- An organized professional as a Scrum Master with 7+ years of experience in using Agile and Waterfall methodologies for the projects.
- Analytical thinker and communicator with facilitation and conflict resolution skills
- Good understanding on several agile frameworks like Scrum, XP and Kanban and well versed in full lifecycle software development (SDLC)
- Mentored, Coached and facilitated teams through a complete transitioning from SDLC to an Agile/ Scrum
- Helped define processes and tools best suited. Focused on customer needs through adherence to Agile Scrum best practices
- Strong experience in working with agile lifecycle, and/or tracking, and process management tools like Rally and JIRA
- Expert in empowering the teams to migrate the project from Waterfall to Agile models.
- Proficient in playing the role as a Scrum Master in the phases of Backlog refinement, Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, and Sprint Review Meetings.
- Skilled in directing the JAD (Joint Application Development) sessions to collect the business requirements.
- Utilized the Agile Scrum Methodology for improved communication and collaboration.
- Used JIRA board to supervise the status of user stories, team velocity, and deadlines.
- Lead the daily scrum calls with offshore teams situated in different time zones.
- Checking the progress of user stories in different sprints by using KANBAN.
- Finding the pain points and eliminating inefficiencies by handling the Retrospective.
- Managed the schedules, deadlines, and resources by using MS Project.
- Developed target questionnaire for SME’s to refine the requirements and convert them into business rules.
- Successfully migrated projects from Waterfall to Agile/Scrum
- Used Burn - down charts to assist in tracing the Sprint release.
- Intensive expert in operating with agile lifecycle, and/or tracking, and process management tools like Rally and JIRA.
- Extensively used SQL queries for d Confidential verification and validation.
- Coordinated work and mitigated issues related to the development team using Scrum integrating with development teams that were using waterfall methodologies.
- Made sure to deliver the project within the time and budget while working with engineering teams.
- While releasing the sprint output to the production, involved in the business demonstrations.
- Utilized Rally for maintain User Story Hierarchy, Backlog Grooming, Updating Tasks, Connecting Rally with JIRA and Quality Centre, Planning Iterations and Releases.
- Ability to manage the scrum and cross-functional teams with many team members.
Skills & Expertise:
Methodologies: SCRUM, KANBAN, Waterfall, XP
Databases & Tools: Oracle, MySQL
Languages: SQL, UML, Java
Internet Technologies: HTML, XML, HTTP
Software: Share point, Oracle Web Center, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, MS Visio and MS Web, MS Excel, MS Plan View, Rally, Jira, Confluence.
Confidential, Sanfrancisco, CA
Sr. Scrum Master
- Enthusiastically took part in scrum ceremonies such as Sprint planning, Daily scrum, Iteration review, and Iteration retrospective.
- Liberation of technical requirements by creating user stories.
- Participated actively in the phases of the project with business and development team.
- Dealing with the overall performance and maintaining the team together to make certain successful sprints.
- Guaranteed completion of task within the time and budget.
- Used agile methodology and worked in short Sprints to achieve goals.
- Recognized impediments throughout the development process.
- Eliminated roadblocks for successful iterations, which led to the transition of releases on time.
- Successfully met the goal by managing the project.
- Experience in team oriented environment with outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Involved in risk mitigation meeting to determine the plan of action and delivery.
- Developed the web interfaces for system using JSP technology, which provides flexibility in page design.
- Helped the product owners to come up with set of stories for better understanding for estimate and development.
- Drew strategy of release plans for product backlogs, created sprint back logs according to the release cycles and estimated hours of work for user stories, reviewed the Burn down chart to target the delivery dates for each sprint, and facilitated daily stand up meetings.
- Collaborated with the project team and stake holders to describe the scope, objective, resource allocation, budget, and timeline.
- Filing the document of retrospective, demo recordings and working agreement.
- Tracked the issues related to the projects and its deployments with the help of Share Point.
- Migrating the Project from Waterfall to Scrum is major responsibility.
- Resolved cross-functional issues at project level by active communication.
Environment: Windows, Java, SQL, Rally, MS Visio.
Confidential, Sunnyvale, CA
- Facilitated daily Scrum meeting, Sprint planning, Sprint retrospectives and Sprint reviews.
- Interacted with stakeholders/product owners to prioritize stories for upcoming Sprints. Schedule/facilitate sprint planning meeting(s) prior to the beginning of each sprint. Work with product owners and delivery teams to groom stories in advance of each sprint.
- Prepared detailed and clearly written product requirement specifications, acceptance criteria based on Product owner/stakeholders needs and coordinate review of the requirements with internal partners.
- Supported and educated the Product Owner, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
- Enabled improvement in team delivery commitments and capacity planning for sprints by identifying & tracking hidden tasks that increased customer satisfaction.
- Updated Agile (scrum) metrics tracking variables to provide transparency on product and Sprint backlogs.
