- Experienced Project manager offering more than 18 years of success leading diverse technology projects in Java JEE technology stack and managed distributed team - size between 5 to 30+ members, projects’ budgets ranging $500K to $10M in matrix PMO.
- Extensive program / project management experience with complete SDLC and completion of web / enterprise application development projects and mobile application development projects for top banking and financial institutions and telecom providers including: Confidential, Confidential, Interac Association, and Confidential (Canada).
- Previous experiences of over 12 years of hands-on experience in large enterprise application software and framework development for Network Management System using Java / JEE, SOA/Web Services, multi-threading, JPA/ORM,
- Excellent knowledge on designing system architecture and solutions using AWS services - EC2, S3, ELB, VPC, RDS, Auto Scaling, Cloud Watch, Hands on experience configuring VPC, monitoring using Cloud Watch for operational excellence.
- Proven experience for 7 plus years in managing multiple, concurrent projects and programs ($10M) using SDLC (waterfall), Agile/ Scrum including application development, Operational Maintenance and support.
- Experienced in managing cross-functional and global programs end-to-end, including project charter, business case for program approval, project creation and allocation, to closure/sustenance of technology projects.
- Strong ability to work autonomously, manage large workload and deal with ambiguity, and also collaborate with various stakeholders to maintain effective communication to deliver projects on time and within budgets.
- Demonstrate expert knowledge of project management methodology and its practical application towards completing work with outstanding negotiating, and facilitating skills in order to execute projects with professionally challenging key stakeholders at various levels of the organization.
- Versatile, innovative, and loyal management professional able to see the “big picture” while staying on top of all the details. Recognized for consistent success in developing the processes and procedures to streamline operations and enhance revenue performance.
- Strong blend of technical skills, business functionality knowledge and communication skills, including proven experience in developing senior executive presentations and communications from scratch, building and maintain relationships with internal stakeholders, implementers, and customers, and SOW negotiation.
- Proficient in customer and vendor communication to elicit IT requirements and lead or assist in managing vendor scope/SOW, documents to track all decisions, schedule, budget, and changes.
- Experienced in representing the Technology Division, its projects and mission at operating level staff meetings and other organizational events to better align and improve processes and best practices where possible with peer project managers across the Technology Division, promoting synchronous delivery.
- Budgeting and Forecasting, Cost control,
- Risk Management
- Client / Vendor Relations
- Change Management, Resource Management, Service Delivery, Contract Negotiations
- Enterprise application development in Cloud - AWS and Google Cloud Platform, micro services, Java/JEE/SOA, Web /UI technologies, ORM, mobile applications
- SharePoint, Clarity, MS Project, Power point, Excel, MS Visio, JIRA, Sales Force, Confluence, Rally
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Solutions Architect/ Project Manager
- Represent Capgemini as Architect and Project Manager working for multiple clients’ strategic projects and managed scope, schedule and cost for web applications on cloud.
- Develop WBS and activity lists, manage schedule, manage and prepare risk response in reports.
- Interface with cross functional stakeholders to communicate project constraints, risks and key development roadmaps ensuring comprehensive adherence to best practices following PMBOK guide.
- Design, architect, and implement next generation system architecture and automation solutions using AWS services - EC2, S3, ELB, VPC, RDS, Auto Scaling, Cloud Watch, SQS, SNS, ElastiCache, DNS, Route 53
- Hands on experience configuring VPC, using Cloud Watch for operational excellence. Provide technical leadership, project guidance, in various areas for cloud implementation and migration;
- Advise Capgemini’s technology delivery leadership on translating client infrastructure and automation business requirements into executable technology solutions, with transition plans;
- Acts as a technical liaison between project stakeholders, service engineering teams and support;
- Review and audit of existing solution, design and system architecture, and define common development processes, platform and tools usage for solutions and delivery using Spring - boot/MVC. ReactJS, Redux
- Act as subject matter expert in systems, infrastructure, automation, and security architecture conforming to NIST and PCI DSS standards.
- Drive Continuous Integration Continuous Delivery automation project implementation by working closely with delivery teams, network security teams and operations and maintenance teams.
Environment: Java SE 1.8, Java EE/ Spring - Boot/MVC, React JS, JPA / Hibernate, Oracle/MySQL, SQL, Eclipse, Veracode, Windows, Linux, Git, Jenkins, maven, Artifactory, Docker, AWS services, micro services and API Gateway
Project Manager - PMO
- Manage multiple strategic initiative projects for scope, schedule and cost and report to PMO.
