- Senior Technical Program/Project Management Professional with Smart Grid, Smart Metering and Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMS, AMI, AMR) meter - to-cash implementation, grid modernization and migration; including enterprise-wide, high availability software/firmware development, enterprise/business/process/data modeling and mapping, database migration, QA, release management, risk/change/governance management, mobile technologies, eCommerce/Cloud Computing, data warehouse and infrastructure implementation experience.
- Successful history in the management, design, development and implementation of complex, distributed, multi-national projects across a broad range of business applications and technical platforms. Experiences consist of the management of the overall operational budget, meeting budget expectations, strategic/tactical planning, directing and controlling project resources and activities, and ensuring success against unexpected failures.
- Proficient with project management software to create and maintain strategic roadmaps, functional diagrams, project timelines, charts, KPI performance metrics, dashboards, specifications and requirements. Skilled at building successful cross-functional solutions that promote creative and cooperative team environments that effectively achieve client’s goals and objectives.
Handson technical experience and knowledge: Radio Frequency (RF) Mesh, Power Line Carrier (PLC), Field Area Network (FAN) and Home Area Network (HAN), RF Mash Network, Head-end systems, MV-90, Systems (MDMS), Meter Collection & Billing Data Warehouse, Customer Care & Billing (CC&B), Mobile Workforce Management (MWM), Advanced Distribution Management System (ADMS), Outage Management System (OMS), Demand Response (DR) Management System (DRMS), Consumer Web Portal, Business Intelligence (BI), Transformer Load Management, Load Research & Forecasting and Pre-Pay Services, Itron Smart Grid Solutions, Landis+ Gridstream Solutions, Cisco Field Area Network (FAN)/Network Management Systems (NMS), Distribution Management Systems (DMS), Networks, Ventyx Service Suites (VSS), Distribution/Workforce Automation, eCommerce/Cloud Service Oriented Integration (SOI), Oracle DataRaker Meter to Bill Analytics and data warehouse computing environments
Sr. Program Manager
- Manage the overall budget, timeline, resources and serve as an advocate and mentor for the implementation team and clients
- Management includes evaluations, purchases, implementation of renewable technologies including labor, expenses, subcontractors, and customer incentives
- Provide day-to-day program leadership to staff including managing education/awareness of program offerings, marketing activities and assisting team to creatively meet or exceed the goals of the program
- Prepare project plans, status and financial reports as required by clients, partners and management
- Positive role model and voice of the program, effectively communicating with area stakeholders interested in the success of this program
- In corporate “best practice” methods of energy efficiency program implementation
- Ensure continuous improvement of operations which includes effective problem resolutions
Sr. Program/Project Manager Consultant
- Meeting program deliverables, energy savings and financial goals
- Strategic/tactical planning, project planning/scheduling and project budgeting
- Resource Management, Vendor Management, Release Certification activities, Release Management
- Workflow/roadmap development and presentations; system/business process/data mapping and documentations; and management of program issues/risks
- Communication of program updates to utility clients and senior management teams
- Mentorship of Smart Grid/Smart Metering/AMI implementation standards to the teams and ensured all of the implementation aspects of the projects are successfully implemented and are accepted by Confidential 's customers, management and stakeholders
- A member of the core leadership team that planned and coordinated a number of projects and teams that were converging towards the defined strategic solution, business requirements and hardware/firmware/software grid modernization implementation for a successful Smart Grid/Smart Metering/AMI program. Also worked closely with The University of Texas at Austin, Pecan Street Inc. to collect, share and research energy consumption in homes and understand how energy is being used and how best to influence behavioral energy usage changes.
Sr. Infrastructure Project Manager Consultant
- Lead an infrastructure team that designed, developed and implemented a new $11 million Ventyx Service Suites workforce architecture/infrastructure hardware/systems that successfully integrated to existing legacy systems (SAP, CC&B, OMS, GIS, EI, Data Marts, etc). Responsibilities included assembling the project team, used cost and scheduling tools to define the scope, budget resource needs, and control other project variables. Function as the liaison between IT, Data Center and cross-functional management teams, the go-to person that represented the entire infrastructure project from the planning through o the deployment stage. This position is part of the Work and Resource Management/Mobile Systems group which supported the Electric, Gas and Customer Care lines of business by enabling field users to leverage PG&E’s enterprise systems via mobile technologies and by providing business work managers/dispatchers the visibility they need to ensure the effective execution of this work.
- Platform/hardware/infrastructure implementation included Ventyx Service Suites (VSS) 8.1/9.1/9.2/9.3, Service Oriented Integration (SOI), AIX, Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL 5.8 & 6.4) on VMware, Oracle 11g, Mobile Connect Afaria, APL, Docsysnc, Netmotion VPN (MXE) and Window 8.
