- Certified Scrum Master and Project Manager with more than 20 years of experience in consulting, managing and delivering projects to clients in Insurance, Finance, Banking and manufacturing domains.
- Managed multiple concurrent projects in the property and casualty space of Business Insurance domain with budgets ranging from $500K to $5M with team size ranging from 20 to 100 members on - site (US) and off-shore (India) teams.
- As part of BI Downstream Financial Applications portfolio, delivered multiple projects like Confidential Rewrite, Confidential, DRAW Rewrite, Sensitive Data Encryption, CMI warehouse, and Confidential under budget and on schedule.
- Managed and lead IT teams on requirements, profiling and extracting data for larger Data warehouses, ETL, and dashboard/reports design.
- Defined processes and suggested tools best suited to each project. Moved between agile and waterfall approaches depending on project specifics and client/business needs & goals, created detailed project road maps, plans, schedules and work breakdown structures.
- Managed delivery of IT application development and support for global customers across spread across multiple regions through a strong global delivery model and critical SLA's.
Tools: MS-Office, MS Visio, MS Power Point, Microsoft Project 2010, MS Office Remedy, Rally, Quality Centre, SharePointCA-Products (CA-7, CA-View), Abend-Aid, File- aid, SPUFI, Xpeditor, Control-M, Sync sort, NDM, MQ, QMF, SPUFI, BMS Tools, XPEDITOR, CEMT, CEDF, .NET.Qlikview
Databases: DB2, IMS DB, VSAM, SQL, ORACLE
Languages: COBOL, JCL, Java, Assembler, FOCUS, MQ
Platform: IBM z/OS 390, MVS/ESA, MVS/XA, Windows 9x/NT/2000/XP, Unix, GEAC
OLTP: CICS, IMSDC
Version Control: Endevor, Changeman, SVN
Confidential, Hartford, CT
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
- Coached, mentored scrum teams and product owner to prioritize backlog, elaborate and breakdown stories (Refinement), develop acceptance criteria & conduct scrum ceremonies.
- Led Iteration Planning sessions.
- Helped develop trusting work environment enabling open communication, identify risks and obstacles in time, excel at agile process, coached scrum teams become self-organized and high-performing to deliver higher business value, keep pace with business and be able to address changing business priorities and requirements effectively.
- Guided development team from project initiation to delivery of final product.
- Experienced in Agile (Kanban & Scrum) including Sprint Planning, Backlog Management, User stories, Epics, Story Points, Velocity Calculation, Mockup and Testing & Defect Management.
- Representing interests of the sponsor collaborated with senior / product managers to align IT with business priorities, managed risks, eliminated obstacles, optimized resource utilization and drove projects to closure.
- Worked daily with application developers, QA developers, and the SCRUM team to elaborate stories as a member of the implementation team. Works as primary product specialist for the implementation team, manages the team’s sprint backlog, participates actively in all phases of the iteration (sprint), and a key stakeholder in product decisions and release planning. Product and technology focused and, as such, works closely with the Product Owner in leading the implementation team.
- Experience in managing End to End project implementation through all phases of SDLC.
- Brought in Agile best practices such as time boxing, continuous integration, code/design reviews, transparency, product visioning, technical debt reduction, self-management and, empowerment.
- Assisted with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information through useful reports and dashboards.
- Deliver the requirements by understanding and balancing the competing demands for project scope, time, cost, risk, and quality
- Participated in JAD sessions, interacting with Business users for requirement gathering.
- Managed and supported all phases of Data warehouse development life cycle work on identifying the resources and participants and estimates effort required to achieve project goals
- Manage projects that involve complex objectives and have multiple cross-site/cross-functional sponsors, owners and/or team members
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated project management documentation
- Worked in tandem with client manager and responsible for costing and tracking budgets to control variances.
- Partner with other IT groups, Business Stakeholders.
- Single point of escalation for issue resolution.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope.
- Translates terminology between technical and non-technical staffs
- Facilitate scrum ceremonies (sprint planning, retrospectives, daily stand-ups, etc.)
- Supported the work item prioritization with business to ensure the backlog has sufficient prioritized user stories at a “ready” status to stay ahead of the Team for maintenance teams
- Track and communicate team velocity and sprint/release progress
- Reviewing Requirement, Feasible Solution, Detail Design and Requirement Traceability Matrix documents.
- Expertise in coming up with high level ROMS, detailed Project Estimates using different Estimation techniques
- Performing Capacity Planning for production support engagements
- Performing project closure activities.
- Preparing plans for the Knowledge Transitions processes etc.,
- Participated in SOX Quality Audits at client site and SOX Consolidation across multiple projects.
- Experience in working in and leading Onshore and Offshore project teams
- Successfully transitioned DFS work orders from Staff-Aug model to more collaborative execution model
Environment: Rally, Remedy, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Visio, SharePoint 2010, .NET, Teradata, Qlikview, Ab intio, COBOL, DB2, VSAM, JCL etc.
Confidential, St Paul, MN
- Participating on business Queue meetings
- Prioritizing work with business teams and routing it to teams
- Providing subject matter expertise on Across Accounts application
- Acted as single point of contact between business and vendor IT teams for Across Accounts application
- Planned and executed loss data profiling for CMI Warehouse
- Data cleansing performed there by improving data quality
- Technical hands on expertise in Mainframe technologies like COBOL - DB2-CICS - IMS - VSAM - JCL, and Data warehouse tools and techniques
- Performed ETL activities like creating data mapping documents, coding/testing extraction programs, SPs and ran Load/Unloads utilities
Environment: COBOL, DB2, JCL, Cool:Gen, VSAM, QMF, SPUFI, MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Visio etc.
Designer and Tech Lead
- Estimated time and efforts for the Enhancements
- Preparation of TS (Technical Specifications) based on the existing functionality and requirements
- Coding and testing (unit, system and functional) as per requirements
- For FDE PLP project Reviewing Requirement Documents. Preparing Feasible Solution Documents and Detail Design Documents
- Coming up with high level ROMS, detailed Project Estimates using Function Point Estimation technique and other techniques
- Participated in data modeling and design sessions at client location in Leeds, UK
- Initial Database Design and loading by performing Extraction, Transformation and Loading activities from different data sources
- Preparing and Reviewing different project deliverables like detail design document, Feasibility Solution Documents, Technical Specifications, Coding all types of Testing activities
Environment: COBOL, DB2, JCL, VSAM, QMF, SPUFI, MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Visio etc
Designer and Tech Lead
- Analyze& understand raw data from source systems.
- Study existing data to identify relevant fields within tables, which aid in development of reference data.
- Identify any inconsistencies in data patterns & improve data quality
- Interact with Business Users, Subject Matter Experts and other stakeholders with the analyzed data to determine if relevant ‘raw data’ is captured
- Perform ETL activities