- Work closely with functional and technology representatives to ensure alignment with business objectives.
- Lead and direct multiple strategic, investment projects (enterprise web application and mobile applications) using a defined standard project management methodology following PMBOK guide.
- Develop WBS and track project schedules to ensure timely completion of project
- Meet financial objectives by forecasting requirements, preparing budgets, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
- Maintain standard project management documentation, document best practice artifacts from successful implementations.
- Manages issue, risks and RAID logs including management of issues through to resolution.
- Stakeholder management; coordinate, communicate and support stakeholders, implementers
- Effectively apply project planning methodology and enforce project standards in rigorous daily / weekly / monthly execution rhythms, use templates and diligently manage information.
- Manage multiple projects, negotiate supplier contracts/SOW, managed total yearly CAPEX budget of $10MM
- Manage project teams - onsite/offshore model
- Manage the Risk, Scope, Cost, Schedule and Quality
- Drive project teams, coordinate project team activities through a combination of Agile and conventional PMO best practices.
- Conduct weekly status meetings with stakeholders and presentation to senior management.
- Manage resources and allocations on the project throughout the project life cycle.
- Communicate project status to stakeholders.
- Estimate cost for work packages and determine budgets, allocate reserves for contingencies. budget ~ $8M
Technical Specialist/ Technical Project Manager
- Provide project planning and delivery leadership inclusive of gathering business requirements, scope definition for Confidential ’s retail market projects.
- Coordinate team efforts to create detail requirements documents, work break down structure/WBS, activity sequence.
- Estimate cost for work packages and determine budgets, allocate reserves for contingencies.
- Determine schedule following iterative approach in terms of delivery and testing.
- Plan for risks management; determine strategies and contingencies using expert judgements.
- Monitor and control project plan to be within the constraints' limits.
- Manage resources across multiple geographies, scope of work, risks, budget up to $4 M.
- Act as Technical Specialist for Confidential 's Global Capital Markets project group, conduct feasibility prototyping and discovery prototyping to assess technical feasibility of the complete solution stack (SOA) with binary message compression and user interface design respectively.
- Architected, designed and developed the complete solution using OOA/D techniques, using design patterns to process high volume trading data implemented using Java multithreading.
- Provided design documents using UML tools and implemented the framework level library classes that can be reused by application developers.
- Integrated the WS-Security features for the application aligning with Confidential ’s Single-Sign-On (SSO) policy and using Entrust certificates.
- Designed and implemented data transformation framework using Talend Open Source ETL Tool for high volume data processing and transforming relevant pieces of data useful for reporting and analytics by using a data mart.
- Used hibernate advanced features like second level cache with EHCache as cache provider and Oracle Managed View for performance gain.
- Translate business requirements to technical designs using wireframes, proof of concepts, data modeling and application design principles.
- Provide hands-on technical leadership to application development and architecture, high level and low-level designs using OO techniques and methodologies, design patterns, UML.
Platform: Java / JEE, SOA/Web Services, multi-threading, JPA/ORM, UI - HTML/CSS/Java Script
Confidential, San Jose
- Design custom pluggable framework components for Cisco’s Network Management System products.
- Contribute to high level and low level design documents and functional specifications for middle tier and UI components using leading technology stacks of time (GWT, Ajax/dojo, EJB, spring, JPA/Hibernate).
- Design object models for network applications and participate and present design models and service contract definitions (SOA/ JAX-WS) to broader framework architecture team and application users.
- Follow Model Driven Architecture and Design and contribute to a top down approach for frameworks developed from scratch.
- Design major components for the products: Network Topology, Report Frameworks, Fault notification with multithread and asynchronous, event driven UI. Hands on implementation of the above application frameworks and integration with the larger product platform.
- Implemented Fault Manager that serviced high volume of network faults that were rendered in a multi-threaded UI environment. The framework used JMS 1.1 with JBoss MQ as JMS provider while browser based front-end component framework was designed with Ajax and reverse-Ajax (server push model).
- Report framework was designed as a pluggable, distributed architecture where framework provided the report‘s rendering capability using Jasper Reports library. The application plugins were designed to be responsible for capturing reporting data that varied based on applications; performance reports, inventory reports, etc. The core framework was built using EJB 3.0 and a custom registry using XML for applications to provide plugin meta-data. The framework provided a service interface by which the applications will plugin to the Report Framework.
- Implemented portal and portlet (JSR 168/286) development, personalization using Liferay portal server technologies.