- Implemented applications/hardware/network failover and data center service continuality and recovery
- Core capabilities included seamless transition between Ventyx Service Suites, LAN, Wi-Fi, Cellular and satellite networks integration to a new and old data centers that hosted high transaction traffic with high security requirements
- Drove all infrastructure project related tasks to completion, monitor critical project milestones and its risks and identified ways to resolve technology and schedule issues; assess project performance and implement changes necessary to ensure project remained within cost, schedule, scope and quality objectives
- Established a collaborative working model within the BC Hydro and Vendor organizations - Customer Care Billing (CC&B), Outage Management (OMS), SAP, IT, Finance, Network Operations and vendors: Itron, Cisco, Capgemini, Rogers, Telus, Clevest and Bit Stew
- Conducted IT readiness assessments and post-implementation support focusing on risk remediation, Certifications and Release process and procedural improvements
- Implemented governance and compliance review and approval processes to ensure risks were managed, communicated and proactively remediated
Sr. Infrastructure Project Manager
- Manage all firmware/hardware testing activities and/infrastructural test/stage environmental configuration including provisioning, installing and migrating test meters, firmware, access points, relays, antenna devices through these test environments
- Ensure on-going staff of network engineers, analysts and meter technicians develop to expand competence and skill set to meet certification needs
- Influence product requirements and release timelines as needed to ensure quality and customer satisfaction
- Work closely with all internal departments and vendors to assess product quality needs are understood, prioritized and implemented
- Lead escalation process of release issues, and ensuring that issues are resolved in a timely matter
- Maintain clear communications and provide program status to all relevant stakeholders, including: internal project teams, business project teams, Product Groups, Sr. Level Management and stakeholders as applicable
Sr. Technical Program/Project Manager
- Manage Confidential ’s eCommerce Multi-channel Direct to Consumer (D2C) Retail Distribution and Platform Stability programs/projects with backend integration to IBM mainframe legacy/Teradata data warehouse systems. Provide leadership in the management of the daily project/program management activities, regular communication and reporting to Shareholders, Creative, Marketing Merchandising, IT and Executive teams to achieve expected project goals and objectives.
- To be a "Single Point of Contact" (SPOC) to Business/Product groups for D2C and platform IT Services. Routinely meet with internal customers to discuss services/projects/roadmaps then communicate customers objectives/requirements back to IT Executive management for governance and priority setting. Facilitate the discovery and gathering of business requirements, manage proper resourcing of work, continuously assess, mitigate and mange risk and resolve issues/disconnects within teams. Monitor and take corrective steps when project has deviated from schedule, scope and/or cost.
- Manage activities for one or more projects concurrently, setting plans/tasks for team, individual service providers and project contributors. Track, report, status and manage tasks clearly with the balanced understanding of the business/development criteria and resource/timeline constraints to achieve implementation goals and objectives.
TECHNICAL ENVIRONMENT: SUN, IBM AIX, Unix/Solaris, and Windows platforms. Java/J2EE, multi-tier components (JDBC, Servlets, JMS, JNDI), Akamai, Oracle Coherence, Grids/Cache DBMS, SQL, PHP, JSP, XML, AJAX, Web Services, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Oracle Database 11i, Teradata, DB2, SQL Server, Informatica, Agile and Waterfall Methodologies.
Co-Manager/Sr. Project Manager Consultant
- Member of the SmartMeter™ project management team responsible for the management of goals, objectives, budgets, and results of a large, complex, multiyear rollout of the Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) technology. The SmartMeter™ $1.7 billion program included communication systems: a radio frequency (RF) system for gas (Hexagram's STAR system) and a power-line carrier (PLC) system for electric (DCSI's TWACS system), an enterprise-level energy-usage Measure Bill Collect Data Warehouse (MBCDW) that provided necessary billing data to the Customer Care Billing (CC&B) system.
- Managed multiple related project teams in the development of Measure Bill Collect Data Warehouse (MBCDW), Business intelligence applications and System/data Interface Integrations ensuring efficient operations within project timelines, goals/objectives, corporate policies, regulatory guidelines, and budget parameters. Responsibilities included: ensuring that strategic direction of projects were in-line with business and project objectives, monitoring and communicating expectations and progress toward the completion of project objectives; working with technical and business leads to accurately report status on project initiatives; developing and managing plans for projects; maintaining project schedules; tracking and communicating issues and risks. Additionally, implemented creative tactical solutions to problems and coordinated plans and tasks across technical groups as needed.
- Provided management mentorship and strong interpersonal, problem-solving, conflict resolution, analytical, facilitation, and negotiating skills to the projects.
TECHNICAL ENVIRONMENT: IBM AIX, UNIX, and Windows platforms. DB2, SQL Server, Oracle 10g, Informatica/ETL, Hyperion Brio/BI, MicroStrategy/BI, PL/SQL, Web Services, BEA Weblogic, Java/J2EE, ERwin, SharePoint, Test Director, Remedy, MS Projects, Visio, MS Excel, PowerPoint, RUP and Agile methodology.
