- Certified SAFe Agilist (SA) 4.0, Certified Scrum Master (CSM) having 10+ years of strong IT experience in managing diverse roles like Agile Coach, Scrum Master, Team Lead, Business Analyst and Senior Database Developer in BFSI, Retail and Telecom domain.
- Extensive hands - on experience in SDLC methodologies like Waterfall and Agile (Scrum and Kanban) experience of working for transformation project i.e. Waterfall to Agile (Scrum).
- An Agile Evangelist having 6 years of experience as Scrum Master.
- Extensive working knowledge of versatile Agile Project Management tools such as JIRA, Confluence and Rational Team Concert (RTC).
- Expert at driving the adoption and enforcement of Agile and Scrum Values, In-depth knowledge of Agile scrum process - Product backlog grooming, Sprint planning, capacity planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Reviews and Retrospective . Experienced in Project Estimation skills -Story Points, Planning Poker, T-shirt size and work breakdown techniques.
- Strong knowledge of Devops tools such as IBM Rational Team Concert (RTC), Maven, Jenkins and Github.
- Experienced in handling multiple stakeholders, cross functional teams, geographically distributed and co-located teams.
- Demonstrated strong leadership and communication skills. Ability to mentor teams to become self-motivated and cross functional.
- Strong technical knowledge of Database - PL/SQL programming, Data modelling and Unix Shell scripting.
- Post Graduate Program in Business Analytics & Business Intelligence (PGP-BABI) from Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai.
Languages: Oracle- PL/SQL Programming, Unix Shell Scripting, ASP, C++
Tools: Rational Data Architect (RDA), TOAD, SQL Developer, Putty 0.51, IBM Datastage 8.0, Oblicore, Informatica PowerCentre 7.x
Database: Oracle 11g, Oracle 10g and MySQL
Packages: Kenan FX, Oracle Customer Care and Billing (CCB)
Platforms: UNIX (Solaris), Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7.
Agile Tools: JIRA, Confluence and Rational Team Concert(RTC)
DevOps Tools: Maven, Jenkins, Github
Scrum Master/Agile Coach
- Lead and Facilitate 2-day Program Increment (PI) Planning for an Outcome Based Capability.
- Prepare Scrum team and work closely with Product Owner to make Solution backlog ready for PI Planning. Help the team to understand the objective of PI Planning.
- Lead the Team Breakouts and Collaborate in Scrum of Scrums in PI Planning.
- Work closely with Product Owner and Product Management team to finalize PI Plan.
- Help to frame the Definition of Done (DoD) for PI (Product Increment), Features, Stories and Sprint. Guide the team to understand and adhere to DoD for the deliverables.
- Facilitate the Scrum events - Daily Scrum Meetings, Sprint Planning, Sprint Review and Sprint Retrospective.
- Collaborate with PO, Product Management Team, architects and business leaders to create strong communication channel.
- Help team to use project-tracking tool JIRA, Confluence effectively.
- Coach scrum team teams to adopt agile practices covering release planning, product backlog grooming and other scrum events focusing on delivering value and developing self-organized Feature teams.
- Monitor key metrics daily and weekly to gauge team progress. Metrics tracked are Velocity, Daily burned hours, committed vs delivered velocity, story and task progress status, impediments, Defects/Bugs Raised per Sprint and Pull request comments.
- Collaborate with other teams to resolve and agree for external and internal team dependencies. Attend bi-weekly Scrum of Scrum (SoS) for dependencies collaboration between external and internal teams.
- Prepare and present Sprint reports for senior delivery management reviews.
- Contribute to the Agile Community of Practice (CoP) consisting of Scrum Masters, Release Train Engineers (RTE) and Agile Coach for best practices and process improvements.
- Flag the Risk and Issues for each sprint on regular basis and discuss the mitigation plan with the stakeholders.
- Owning End to end project delivery for the complete PI.
Technology Stack: Agile- SAFe 4.0 and Scrum, JIRA, Confluence, Maven, Jenkins Java, J2EE, Angular JS, Oracle 11g, Java, J2EE, Oracle 11g, XML, SOAP API, CSS, Angular JS, JSF, HTML, Spring, Kandoo, JUnit and Fisheye.
- Facilitate Release planning, Agile estimation (story points), Sprint planning, Lead Daily Scrum Meetings, Sprint review and Retrospective meeting.
- Eliminate project impediments by effectively handling risk and providing mitigation plans.
- Closely tracked sprint progress, reporting velocity and managing team capacity.
- Forming skilled development teams, empowering them and ensuring that they are self-organized to resolve minor issues.
- Coordinating with Product Owner to prioritize Product Backlog based on Delivery schedule, Sprint summary, Business Value based on ROI calculation.
- Work closely with Product Owner to write User stories using INVEST criteria. Ensuring they have a ‘rich’ acceptance criteria following SMART guidelines.
