiate and create consensus, problem solve and implement issue resolutions
- Demonstrate leadership, managing teams of direct reports and consultantsImplement the Unified Process application software development life-cycle, a predecessor of agile
- Designed, built and maintained all aspects of network. Engineered new procedures and re-engineered obsolete procedures. Promoted from Database Administrator to Project Director in the Member Firm Regulation Division.
Confidential,New York, N.Y
Financial Systems AnalystResponsibilities:
- Provided support to Brokers and Trading Desk, supervising daily and monthly reporting to business unit including Trader and Broker production, P&L and commission payout. Pioneered the implementation of lightweight application software development life-cycle known today as agile. Veteran of the Confidential Management Trainee Program. Supervised two direct reports.