Over 14 years of IT experience in Property & Casualty Insurance with expertise in Project Management, Delivery Management, Business/Strategic consulting, application architecture, business analysis, vendor management for custom built applications or Guidewire product implementation spanning across Underwriting, Billing, Claims, Contact / Service Center and Workflow management.
PROFESSIONAL / PROJECT EXPERIENCE:
Sr. Project Manager / Scrum Master
Confidential, Rocky Hill, CT
- Delivered a $11M program implementing global insurance claims system using Guidewire ClaimCenter to support various claims business unit.
- Developed the strategic vision, E2E roadmap for the program.
- Responsible for implementing program governance, process, procedures, frameworks, quality control practices, issues, risks, status reporting for the domain projects and working with various project managers / scrum masters to ensure governance policies are met for the successful delivery of the program.
- Responsible for the management and supervision of claims IT team including hiring, work assignments, mentoring, coaching, establishing goals, monitoring, corrective actions, performance evaluation, annual reviews.
- Implemented agile process transformation with Scrum, Kanban, agile at scale (Scrum of Scrums), lean - agile, DevOps, coach scrum teams for continuous improvement. Reduced QA / Documentation / localization tail and enabled release on demand by implementing best practices from DevOps like TDD, CI, CD, Code refactoring & emphasis on automated testing.
- Responsible for all communications to business stakeholders & Claims teams both internal & external including contract negotiations (RFI/ RFP) and management of vendors resources assigned to the program.
- Responsible for maintaining, enhancing and availability of production applications within Claims IT and representing Claims IT function in program board and insurance executive committees.
- As a member of architectural review and approval board coordinated evaluations, roadmap, solution development, technology stack identification, tools review, hardware configuration, system application and integration design.
- Performed strategic consulting to develop a vision, define roadmap, high level architecture options, relative sizing and program estimation to develop a single instance of global claims processing system called Global Insurance ClaimCenter.
- Provided consulting services to business owners as initial point of contact for IT on a daily basis and through the entire life cycle of the program from ideation through delivery and production maintenance. Accelerated business benefit realization by decoupling the ClaimCenter application rollout for insurance teams from strategic platform buildout and realized business opportunities, performance drivers like by transitioning legal bill review process to Bottom line technologies, claims web, streamlining claim financials and payments process, compliance reporting etc.. .
Technologies / Tools: ASP.NET, C#, VB.NET, Java, J2EE, MVC, GW GOSU, Web Services SOA, SOAP, WSDL, REST, XML, XSD, JSON, SOAP UI, UML, MQs, SSO, Windows Applications, SQL Server, Visio, COGNOS, Jenkins, Sonar Qube, Solar winds, JIRA, Confluence, SVN, TFS, HP ALM, HP UFT, HP Load Runner, MS Project.
Project Manager / Scrum Master
Confidential, Windsor, CT
- As scrum master facilitated Guidewire configuration team of Product owners, BA, Developers, testers for multiple releases.
- Lead a team of 10 - 12 Confidential team members assigned to the program and responsible for the management and supervision of the team including hiring, work assignments, mentoring, coaching, establishing goals, monitoring, corrective actions, performance evaluation, annual reviews.
- Develop solution architecture by collaborating with Business Leads / SMEs including defining LOB definition & high-level solution and business process for all lines of business.
- Organized inception workshops to scope high-level requirements and estimating total work effort for the implementation.
- Managed product backlog with Business Product Owner & Business Leads for interim releases, iteration & change requests
- D eveloped a policy data enhancer to identify and add coverages and limit information to policy responses received from legacy policy admin systems.
- Delivered a consulting engagement to develop the personal & commercial line of business model for claims systems. The engagement involved working with product teams, underwriting, actuarial and claims to define LOB, products, policy types, coverages, coverage terms, exposures and incidents.
- Develop simple POCs for business team to understand TO-BE system making configuration changes to code for inception.
Technologies / Tools: Java, J2EE, Spring, GW GOSU, Web Services SOA, SOAP, WSDL, XML, XSD, SOAP UI, UML, MQs, SSO, Oracle, Visio, Agile Central, SVN, HP ALM, HP UFT, HP Load Runner, MS Project
Project Lead / Lead Business Analyst
Confidential, Brea, CA
- Lead a team of 8 - 10 Confidential BA team members assigned to the program for various scrum teams managing task, team members, process adherence and ensuring quality requirement deliverables.
- Work with business owners to develop AS IS and TO BE business process maps for the solution being built and present them to stakeholders and review feedback.
- Gather and document requirements for complex modules by coordinating with Business owners, leads & SMEs and handover to development and testing teams.
- Along with project assignment delivered a business Case study on consumer / customer portal, mobile applications & social media for a leading personal lines P&C insurer. The case study involved competitive landscape among insurers, benefits and road map for solution implementation.
Technologies / Tools: Java, J2EE, Spring, GW GOSU, Web Services SOA, SOAP, WSDL, XML, XSD, SOAP UI, UML, MQs, SSO, DB2, Visio, Agile Central, SVN, HP ALM, HP UFT, HP Load Runner, MS Project
- Domain Lead for 12 - 15 Business Architects / Analysts.
- Lead practice initiatives to develop service offerings & knowledge assets, white papers, case studies, accelerators and develop subject matter expertise among team members.
- Define goals, apprise, provide feedback, mentor and train team members.
Sr. Business Analyst
Confidential, Schaumburg, IL
- Responsible for requirements gathering for the PEGA implementation of the UW business process management application.
- Along with project assignment delivered consulting engagements for identifying challenges and streamlining the underwriting process across various groups like service center, underwriters, underwriting assistants, raters, assembly tech and managers.
- Delivered consulting engagement for developing a commercial underwriting desktop system. The engagement involved developing a high-level solution, architecture, roadmap and framework for the customer.
Technologies / Tools: PEGA, Java, J2EE, Web Services SOA, SOAP, WSDL, XML, XSD, SOAP UI, UML, MQs, Oracle, Visio, SVN, HP ALM, HP UFT, HP Load Runner, MS Project
Sr. Business Analyst
Confidential, Brea, CA
- Electronic Claims Payments - S treamlining existing claims payments processes. The initiative involved analysis of existing & new solutions, payment methods, straight thru processing and cost savings for the insurer.
- Straight Thru Processing of Material Damage Processes - I mplementing straight thru processing in Auto Physical Damage estimation and repair process. The engagement involved re-engineering existing Material Damage processes and integrating 3rd party estimating solution with the insurer’s claims systems.
- Service Excellence in First Notice of Loss Processes - R e-engineer Contact Center First Notice of Loss process & develop a web application to replace the legacy FNOL application for the insurer.
Technologies / Tools: Java, J2EE, Struts, EJB, Web Services SOA, SOAP, WSDL, XML, XSD, SOAP UI, UML, MQs, DB2, Visio, Clear Case, HP ALM, HP UFT, HP Load Runner, Rational REQPRO, MS Project
Project Lead / Developer
- Re-engineering Legacy Billing & Collections Systems - R e-engineering and implementing straight thru processing in billing & collection processes, develop a web application to replace the legacy billing & collection application for the insurer.
- Along with project assignments delivered a case study identifying road map, tools and approach to reverse engineer VB 6.0 applications for the insurer.