- Collaborated with technology managers and directors to lead projects in support of the department's strategic plan.
- Removed impediments and guided the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel/team to remove the impediment.
- Monitored proactively risks, issues and scope, ensuring the appropriate level of priority, visibility and escalation.
- Ensured that development teams were practicing core agile principles.
- Provided all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example.
Confidential, Irwindale, CA
- Interviewed the focus groups with Business users and Product owners and collected the user requirements.
- Created the epics and themes for the scrum project.
- Helped the scrum team to design the tasks by explaining the created user stories.
- Actively participated in sprint planning, daily scrum, iteration review, and iteration retrospective.
- Involved in the meetings to confirm about the sprint backlogs and checking the output respectively.
- Facilitated agile adoption retrospective for the organization.
- Provide visibility to team impediments, risks and helped them in removing.
- Created release tracking document in order to track the necessary changes.
- Representing the team to report overall project status and upcoming risks and suggest solution about it.
- Providing the senior management with weekly reports.
- Coached and mentored agile team members and provides constructive performance feedback.
- Administered risk remediation meetings.
- Concentrated on customer needs through adherence to Agile scrum best practices.
- Involved in developing user interface using JSP, CSS, and Java Script.
- Primarily used Rally to manage Agile Projects and MS project for Waterfall.
- Accomplished as a primary contact for the customer during the whole project.
- Effectively managed multiple vendors or stake holders to deliver features with excellent quality.
- Utilized Business Process Models to describe the scope of the project.
- Facilitated Backlog grooming sessions with Product owner, which helped in effective sprint planning sessions.
- Communicate system changes and processes to appropriate personnel, documenting processes as necessary.
- Fine-tuned Agile processes to deliver successfully within the corporate culture.
Environment: Windows, HTML, Share Point, Rally, MS Visio.
Confidential, Seattle, WA
- Functioning as Scrum Master utilizing the SCRUM Agile methodology, successfully implemented in MSP Program. Work with Project managers on development of budgets to ensure completed projects meet cost, quality, and schedule.
- Facilitate scrum ceremonies like grooming, sprint planning, retrospectives, daily stand-ups
- Empower the team to self-organize
- Identify and remove impediments, prevent distractions
- Co-ordinate with Stakeholders and product owner for meeting sprint objectives
- Build positive working relationship between stakeholders and project managers
- Co-ordinate multiple project review meetings across different project milestones
- Enable process standards and best practices for effective project execution
- Articulate business user needs to software development teams - user stories
- Track and communicate team velocity in Burn down charts and sprint/release progress
- Led and delivered small to large-scale cross functional Agile projects
- Manage timely communication between various internal and external stakeholders
- Met goal of addressing and resolving issues within 24 hours
- Communicate timely functional /technical/managerial feedback to Development team
- Prepare development status reports and timely communication to various account stakeholders
- Proactive identification & escalation of risks to stakeholders
- Ensure team practice Agile and facilitate scrum ceremonies as a servant leader
- Participate in meetings, technical discussion, reviews and release planning.
- Resolved cross-dependencies conflicts by creating and utilizing a Scrum of Scrums with distributed Scrum Masters.
Confidential, Washington, WA
- Used Waterfall methodology, worked from the inception of the project till the maintenance phase.
- Prepared various documents like Business requirement, Functional Requirement and Non-Functional requirement documents.
- Attended demo sessions to understand existing system functionalities.
- Arranged interviews with all the stakeholders to review and understand the gathered business.
- Created and explained the User Stories to the Scrum Team and helped them design the Tasks.
- Designed acceptance criteria for validating the output of each Sprint.
- Participated in Sprint Planning and Sprint review meetings for finalizing the Sprint Backlogs and Verifying the sprint outputs respectively
- Created Release Tracking Document in order to track the necessary changes.
- Participated in Business Demonstrations and Decisions for the Release of the Sprint Output to Production.
- Worked on preparing the Test plans and test scenarios for testing the functionality part of the application.
- Successfully collaborated with the development, UI and testing team to make sure that the deliverables meet with the requirement provided.
- Assess Variances from Project Plan and develop and implemented changes as necessary to ensure that project remains within the specified scope and is with in Schedule, Cost and quality objectives.
- Worked with Project Manager, Development and Testing Teams in negotiating and setting deadlines on the assigned Tasks.
- Identified areas for user training and worked with the training team in developing training content.
- Lead the business analyst team in the process of standardizing job parameters, job flows, audit process and rollback strategies for the successful implementation of each required feature.
- Coordinated with system architects and developers to convert business requirements into system requirements.
- Worked closely with other BAs and ETL Leads/Managers and was responsible to perform detailed d Confidential requirements analysis and create design specifications and operational documentation.
Environment: Windows, Microsoft Project, Rational Rose, Java, SQL.