Highly motivated and accomplished leader with over 20 years of management experience seeks position with dynamic organization that welcomes initiative and dedication and demands excellence in meeting business objectives and exceeding standards. A professional with over 14 years in the IT Service Operations planning and implementing information solutions that takes advantage of business opportunities with respect for budget constraints. A former professional athlete - turned-coach who brings a unique ability to structure effective, motivated teams and inspire employee loyalty while simultaneously understanding the strategic direction and operational needs of the organization he serves. A proven strength in establishing and maintaining key relationships; emphasis on relationship-building and process improvement to provide integrated solutions that ensure customer satisfaction.
- Program/Project Management
- NOC/SOC Management
- Help Desk Management
- Disaster Recovery Planning
- ITIL-Business Process Re-Engineering
- Infrastructure Deployment and Build out
- Budgeting/Forecasting & Vendor Negotiation
- Staff Development & Technical Team Leadership
- Facilities Management
- Corporate Governance
- Client/Server Systems
- Systems Integration & Implementation
Confidential, Kearneysville, WV
Program Manager/NOC/SOC Manager
- Implemented a successful electronic health records system (EHR) for the USCG. Planned, developed and managed a Cyber Security Program that places numerous information system controls, processes, procedures and countermeasures around the IHiS architecture to ensure the Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability of this PHI (protected health information) and PII (personally identifiable information) system. Managed project facilities build out to include an off-site data center from inception to fruition.
- Recruited/ hired staff of Contact Center analysts, network and security engineers to work with the United States Coast Guard (USCG) to develop a FISMA, DISA, PCI-DSS, HIPAA and DHS-4300 compliant Integrated Health Information System (IHiS) that serves to connect medical clinics, laboratories and pharmacies by integrating the information into computerized patient files. These systems include highly structured patient encounter documentation; and discrete, computable data for reports and data mining.
- Implemented a 24x7 Contact Call Center NOC/SOC operations to include Tiers 1 through 3 with emphasis on Incident/Problem Management utilizing Cisco Call Manager and LANDESK. IHiS is composed of multiple commercial-off-the-shelves (COTS), government-off-the-shelf (GOTS) and open source products that have been carefully engineered to meet the unique security requirements of this DHS and DoD Healthcare System. Conducted training for clinical staff on the IHiS system use.
Confidential, Ashburn, VA
Cloud/Managed Hosting Operations Manager
- Implemented repeatable processes for Managed Cloud Platform (MCP) builds domestically and internationally to meet budget and timeline constraints.
- Managed and evolved the operations for various SaaS stacks in the cloud based on multi-product, multi-component deployments including network access gateways, application servers, load balancers and databases.
- Responsible for the operations of 24x7, high volume, globally dispersed, highly available systems for enterprise clients.
- Monitored and improved the operational efficiency through the use of automation, scripting, etc.
- Monitored and improved the availability of the system. Monitored and improved the performance of the system through tuning.
- Planned capacity based on business needs and usage trends.
- Created and enhanced security policies and procedures. Implemented security management tools. Monitored security.
- Planned and implemented disaster recovery procedures.
- Discovered and practiced cutting edge approaches to IT operations and software development through best practices.
- Proactive in establishing and enforcing change and problem management.
- Led, managed, grew, and trained a global Cloud Ops team for CaaS.
- Worked hand-in-hand with the engineering team(s) to assist with influencing features and deliverables.
Confidential, Ashburn, VA
Project Manager/Service Deliver Manager
- Responsible for managing the deployment and delivery of Cloud services within the CBU. Working closely with cross functional teams for the deployment and ongoing support of Cloud services to both internal stakeholders and clients globally. ( Confidential Global, Accenture Global, Adobe, Mattel)
- Led Cloud deployment projects from inception to deployment;
- Established and maintained relationships among cross functional groups; Worked closely with cross functional groups to develop project plans
- Facilitated meetings and coordinated resources to meet project schedule; Defined project scope, goals, and deliverables to requirements set forth by stakeholders
- Managed and maintained regional and client relationships on new builds; Collaborating, identifying, and executing appropriate project documentation from initiation through close-out of each project
- Performed project risk analysis and contingency planning
- Demonstrated continuous improvement through post project reviews and in corporation of lessons learned
- Weekly Executive Reporting
- Documented and clearly defined team member’s roles and project objectives
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; Demonstrated ability to present/communicate to audiences that are comprised of Senior Level Executives and/or Senior Management.
- Determined strict adherence to proper escalation and change control procedures.
Confidential, Fairfax, VA
- Executed strategy for expanding existing relationships, managing the program finances while aligning with the business objectives. Responsible for management oversight of the DOT IT Shared Services contract for (DSFG); Subcontractor to a Prime contractor for IT support contract (Team comprised of FTE’s on multiple 10+ Task orders across 5 locations).
- Delivered on all contract requirements including technical, cost, schedule, and quality performance.
- Developed and communicated strategies, goals, and objectives, program status and/or health, plans and schedules.