- Remove conflicts between teams, occurred due to multi-vendor team structure and keep momentum of growth intact.
- Identify dependencies, Risks and mitigations to ensure smooth releases.
- Monitor and safeguard Sprint Goal by tracking metrics such as Velocity Charts and Burn down charts.
- Conducted Scrum of scrum (SoS) meetings and participated in Release planning meetings.
- Preparation and presentation of Status Reports on Sprint basis, Final Status reports for each release. Updating System Architecture Document (SAD) on regular basis.
- Prepare business use cases and perform Functional Testing.
- Perform Data Mapping Documents for various reports. Create SQL queries to perform data validation and Data analysis.
Technology Stack: Agile-Scrum, JIRA, Confluence, MS Visio, MS Word, MS Excel, Oracle 11g, Financial Services Analytical Applications (OFSAA).
Scrum Master/Business Analyst
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Analyse To-Be process and perform GAP analysis for the business requirement.
- Create use cases and prepare dashboards for creating multiple data views.
- Create Data Mapping Templates for multiple sources and use SQL queries to perform data validation from multiple sources.
- Create Entity Relation Diagrams(ER) and provide reporting mock-ups and prototypes.
- Help the team in understanding requirements during Product Backlog Grooming (PBR) sessions.
- Conduct scrum ceremonies (Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Retrospective, Demo & estimations), and monitor team progress.
- Work closely with Product Owner to keep product backlog refined using MOSCOW. Create User stories using INVEST criteria and add acceptance criteria. Provide high level estimates using T-shirt sizing.
- Guide team to split, merge or delete stories (if required) during PBR session and estimate using planning poker.
- Effectively contain Risk by removing impediments and safeguard team from external interference.
- Prepare and track team velocity to future Release planning.
- Work closely to adapt to changing functional requirements and infrastructure changes.
- Help the team to refine and re-estimate the stories, Epics with new release timelines.
- Perform Functional Testing to validate key goals and usability testing.
Technology Stack: Agile-Scrum, Oracle 11g, MySQL, MS Visio, Informatica Powercenter, Java EE 6, XML HTML, spring, Eclipse IDE, MS Office Suite, OBIEE Suite
Scrum Master/Team Lead
- Understand and analyse Business Requirement Templates (BRTs) for Re-pricing of Electricity and Gas utilities and packages. Perform Impact analysis for the new requirements.
- Perform GAP Analysis by understanding the As-Is system and develop understanding and mentor and guide team to configure the To-Be system as per the requirement.
- Mentor team of 5 members and help them to resolve any technical or functional issues.
- Create deployable configuration Scripts using PL/SQL language and Unix Shell scripting.
- Perform Technical code reviews for other team members.
- Coordinate with Testing Team during System Testing and Regression Testing.
- Update Technical and Functional Document for each re-pricing cycle.
- Get approvals from Change Board for production release.
- Coordinate with L3 team for production patch deployment for the respective pricing project.
- Conduct Daily Stand-up, Sprint Planning, Product Backlog Grooming, Sprint Reviews etc.
- Awarded Eminence & Excellence award in Townhall Meet of EU unit for outstanding contribution and leading lead to successful re-pricing projects - Dec 2012.
Technology Stack: Waterfall-Scrum hybrid, Oracle 10g, TOAD, MS Office Suite, Unix, Rational Team Concert (RTC), Java, J2EE, JDBC and Eclipse IDE.
Senior Business Analyst/Support Analyst
- Responsible to maintain Legal Repository process as per government regulations.
- Analyse Problem Reports, Change request for billing domain. Initiated PRWIP0 project to close all the Billing related Problem Report (PR) for last 2 years. Highly appreciated by client for this project.
- Resolve Billing and Post billing related support tickets and provide mentorship to 2 juniors working along with me. Received Bravo Award as part of this role.
Technology Stack: Waterfall Methodology, Kenan Billing System, Oracle, TOAD, Unix, Putty.
Senior Software Engineer
- Perform code migration from existing C++ code base to .Net framework.
- Developed a tool to read compressed output from upstream system to resolve system failures in ordering system.
Technology Stack: Waterfall Methodology, C++, .Net
- Follow Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) process to understand requirements, create test cases and perform development.
- In corporate new levels of partner commission plans in system as per business requirements.
- Automated critical test cases using Quick Test professional (QTP) tools to reduce manual effort of performing them during regression.
- Perform System testing and provide support during UAT testing.
- Support to resolve operational issues for Business operations team for Billing and Post Billing areas.
- Implemented Oblicore Tool to automate generation of SLA reports across 21 applications. Highly appreciated by management as it resulted in saving manual effort of 2*21 hrs weekly.
Technology Stack: Waterfall Methodology, .Net, Kenan Billing, Oracle, TOAD.