Over 20 years’ hands - on experience designing, architecting and leading the execution of IT migration and transformation of infrastructure and applications from current state (e.g., on-premises data centers, collocation, managed services) to future state that includes cloud (public, private and hybrid), off-premises data centers, collocation, and 3rd party managed services.
- Developing cloud strategy that includes standardized application architecture, application rationalization, high availability and disaster recovery, and repeatable deployment plans.
- Designing IT migrations that are delivered within scope, on time and within budget.
- Building and leading migration teams that include both experienced and non-experienced personnel.
- Working with all IT stakeholders (i.e., C-level execs, application owners, department heads, finance, current-state operations personnel).
- Exceptional project and program management along with requisite communication skills.
- Hands-on cloud experience
- Application and infrastructure security
- Systems integration of complex applications (including multiple developers, software and vendors)
- Cost tracking, asset tracking, and charge-back using standard cloud services and capabilities
- IT portfolio management that balances strategy, priorities, resources and budget
- Delivered application rationalization and deployment plan to be completed within one year.
- Served as Cloud Architect on two cloud migration proposals.
- Served as Cloud Architect on a migration project for US Civilian Federal Agency that included migration of all applications to Amazon Web Services (AWS), new WAN (including Confidential facilities on East and West coasts) and high-speed connectivity between Confidential facilities and AWS. Applications deployed in two AWS Regions and across multiple Availability Zones within each AWS Region to provide required redundancy and inherent DR.
- Performed cloud consulting for Federal agencies.
Confidential, Fairfax, VA
- Primary focus on developing standardized Cloud Services that could be consistently delivered to multiple clients. Included associated IT service management to ensure each application was appropriately secure, available, scalable and cost effective.
- Identified, planned and delivered two standard private cloud offerings that can be delivered around the world in Confidential data center or on customer premises.
- Developed and implemented global Hybrid IT strategy that included infrastructure (including Private and Public Cloud), Service Integration and Management (IT Service Management), Consolidated multi-platform Portal, and associated consulting services.
- Developed and implemented Offerings Process that enabled creation and delivery of standardized combinations of technology and services.
- Solution & Transformation Architect in Hamburg Confidential during Q4 2014 on a global transformation project for a major shipping company.
- Led a turnaround of an underperforming contract to build the Healthcare.gov website, introducing new levels of discipline and precision at all levels of planning and execution; restored confidence and reliability to this high-profile, highly complex project to secure a renewal of the business valued at $60MM.
- Serve as a trusted advisor and subject matter expert with respect to all cloud computing services, advocating the introduction of secure, available, scalable, manageable and cost-effective cloud applications aligned with the needs of the market.
- Envisioned, developed, and deployed standard services for Cloud customers governing Transition/Onboarding, IT Service Management, Security Services, and Optional Advanced Services.
- Innovated a multi-phase process that will lead to a business model migration towards hybrid IT services that include cloud, traditional data centers, colocation, and 3rd party managed services.
- Secured a key partnership with Confidential, leading to contracts to migrate clients to the open and flexible Confidential Azure cloud platform.
- Captured $1.2MM in revenue from a migration of a civilian agency’s applications to a community cloud.
- Responsibility to plan and the accountability for implementation of migration engagements.
- Facilitated the flow of key information and communications across all stakeholders.
- Spearheaded the launch of a new disaster recovery site, delivering all project milestones on-time and within budget; provided decisive project management and leadership that resulted in the first successful disaster recovery test in over a year for a major healthcare provider serving the needs of enterprise companies that include Confidential and Confidential .
- Monthly revenue from this project is $1.75MM.
- Led the migration of Confidential production applications, delivered a disaster recovery risk assessment.
- Transformed a troubled project into a resounding success across all metrics and created a reference client. Annual revenue from this project exceeds $1.5MM.
Confidential, Reston, VA
- Directed migration and transformation initiatives on behalf of clients of this global information technology company, including the Confidential and the Confidential Service.
- Lead role in the development and delivery of a data center strategy assessment that identified more than $3MM in annual savings opportunities while defining a multi-year IT strategic roadmap for this agency of the US Department of Agriculture that administers the nation's 155 national forests and 20 national grasslands, encompassing 193 million acres.
- Successfully delivered two programs that provided a broad spectrum of managed services for multiple agencies, including database administration, J2EE support, network management, and security services.
- Envisioned, developed, and delivered two major n-tier platforms for key Confidential financial application that incorporated virtualization, managed services, and initial adoption of cloud computing.
- Served an integral role in the design and proposal of an 8-year project to transform the agency’s technology model from a server-based IT to workload-based IT and, eventually, a cloud computing platform; defined the capture strategy for a data center outsourcing opportunity valued at $150MM.
Confidential, Redmond, WA
Senior Product Manager
- Developed and released packaged solutions for delivery by Confidential Consulting Services and a global network of Confidential Partners.
- Coordinated and led marketing and technical information sessions for audiences of internal and external stakeholders.
- Surpassed all sales targets to deliver $25MM in revenue in 2009, driven by the production of three services-based engagement packages that accelerated the deployment of Confidential technologies by strategic partners.
- Prepared and delivered podcasts and webcasts to accompany the launch of new product versions.
- Introduced a product development dashboard in Confidential SharePoint that allowed development teams and management to oversee and review the progress of each initiative, with access to sales by area, revenue, pipeline and key planning information.
- Built, launched and managed Project Management Office for the Confidential, that included a portfolio of 21 solutions that combined Confidential software with the services to deploy and manage the software (i.e., Mobile Device Management).
- Constructed a dashboard showcasing the phase, timeline, technical diagrams, and value proposition of each product development project; dashboard content experienced an increase of 300% in number of portal hits, and a 900% increase in the number of downloads.
- Eliminated $1MM in costs through the consolidation of work from five labs into a single centralize lab offering standardized services.
- Migrated PMO dashboard and management tools from SharePoint 2003 to Confidential Office SharePoint Server 2007 in less than 30 days