- Management of IT Service Desk: Implemented Cisco Call Manager. Led the Service Desk team of 24 analysts; maintained first call resolution rate average (FCR) of 85% while receiving an average of 5,800 contacts/month (service requests/ incidents and assisting with tier 2/3 client-server support). Implemented extended call service hours (24x7) and balanced staff assignments to meet contract demands with an emphasis on Incident and Problem Management.
- Improved customer satisfaction rating (from 3.3 to 4.2 out of 5). Gathered customer feedback input on a regular basis to develop new approaches to respond to customer requirements.
- Technologies introduced to improve efficiency:
- Member of IT Governance team that led overall adoption and implementation of ITIL best practices.
- Initiated trainings and project implementations on Remedy deployment of ITIL Problem/ Service Management, Service Continuity, which consisted of developing SOPs, OLAs/SLAs, and policy and procedures that vastly improved key relationships across functional Operations teams.
- Established a vision, end state, and then guided the work of the entire team toward that vision, while helping the team to establish pride in their work as well as knowledge of how their work contributed to the program goals. Provides project groups and individual feedback on a routine basis.
Confidential, Reston, VA
Deputy Program Manager
- Supervising the functional managers, advise the Program Manager on the issues/risks, schedule, technical performance resource needs and cost controls of the program
- Assisting federal managers in assessing and mitigating program/project risks, regardless of their stage in the project life cycle, using project management best practices with an innovative next-generation focus
- Partnering with federal managers to integrate functional, technical, cost, and schedule information and coordinate with key stakeholders across the agency.
- Developing program plans, resource estimates, and detailed schedules that minimize risk.
- Analyzing requirements and reengineer approaches using new processes and technologies, assess systems, and analyze the economics of emerging technologies.
- Ensuring that government managers have the best information to make decisions, by assisting the agency to establish or modify policies and procedures, launch initiatives, or acquire new systems.
- Interface with the NRC management team to ensure successful execution of daily Operations & Maintenance activities to include security, helpdesk, network operations and desk side teams, Implemented Cisco Call Manager while upgrading the Remedy modular ticketing system for all support teams.
- Facilitating transformation change within the enterprise leading to the adoption of ITIL v3 best practices
Development & Integration Manager
Confidential, Rockville, MD
- Responsible for ensuring the delivery to the NRC customer of professional quality project deliverables on time, as defined in each project’s scope of work agreement utilizing ITIL best practices
- Introduced Remedy Change Management into the environment. Member of on the (CAB) Change Advisory Board.
- Implemented (TCR) Technical Change Request approvals for any change proposed for the production environment that must go through the test facility and CAB
- Supported the project leads managing technology project initiatives utilizing WBS, PWA and Microsoft EPM.
- Guided and facilitated issue and risk resolution, as needed, working closely with the NRC management to address issues that arise during project planning and execution.
- Worked with the NRC management team to identify new project work for the D&I staff, and provided project task estimation and planning response deliverables for each proposed project initiative.
- Managed the Confidential satellite office facility located in Rockville. MD to include physical plant issues, supplies and overall environment. (Facility Management)
- Provided support to the D&I staff in career development aspirations including bi-annual performance reviews; developed an independent training plan (IDP), and providing ongoing timely performance feedback.
- Introduced/developed and oversaw the Project Management Office (PMO) in complying with and supporting project management principles, policies and process standards.
- Managed the Consolidated Test Facility to validate and verify technology solutions prior to release into POE (Production Operating Environment). Guided a team of engineers providing services to include security scanning and system hardening; virtual and physical application testing. Network Appliance storage, Cisco and VMWARE solutions are leveraged for this environment.
- Successfully implemented ESM-Enterprise Storage Management into the production environment with an Hitachi SAN-Storage area network
Confidential, Gaithersburg, MD
Global Director of Information Technology
- Designed, implemented and administered the corporate Extranet & Intranet utilizing Microsoft SharePoint technology. Implemented BigFix for asset discovery, patch management and software distribution.
- Successfully introduced/conducted Internal Audits for Information Security and Quality Management company wide in order to establish guidelines for continual improvement; ISO 9001:2001; 17799:2005; 15408
- Successfully implemented the company’s first corporate VoIP PBX/Gateway phone solutions (Avaya), including call center and reporting applications for the Technical Support group. The Call Center was 24x7 and was a follow the sun support structure for our users and customers. Strategically placed gateways in the US, UK and Australia enabled 24 hour support. Remedy was used for ticketing and escalation.
- Delivered office openings and data center build-outs in Miami, the UK and Australia, including vendor management for HVAC, power/generator/UPS, cabling, computing environment, data and voice.
- Established, reviewed and managed IT and telecom budgets to align with business goals.
- Established the provisioning of end-user and customer services including Help Desk, user orientation and technical support using Numara Footprints and Remedy.
- Oversaw the negotiation and administration of vendor and consultant contracts and service agreements.
- Defined and communicated project milestones, service level agreements and resource allocations to executive team, department leads, support staff and end users.
- Provided backup support for senior network and telecom engineers in configuring, administering and troubleshooting corporate hardware/applications.