Sr. Technical Project Manager Consultant
- Managed fundamental technology solutions deployed in complex, multi-platform, multi-vendor and cross-enterprise heterogeneous, disparate data and IT environments. Participated in the overall strategic planning and implementation of a multilevel transition and migration of Schwab’s old Oracle/DB2 based Data Warehouse (iSchwab) over to the new 10 nodes Teradata Data Warehouse (IDW). This included implementing cost effective offshore/onshore staffing, departmental chargeback engagement model and Business Intelligence (BI) Business Objects implementation and training to the client communities.
- Duties included providing managerial and technical direction for new initiatives, managing technology components for integration to multiple applications and platforms, ensuring that skilled staff members were meeting business objectives and project roadmap, building strong relationships with shareholders, business partners, and operations team in order to drive initiatives to successful completion. Additional responsibilities included weekly status reporting and presentations to executive management and shareholders, project budget reviews, process and data planning; and managed/tracked action items to timely resolution.
- Managed multiple priorities with limited resources in a dynamic environment across multiple physical sites and time zones. This position reported directly to the Data Warehouse Infrastructure Director with weekly status reporting to Senior VP of Financial Services.
TECHNICAL ENVIRONMENT: Teradata, DB2, Oracle 10g, SQL Server, Informatica PowerCenter, Business Objects (BO) Data Marts using JDBC, ODBC and BI tools. Windows NT/2000/XP, PL/SQL, TOAD, Rational Unified Process (RUP) Methodology, ERwin, Crystal Reports, Remedy, MS Projects, Visio, MS Excel, ACCESS, PowerPoint and Resource Planning (RP).
Sr. Project Manager Consultant
- Managed all phases of the project life cycle for the data warehouse portion of the California Smog Emission Check Rewrite project. BAR is part of the California Department of Consumer Affairs that registers and regulates approximately 41,000 California automotive repair facilities, and licenses smog check, lamp and brake inspection stations. The Smog Emission Check program identifies and removes tons of harmful pollutants from California's air and it licenses more than 8,000 Smog Check stations and 13,000 Smog Check technicians, inspects their shops, certifies emissions testing equipment, and monitors Smog Check stations to help ensure compliance with the law.
- My responsibilities as the Data Warehouse Project manager included project kickoff meetings; defining project scope; facilitating technical, operational and/or business requirements definition for Product Development initiatives; developing and maintaining project plan, schedule and cost; identifying and hiring resource needs; tracking and managing project to successful completion; communicating status, issues and risks to project stakeholders; providing leadership to cross-functional teams; developing and maintaining project documentation; identifying process gaps and improvements, defining and documenting processes, and championing the process improvement to cross-functional teams. This position worked closely with members of Product Management, User Interface, QA, Operations and Product Development teams, as well as with all levels of management within the BAR organization.
TECHNICAL ENVIRONMENT: Windows NT/2000/XP, IBM AIX, Oracle 9i, Oracle Warehouse Builder, Hyperion Essbase, Hyperion Analyzer, Brio Intelligence, SQR, PL/SQL, Java, TOAD, Kimball Methodology, ERwin, MS Projects, Visio, MS Excel and PowerPoint.
Senior Project Manager Consultant
- Overall management of the design and development of the Electric Procurement, Infrastructure and Control (EPIC) data warehouse project that extracted granular trade information from disparate transactional and analytical information systems supporting power and gas trading at PG&E.
- It allowed transactions and risk sources in the enterprise to be viewed at different granularity, frequency, periodicity and by different dimensions, such as counterparties, business units, portfolios/strategies, products, markets, trade types, etc. enabling PG&E to answer business questions relating to their composition, risk sensitivity and exposure mitigation.
- The system improved PG&E’s ability to perform risk analysis related to internal controls and enhanced the management reporting and risk analysis associated with risk management.
- Managed all phases of the project lifecycle, with participation in the earlier qualifying and conceptual planning phases.
- My responsibilities included development and maintenances of the project schedule and cost; hiring and managing resources; ensure project deliverables were completed on time, within budget, with the planned functionalities; worked with other functional groups on data stewardship, quality assurance, and data policy; provided regular status reporting and presentations to PG&E’s VPs, directors, managers and steering committee members; and maintained a highly competent staff capable of executing on the Business Intelligence roadmap. Lead efforts to improve business efficiency through implementation Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) solutions
TECHNICAL ENVIRONMENT: Windows NT/2000/XP, IBM AIX, Informatica, BRIO, MicroStrategy, Oracle 9i, MS SQL Server, Oracle applications, WebSphere, WebLogic J2EE, Microsoft IIS, ASP.NET, Visual Studio.Net, Java, PL/SQL, TOAD, UML, ERwin, Kimball Methodology, Crystal Reports, MS Projects, Visio, MS Excel and PowerPoint.